NEW NON-O visa requirement?

Seems like now the immigration require receipts for 3 months rent payments, they even marked this

requirement in RED. does anyone know if this is a new requirement and if they really insist on it?

And at what stage do they want to see it? it cannot be when applying for the 3 months , because than

i did not even stay in the country for three months...common sense say they will demand to see

those rent receipts when applying for the one year extention of the first three months, but since there

is not much sense here, i wanted to confirm it

here is the qoute from the immigration form:

8. Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord; A copy of house registration. Location map of the houseand a rental receipt Past three months

there is also a new notification on the immigration info page about the notification of residence in accordance with section 38 ...what the heck does this mean???

2. The applicant who comes to contact must show the notification of residence in accordance with Section 38and present the accommodation notification

The 3 months rental and etc is fairly new and is mostly a requirement for Bangkok to keep people from going there to only to apply for the visa. At other offices they would probably only want a rental agreement to prove you address.

Section 38 is for the well known TM30 form submittal done when you arrive a your residence.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

so how can i show 3 months rental when i only apply for a visa?

obviously i cannot be in the country 3 months prior to the non-O visa application...

You will not need it since you just entered the country. I wrote about a rental agreement for after you apply not before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I wrote about a rental agreement for after you apply not before.

yes this is what you wrote, but it is not what the immigration wrote.

you might have great common sense, but immigration might other kinds

of senses and logic.

there is a new info form for non-O visa, a

form that was attached to one of your posts recently.

the way i understand it, it informs about the rewuirements to get the 3 month

extention, so how come the past 3 months rental receipts?

6 minutes ago, frantick said:

So what you're saying @ubonjoeis that this:

rental receipt past 3 months

means:

rental receipt (or contact) LONGER than 3 months

Right?

the immigration info form states that need the rental aggreement, AND past 3 months

rental receipts. this when you suppose to apply for the first non-O extention...does not make sense.

4 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the immigration info form states that need the rental aggreement, AND past 3 months

rental receipts. this when you suppose to apply for the first non-O extention...does not make sense.

I have seen no reports of the wanting it for the previous 3 months. It think it is a error in the translation of it and should be 3 months after as a minimum for a rental agreement.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not need it since you just entered the country. I wrote about a rental agreement for after you apply not before.

Has he actually entered the Country, last I remember he stated he gave up because he couldn't master the COE application website.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Has he actually entered the Country, last I remember he stated he gave up because he couldn't master the COE application website.

I meant when he applies for one he will of recently entered the country.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

think it is a error in the translation of it and should be 3 months after as a minimum for a rental agreement.

i also think like you but wanted to make sure, it does seem like a mistake on the form but who knows, and as usual we the farang pay the price of incompetent thai officers

22 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

gave up because he couldn't master the COE application website.

indeed i gave up the COE application and decided to wait until july when no

quarantine will be required for the vaccinated.

i acctually did manage to master the COE website and did send the application, and

guess what happaned? first, i did not get any reply at all.

than, two weeks later, when i asked the embassy about it, they told me to file the COE again.

this time i did get the answer, but was surprised to see that my application was rejected

because i do not have the insurance and ASQ proof of payment.

i wrote to the embassy that their website state that on the first stage

of COE application there is no need for those documents, and they wrote

to me back OH SORRY SIR, YOU ARE RIGHT. OUR MISTAKE, YOUR COE IS APPROVED.

this made me change my mind and delay my arrival to a time when ASQ is not needed.

i do not want to pay such high amounts of money for such a low

quality of service. i do not mind low quality of service and state officials, but

sorry thailand, not for those amounts of money and hastle.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i acctually did manage to master the COE website and did send the application, and

guess what happaned? first, i did not get any reply at all.

than, two weeks later, when i asked the embassy about it, they told me to file the COE again.

this time i did get the answer, but was surprised to see that my application was rejected

because i do not have the insurance and ASQ proof of payment.

