Mystery deaths on Koh Tao: Billionaire hotel and factory owners found dead in hotel pool

webfact

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Please stop posting comments like that, especially to me.

Had 2 occasions being involved with the corrupt police here, first time a senior policeman accepted money and got me jailed, second time serious road accident, police involved lied about how it happened.

Have nothing but contempt for the MIB lying cheating corrupt bar stewards is the best I can say about them! 

It's ALL about money with them and the explanation is simple plod on the street HAS to kick up money to his supervisor and so on and so on why do you think the chief of police in phuket received 10 mil THB from the incoming guy? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chmeatloaf said:

you are lucky enough to be staying legally in Thailand. Police we have come in contact have been extremely helpful and dedicated in their jobs and responsibility. Perhaps, the police in your home country have sowed doubts into you long before you came here.

As it happens my wife comes from a police family in Thailand so I have a fair insight into the corruption, or at least the proceeds of it.  I won't go into details but suffice to say they all live a lifestyle that most would envy.   They range in rank from Sargent to Colonel (Pan).  The corruption is deep rooted and unbreakable.  It certainly helped us when we lived there, although of course I couldn't possibly comment on what that meant! 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Col Kriangkrai Kraikaew

Talk about your tongue twister: try saying that name five times quick. It's sad, though, that this death island is once again in the spotlights for a couple of dubious deaths, that were ruled an accident by the police right off the bat. Something smells fishy there.

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

Check the bottom of the pool for a toaster!

Seriously, maybe electrical fault in pool lighting for example, and both electrocuted.

There better be an autopsy. ????

Pool lights run on 12 volts.  Try putting each hand on the terminals of your car battery, and see if you die.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Pathetic isnt it? Police determined it was a tragic accident.

Of course they did, anything else would mean the lazy sods would have to do some work.

This begs an honest question. Aside from cops that have a specific (traffic) and or specialized (forensic pathologist) duty - what do 95% of the cops actually DO?!

At least immigration officers push paper from one side of the desk to the other. I have no idea what the purpose of police in this country.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The thing is, the police haven't, it's only the (to use your words) "comedy caper" Thaivisa posters who are wrongly claiming that they have arrived at a final conclusion.

Try reading the article again. "Police have initially determined it was a tragic accident".

Thai meaning, same same, initial and conclusion, anything more than that would be considered work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

As it happens my wife comes from a police family in Thailand so I have a fair insight into the corruption, or at least the proceeds of it.  I won't go into details but suffice to say they all live a lifestyle that most would envy.   They range in rank from Sargent to Colonel (Pan).  The corruption is deep rooted and unbreakable.  It certainly helped us when we lived there, although of course I couldn't possibly comment on what that meant! 

I play golf/tennis with a couple of 'pans', nice guys. I also know/worked for a 'pon', who is the head of 7 provinces in Isan. You don't get to be a 'pon' by being a nice guy. Most people have no idea what goes on in the world of these guys. Think about the  5 families in New York and it's not far removed.

The autopsies should be able to show whether electrocution was the cause, heart attacks or some other health issue.

For example, electrocution will mean limited water in the lungs compared to drowning, for both victims.

Rest in Peace

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Both drowned at the same time? it has to be a lot more to it than just an "accidental death".. No way Jose...

I reckon that there must have been a tsunami. In the pool. A pool tsunami. ????

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, petermik said:

We will never know the truth....

The only thing we know for sure is that now the son is a 34 year old billionaire . That alone would be enough for a big investigation . I geuss he knew they where going to the pool and he also must have known if they couldn't swim so why did he leave them alone there ? 

A billion reasons to investigate .

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Drowning in a pool is most certainly possible and apparently this one was around 2 meters so it's feasible. But you question whether 2 people can drown. That is also feasible.

If one party got into difficulties and the other attempted to help them, it can be a double tragedy waiting to happen. A trained rescuer is taught to be very wary of the victim panicking and grabbing hold of the rescuer. This can result in both parties struggling to survive.

Trained rescuers learn to keep clear of the victim, even by pushing or kicking them away if necessary and endeavor to restrain the victim from behind. An untrained rescuer would not be aware of the dangers.

I can easily visualize how this tragedy occurred and yes, I have taken both Royal Life Saving Institute training and the PADI rescue diver courses.

Puts me in mind of Ronnie and Roxy Mitchell, the sisters who drowned in the swimming pool in an episode of EastEnders.  However, EE is a soap opera ......

Edited by IslandLover

8 hours ago, chmeatloaf said:

you are lucky enough to be staying legally in Thailand. Police we have come in contact have been extremely helpful and dedicated in their jobs and responsibility. Perhaps, the police in your home country have sowed doubts into you long before you came here.

You may be correct BUT this island has a history!

Why is luck involved? If you abide by the rules and contribute to any country, you should be allowed to stay. The US doesn't have near the rules Thailand has for Thai's to stay there.. You contribute and stay out of trouble, you should be allowed to stay anywhere on earth. There are bad police in every country, and a lot here are looking the other way where human trafficking is involved, as Thailand has a huge problem where that is concerned. There are a lot of corrupt police everywhere, and I know quite a few cops here that are very good at their jobs and legit, and the news shows the opposite also. As far as the post is concerned, it looks to be a homicide to my thinking. Drowning two people only takes a few minutes with only two strong men involved. Billionaires are huge targets and should have people watching them.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 2

Helpfulness and dedication are admirable attitudes. The fly in the ointment is competency.