Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

6 minutes ago, Enzian said:

So when I went through this process at 9 AM on Monday on INTERVAC and got a page with the words Your Account at the top and the 1970 default date, and on the bottom it says "Wait for an email confirmation from [email protected]" with the word "Close", that did or did not mean anything? I assumed I was to wait for something from that email address, but I see all you guys going on and trying (and sometimes succeeding?) to get actual dates. 

So do I wait?

Or what is my next step? I'm in Bangkok. Thanks.

The 1970 message meant NOTHING, other than showing that you have a valid login ID and password for the site.

You can pretty much ignore what happened on Monday, just re-login when you can, and try to complete your personal info if not already done, and then attempt to schedule an appointment if there are any openings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Enzian said:

So when I went through this process at 9 AM on Monday on INTERVAC and got a page with the words Your Account at the top and the 1970 default date, and on the bottom it says "Wait for an email confirmation from [email protected]" with the word "Close", that did or did not mean anything? I assumed I was to wait for something from that email address, but I see all you guys going on and trying (and sometimes succeeding?) to get actual dates. 

So do I wait?

Or what is my next step? I'm in Bangkok. Thanks.

I would (and did) start over even if you have to make a new registration as that original is useless and very unlikely to get any response - you did not go through the real eligibility process/hospital selection due web site issues and process is starting to become usable, but still people having some issues.  On Wed they only had date up to 25th - today it seems they went to 30th from reports and expect it will be ongoing process with only dates for 2 to 3 weeks in advance each time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I managed to complete registration with my original day-old login, which had previously failed due to non-functioning menus, etc. But I had to fill out stuff like name and birth date that went missing.

Anyway, made it to the booking page. Vaccination slots, only running out to 4-5 days, disappeared fast. I think that the system was mostly just getting behind showing the latest availabilities. 

Will see what tomorrow brings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

Thanks, I completely missed the green/black bit. I was so happy that I got in at all ! 

Everybody is confused by the site becuase of how poorly it is put together.  Even Thai officials have now admitted there are issues with the site and recommending people hold off using the site until they are resolved.

4 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Perhaps, but I believe that allotments of vaccine are by province and only for residents of that particular province. 

You might well slip through the cracks though so good luck and best wishes, but I think the only way you were able to get the appointment is becuase the InterVac site database is so screwed up right now that it did not take into account which province you reside in when you booked.

Once it is finally (if ever) fixed, you may get a nasty surprise...so I'd keep an eye on your InterVac account to be sure your appointment doesn't get cancelled.

I own condos in both Pattaya and Bangkok and spend time in both cities.  I'm in the age group that is suppose to be given priority in June--although that seems to have fallen by the wayside.  I see nothing wrong in registering for the jab in Bangkok as that was the only choice available when Intervac allowed me to choose a hospital and date.  Whether I actually get the jab is, of course, up in the air.  

4 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Just so you know...Chonburi is the province that Pattaya is a part of, so a hospital in Pattaya is also in Chonburi (the province).

More important though, the rollout is by Province with recipients limited to residents of that province, so your appointment may actually be in jeopardy. 

I know that many have been able to get appointments in Bangkok, even though they reside in ChonBuri province but I think that's only because the InterVac database is so screwed up right now it is not taking into account the province you actually reside in.

Once they get the database fixed (if they ever do), a lot of those appointments may get cancelled.

Best wishes and good luck but I'd keep an eye on your Intervac account page in case your appointment does get cancelled.

Yes, I know Pattaya is in Chonburi.  Duh.  I was making it clear that my province is Chonburi and my address in the province is in Pattaya.  When I booked my appointment no Chonburi province or Pattaya specific hospitals showed up as choices.   

On 6/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, Surelynot said:

Been....Bumrungrad.......Bangkok........no vaccines available.....their allocation has all been used.

Bumrungrad is something of a mystery to me on this subject.I registered in early May (I have a pink card, hospital number and medical records - and am age qualified) and then heard nothing.When I chased them a week or so ago the line was that the allocation was full.They have a bevy of PR people - non Thais - who are personable but not really clued up on detail.Their role is to give the soft answer that turns away wrath - but that answer is still "NO." I strongly suspect they are not vaccinating many foreigners hoping they will will be ready to wait until year end when the profit generating vaccines will be available.

I might be wrong on this and it would be interesting to know whether other members have had any success

• Like 1

Mmm! So pray tell where do you register if you are in the Rangsit Pathumthani Thani area? I am 70 years of age and I have a triple A (abdominal aortic aneurysm) which is a small sized one and was last check out in the UK in 2019. I have no paperwork for it here and I have been back here since February 2020 after I returned from the burial of my second oldest son in the same month.

Where are those who do not live in and around Bangkok area supposed to register for this vaccine? 