i wrote to the embassy that their website state that on the first stage

of COE application there is no need for those documents, and they wrote

to me back OH SORRY SIR, YOU ARE RIGHT. OUR MISTAKE, YOUR COE IS APPROVED.

this made me change my mind and delay my arrival to a time when ASQ is not needed.

quality of service. i do not mind low quality of service and state officials, but

so your taking a gamble on some places in Thailand not requiring quarantine after 1st July

10 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

That depends upon where you traveling to. At this time it is only Phuket and possibley Samui and 1 or 2 other tourist hotspots.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Even if the Phuket Sandbox scheme goes ahead, you effectively still have to quarantine for 7 days before you can travel elsewhere.  A negative PCR test, Covid Insurance and a COE are still required.

I'd get through the first hurdle before asking about the Non O requirements.

Edited by Tanoshi

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

only Phuket and possibley Samui

the way i understand the new july openning is like that:

1. vaccinated tourist (visa exempt) can land in phuket with NO NEED for quarantine.

2. after 7 days in phuket, the farang can leave phuket to anywhere in thailand, pending

local thai TRAVEL restrictions.

3. yes COE and covid test is still required, but no need for the ASQ under this new july

phuket openning.

did i get it right? please tell that i got it right, otherwise i will go for MRI

Edited by SCOTT FITZGERSLD

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

there is also a new notification on the immigration info page about the notification of residence in accordance with section 38 ...what the heck does this mean???

Section 38 of the Immigration Act.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.
In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1
is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division.
Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with
regulations prescribed by the Director General.

Your place of residence must be notified using form TM30.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Even if the Phuket Sandbox scheme goes ahead, you effectively still have to quarantine for 7 days before you can travel elsewhere

i think you are wrong, the phuket scheme is allready final, and there is no need for quarantine, only need to stay in phuket for 7 days, before the vaccinated tourist can travel elsewhere in thailand.

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

8. Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord; A copy of house registration. Location map of the houseand a rental receipt Past three months

So how would that affect someone with a Usufruct agreement that doesn't pay rent?

10 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

So how would that affect someone with a Usufruct agreement that doesn't pay rent?

Your Usufruct could be used to do the application as you were applying for it in the same province where the house is located. Same for those that own a condo.

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your Usufruct could be used to do the application as you were applying for it in the same province where the house is located. Same for those that own a condo.

Well I would hope so but I can't provide 3 months rent receipts because I don't pay rent.

4 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i think you are wrong, the phuket scheme is allready final, and there is no need for quarantine, only need to stay in phuket for 7 days, before the vaccinated tourist can travel elsewhere in thailand.

Staying in Phuket for 7 days is quarantine.

quar·an·tine
noun
1. a state, period, or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed.

No this is far from final. I didn't believe it either, but I kept digging. It's not final, you are taking a risk. I decided not to take the risk.

well, i am not an alien, and i never met a competent official, so i do not need to worry

alien = belonging to a foreign country or nation. a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living.

5 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Not finalised yet, and some recent discussion that it may be 14 days when/if a decision is finally reached.

TAT also states, however, that the Phuket Sandbox program is still subject to the status of COVID-19 across the country. In order for it to go ahead at least 70% of Phuket’s population must be vaccinated. Huge efforts are taking place across the island right now to make sure that happens. Whether or not it can be achieved is yet to be seen. There is also currently a 2-week quarantine in place for anyone who arrives in Phuket from other parts of Thailand.

So your plan is very risky. 

3 hours ago, treetops said:

Not finalised yet, and some recent discussion that it may be 14 days when/if a decision is finally reached.

14 DAYS staying in phuket (not quarantine)? that is also fine with me.

problem is that the situation in thailand is much worse than what they tell ua.

last week a plane landed in my country, filled with thai workers, 40 were discovered

to be covid positive. 40 out of 200 . that is 25%...that also means that the covid tests in thailand are useless, or maybe they found easy ways to fake it.

• Sad 1