Mystery deaths on Koh Tao: Billionaire hotel and factory owners found dead in hotel pool

webfact

6 minutes ago, orchis said:

From the hotel's website:
"To ensure convenience, safety and comfort, beginner and refresher divers conduct skill practice here in our majestically appointed swimming pool, which features a large shallow area for practicing basic skills and a 2 (m) deep section for perfecting buoyancy and swimming skills."

Exactly no 3 meter deep pool there as claimed by the poster

• Like 2

10 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

I wonder if the police even bothered to check how deep that pool is!? Most pools are barely chest height and yet...

No matter how deep, in a pool you can just turn onto your back and float.

5 minutes ago, BB1955 said:

Having investigated a few deaths in my time , I d have a difficult time with this one .  If it were in the ocean thats a different thing . But in a swimming pool two people drowned  ......... Smells fishy to me.

Hmm no fish in pools bro...

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Or you could just stand up ????

if you're about 2.15 meter tall, your mouth would just about reach the surface standing.
most Indo Thai are not 2.15 meter tall.

Edited by orchis

3 minutes ago, orchis said:

if you're 2 meter tall.

a step away from the slope of the shallow end as evidenced by the photo you posted, besides which they were not diving and why would it be dark as you claim?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, Moonlover said:

So you're able to establish the size (and the depth maybe?) of the pool from a photo showing one small section. How astute of you.

I don't know this particular hotel, but most hotels don't have a deep pool. I say "most", because yes, I have seen very deep pools (3 mtres) that they use for diving lessons.

On 6/5/2021 at 10:00 AM, chmeatloaf said:

you are lucky enough to be staying legally in Thailand. Police we have come in contact have been extremely helpful and dedicated in their jobs and responsibility. Perhaps, the police in your home country have sowed doubts into you long before you came here.

Are a you a ghost writer who get paid for writing BS? Or just arrived last week with your pink sunglasses still on?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gilltom said:

Tes but it wasn.t working????????????????

We could assume they died by electrocution caused by faulty bonding or grounding.

Electrical hazards around a pool can lead to to multiple deaths or injuries. This occurs when an individual becomes incapacitated by stray current in the water and one or more persons jump in or reach out to save the victim, resulting in multiple electrocutions or serious shocks.

It would be in the resorts best interest to say the cameras weren't working.  ????

Edited by lucky2008

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm assuming they were held underwater by thugs until they stopped breathing.

I thought about that as well, but I doubt the resort would be stupid enough to <deleted> on their own door step. 

It's a 5 star resort, there must have been some type of security.  

The son also came into mind, but then by looking at the pictures it seems they died in the main pool.  Not the best place to get away with murder.  

Hopefully, an autopsy will be preformed and shed some light on this unfortunate "accident." 

Edited by lucky2008

31 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

But it's a 5 star resort on Koh Tao. Not same same 5 star resort on (say) Phuket.

Very true, but it seems a bit far fetched that the couple was murdered in broad daylight in the main pool area.

That would be like saying staff and the other guests are complacent in the crime, highly unlikely.  

pool.jpg

hotel_overview-1.jpg

hotel_overview-2.jpg

Edited by lucky2008
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

It's a 5 star resort, there must have been some type of security.  

They were probably the thugs.

I wonder if there were any other guests at the time, or did someone arrange for the rest of the hotel to be empty?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

BKK6060  Good reply and I would like to add that it seems funny that a billionaire son does not have a cell phone to call the police. 

Maybe the poor chap  is mentally retarded so his parents did not think there was any point in him having one. It would also explain why he was confused as what to do perhaps when he saw his parents lifeless in the pool. That being the case I wonder if his parents considered who would inherit their fortune after their passing ?  So many things we do not know yet.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:25 AM, WineOh said:

Why would anyone go to Koh Tao?

We all know which family runs that place.

However, if you like a garden hoe put to your head after a meal then maybe this is the place for you! 

I don't know who runs the island. Enlighten me please.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

10 pages of gossip and speculation about 2 people nobody knew or nobody gives 2 hoots about. Something to pass the time though I suppose in the land of nothing to do.

Au contrare dear Rodney…. 

People living in Thailand do give two hoots about the possibility of police corruption overlooking possible murder etc…

I care, I’ve seen Thailands reputation tarnished enough in the international press. 

Probably the dodgiest place on the planet right now, that freaking death trap, and local (KT) expats defending it -instead of wising up and cutting their losses. 

Putting death ahead of bankruptcy is not viable business strategy.

More cover-ups there than a bargirl on speed with a kilo of skin-whitening powder.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Au contrare dear Rodney…. 

People living in Thailand do give two hoots about the possibility of police corruption overlooking possible murder etc…

I care, I’ve seen Thailands reputation tarnished enough in the international press. 

Aww. Bless your cotton socks.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, carlyai said:

I don't know who runs the island. Enlighten me please.

Sadly, due to the strict Thai defamation laws if I named names here then I would be in violation of them.

Do a bit of digging on the open internet.

It's not my job to enlighten you.

Edited by WineOh

On 6/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

The booze and babes crowd..don't knock em...they don't get involved in echo chambers forums...but go go to  Koh Tao and have a great  time. A beautiful  time. They visit Thailand  not headlines about Thailand..

Unfortunately some do !

• Haha 1