12 minutes ago, MacF said:

Where are those who do not live in and around Bangkok area supposed to register for this vaccine? 

At the local government hospital. 

If they don't register people they know where to go. 

Many provinces vaccinate at special vaccination sites,  not the hospital. 

You may be able to register there,  or they would know. 

You can always ask TAT in your province or the government office which number in your province to call regarding covid. 

Difficult if you don't speak Thai.

• Haha 2

In reply to Jayboy above regarding Bumrungrad, I've run into the same brick wall, and I'm 81 and had had a hospital member number since 2013. I'm guessing that they are only one among a large number of hospitals, and at the same time have a a higher proportion of their clients being foreign than almost any other place; so allocations may indeed be short. I have to wonder if the fact of a large % of their clients being Muslim plays into it somehow, but maybe that's splitting hairs.

I tend to be skeptical when someone claims the profit motive plays a big role, but I've been known to be naive, and I have noticed their charges going up this year.

14 hours ago, newnative said:

Yes, I know Pattaya is in Chonburi.  Duh.  I was making it clear that my province is Chonburi and my address in the province is in Pattaya.  When I booked my appointment no Chonburi province or Pattaya specific hospitals showed up as choices.   

My point was simply that a local hospital in ChonBuri is the only hospital that a resident of ChonBuri is entitled to be vaccinated at.  So, your inability to find one simply means vaccines are not available to Chon Buri residents yet. 

The InterVac site is so screwed up right now that instead of alerting you to that fact, it allowed you to book in another province, which you are not actually entitled to do. 

You may slip through the cracks and get vaccinated in Bangkok but several TVF poster who did the same thing as you have done have already received cancellation notices.

Officials connected to the InterVac site have already stated that there are "issues" with the site and people should refrain from using it until those issues are corrected.  Why they even have the site open to the public in its' seriously flawed state is a total mystery.

Edited by WaveHunter

14 hours ago, newnative said:

I own condos in both Pattaya and Bangkok and spend time in both cities.  I'm in the age group that is suppose to be given priority in June--although that seems to have fallen by the wayside.  I see nothing wrong in registering for the jab in Bangkok as that was the only choice available when Intervac allowed me to choose a hospital and date.  Whether I actually get the jab is, of course, up in the air.  

Well that puts a different spin on things entirely.  You didn't say you were also a legal resident of Bangkok, as well as of Chonburi.  You should have made that clear in your original post becuase it was misleading to others who read your post and assumed they could register in a province other than the one they were a legal resident of.

Edited by WaveHunter

You cannot even log in now, last time I did it to complete the registration the nationality drop down did not work. I will give it another go this afternoon then give up if it does not work, I think a 5 days and many attempts is enough????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

My point was simply that a local hospital in ChonBuri is the only hospital that a resident of ChonBuri is entitled to be vaccinated at.  So, your inability to find one simply means vaccines are not available to Chon Buri residents yet. 

The InterVac site is so screwed up right now that instead of alerting you to that fact, it allowed you to book in another province, which you are not actually entitled to do. 

You may slip through the cracks and get vaccinated in Bangkok but several TVF poster who did the same thing as you have done have already received cancellation notices.

Officials connected to the InterVac site have already stated that there are "issues" with the site and people should refrain from using it until those issues are corrected.  Why they even have the site open to the public in its' seriously flawed state is a total mystery.

47 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Officials connected with the InterVac site have admitted there are issues with the site.  As we all know there are MAJOR issues.  As ridiculous as it sounds, we simply have to wait for them to resolve the issues in "thai time".

Their strategy in opening up the site before it was properly debugged was simply to meet the June 7 deadline.  Why they could not create an effective website is beyond me since even a second-rate online merchant is capable of designing a website that targets foreigners.

They apparently thought they could use us as beta testers, opening the site for a few hours during the day, and then using the remaining day to troubleshoot all of the errors.  Well that obviously did not work too well LOL!

Unfortunately, you just need to be patient.  Just log in daily at Noon when they open the site and see how they are doing.  As stupid as it sounds, this is the only way you are going to get registered and receive an appointment.

I mean, this is Thailand and they have their own way of doing things, however strange it may seem.  You just need to adapt to that fact...or let it drive you crazy LOL.

Well, now new competition to thailandintervac.com with thainlandintervac.com/expatriates opening up on 14 June.

I guess that wont crash the system. Much.

19 minutes ago, samtam said:

Well, now new competition to thailandintervac.com with thainlandintervac.com/expatriates opening up on 14 June.

I guess that wont crash the system. Much.

OK, I'll bite...What on earth are you talking about? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I reside outside Bangkok but was able o book an appointment on Monday.  I subsequently needed to update the lost information (including my address) but retained the original appointment.  You mention that some TVF posters have received cancellation notices.  Was this posted here, on this thread?  Did they have confirmed appointments.  Did they get an email or did the appointment simply disappear?  I have just checked mine and it's still there.  At this point I fully intend to turn up for my appointment but if there is some firm verifiable information that this may be a wasted trip I would need to reconsider.

