Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Mystery deaths on Koh Tao: Billionaire hotel and factory owners found dead in hotel pool

webfact

10 hours ago, WineOh said:

Sadly, due to the strict Thai defamation laws if I named names here then I would be in violation of them.

Do a bit of digging on the open internet.

It's not my job to enlighten you.

But sadly not just this island either, all of them are run for personal entertainment and gain. Well guess you could say that about  Thailand in general really.

On 6/5/2021 at 4:44 PM, Bday Prang said:

Thai police are not so bad, problem is most westerners  just cant get their heads around the fact that the police are working to a completely different script than the police back home . You are not the people who will change things, it's better you learn how the system works and integrate accordingly. Its not that difficult (or expensive) to keep the BiB sweet 

Conversely I  its quite difficult and very expensive to keep western police sweet ,  Imagine what would happen to you in the U.K. for example if you were to offer a police officer a small amount of money say £25  to overlook a motoring offence.

Give me the Thai way any day ,  for those that don't agree I suggest you learn some Thai and make some Thai friends (ideally policemen) life really gets easier , and its more fun than moaning on here

SORRY' i am confused does this mean Murder is not Murder in Thailand or is it how much money you got so if your RICH like the saying ;He get away with  murder;?so stay from the RICH if you want to keep living

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2021 at 6:08 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Yea right i call total bull on that. The photo by the way is from the hotel facebook page and there are plenty more of them there. It is not a 3 meter deep pool.

Perhaps you are wrong after all.

'Pol Col Wirachan Khunchaikaew of Region 5 said after the CSD visited that the actual depth of the water at its deepest point was 3 meters and the pool had been used for diving instruction. '

Apology accepted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Perhaps you are wrong after all.

'Pol Col Wirachan Khunchaikaew of Region 5 said after the CSD visited that the actual depth of the water at its deepest point was 3 meters and the pool had been used for diving instruction. '

Apology accepted.

Why should I apologize?

"To ensure convenience, safety and comfort, beginner and refresher divers conduct skill practice here in our majestically appointed swimming pool, which features a large shallow area for practicing basic skills and a 2 (m) deep section for perfecting buoyancy and swimming skills."

https://www.jamahkiridiving.com/facilities.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, Bkk Brian said:

There are steps down from the hotel to a very small private beach, photos of it on the website. The son could well have been there and just walked back up again.

Theres no beach, just big boulders. You can go into the water to snorkel or swim. They may have a couple beach chairs set up there on the edge, but trust me, theres no beach at Jamakhiri. They give free boat rides over to Haad Tien where theres a beach

On 6/6/2021 at 2:02 AM, faraday said:

Absolutely, old - or is it young, son?

Bribery & corruption are the way forward, who cares about law & order, when you can buy your way out of it?

*Post contains nuts*

you don't really fit in here do you?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 5:54 PM, JimboJ said:

Pool lights run on 12 volts.  Try putting each hand on the terminals of your car battery, and see if you die.

That was my first thought... and I don't see the main circulation pump doing anything. But a wiring error on the lights, using the wrong type of transformer, (auto not isolating).... I just think anything is possible here. All speculative though.....