• Like 1

Well today I managed to open all the drop down boxes and get all my information entered, then I get to booking my vaccines and hospital and regardless of which vaccine and which hospital there are no dates, can't pick a date for any month...nothing at all. 

Edited by grain
  • Thanks 1

Just now, grain said:

Well today I managed to open all the drop down boxes and get all my information entered, then I get to booking my vaccines and hospital and regardless of which vaccine and which hospital there are no dates, can't pick a date for any month...nothing at all. It's like they're taking the <deleted> with us. 

Same here....tried to rebook (have sinovac next week), but won't allow me, so registered with new email........no dates available for any of the hospitals listed fort either vaccine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gashead said:

I reside outside Bangkok but was able o book an appointment on Monday.  I subsequently needed to update the lost information (including my address) but retained the original appointment.  You mention that some TVF posters have received cancellation notices.  Was this posted here, on this thread?  Did they have confirmed appointments.  Did they get an email or did the appointment simply disappear?  I have just checked mine and it's still there.  At this point I fully intend to turn up for my appointment but if there is some firm verifiable information that this may be a wasted trip I would need to reconsider.

I just checked and my appointment for the 24th is still a go.  Finally was able to get the 'Download Vaccination Appointment' tab to work, too.  

• Like 1

I note that AZ due to government early next week has been pushed back to at least Friday.  Expect reservations are based on what will be available and understand is only about 2 to 3 weeks into the future so believe it is a check daily until openings become available and jump on it.  

• Thanks 1

Logged in about 12:40 pm and had to fill out most of the same things I did yesterday, e.g. Check Eligibility, Screening questions, etc. (Twice as I wanted to do a reset.) Then the Booking button came up and led me right to . . . nothing. Zero dates, zero vaccines, zero, hospitals. Nothing in July either. A shambles.  I feel like I do when staring at an empty shelf at Big C. Or Foodland. Or Villa. 

PS: Logged in four times in half an hour. Nothing.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Just logged into InterVac to see if I could schedule an appointment herre in ChonBuri.  Still a No-Go.   No hospital showing for ChonBuri (not surprising). 

Also, no appointment dates showing as available to me for any of the Bangkok hospitals, which I assume is the InerVac website's way of telling me that, as a ChonBuri resident I can not choose a Bangkok hospital.

So, I'm just going to assume that until I see a Chonburi hospital listed, it's pointless to go any further, and will just wait until one is listed.

What a monumental waste of time this all has been. ????

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Also, no appointment dates showing as available to me for any of the Bangkok hospitals, which I assume is the InerVac website's way of telling me that, as a ChonBuri resident I can not choose a Bangkok hospital.

There have been repeated reports of no availability today so suspect it has more to do with vaccine allotment - it gone until more is allocated.  This was designed to only serve 2 weeks or so into the future so choice of dates has been very limited.  Hope Monday more dates available but with the new website/system for all foreigners going online Monday also it could actually get worse?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There have been repeated reports of no availability today so suspect it has more to do with vaccine allotment - it gone until more is allocated.  This was designed to only serve 2 weeks or so into the future so choice of dates has been very limited.  Hope Monday more dates available but with the new website/system for all foreigners going online Monday also it could actually get worse?  

What is the new system?  I have heard nothing of that.  Do you have a link?  I'm really growing weary of this whole registration scheme. Is it actually being run by monkees in a zoo?

15 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

What a monumental waste of time this all has been.

Yes sir.... but often the case here. Felt the same with their Phone App registration and all the blah blah over yellow books and pink cards. I still expect to pay for jabs at BHP some time in the future... along with nursing charges,

Edited by jacko45k

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

What is the new system?  I have heard nothing of that.  Do you have a link?  I'm really growing weary of this whole registration scheme. Is it actually being run by monkees in a zoo?

Becomes active Monday - topic on this link

https://thailandintervac.com/expatriates

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 9:51 AM, WaveHunter said:

They had the pull down menus fixed early this morning but apparently when you enter your information, it does not get saved properly since if you go back in to check, the fields are blank.  The site is now shut down as of 9:30am, and due to open again at Noon, so MAYBE they will have it fixed by then. 

Same for me .

Had hoped for a few dates in Chonburi at least.

With all the positive announcements and fan fair it only add salt to the wound.

How much spin was put out day after day saying more than enough vaccines ready to go.

Seems Bangkok the main show after Sandbox Show.

Wish they would be open with the situation.   

Strap in and hang on the name of the game.

Stay Well and hope the new week

is a more professional effort.

This week was a big F from me.

Edited by Changbeer4me
Spelling
  • Like 1