Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Thanks Andrew, I suppose the best thing to do, rather than travel to BKK would be to ring the local hospitals in Pattaya and find out if & when they are going to start vaccinating expats, which from what I see and hear isn't going to be anytime soon. Maybe some kind soul will post on here when the hospital list has been update to cover other parts of the kingdom. ????

So, another problem, I don't possess a printer, buggar. 

Tell me if I am wrong:  This SHOULD BE THE critical path for booking an appointment once you are registered:

1.  Log into your account (which clearly shows what province you are in)

2.  Click this button "Check Eligibility" (which should ONLY check if you are yet able to book an appointment based on your province>

1996745877_snapshot_2021-06-10at1_19_19PM.jpg.896aa1793a962eb922cd70f73b04518f.jpg

3. If no bookings are currently available, a simple message should be returned when you click that "CHECK ELIGIBILITY" button, that simply says, "Bookings are not available for your region at this time; check at a later time." if you are attempting to book in a province that is not yet set up to take appointments.

Instead, this is what we get:

1329750781_snapshot_2021-06-10at1_26_01PM.jpg.25ca6575b2371305f63489f4b27d1817.jpg

I mean,  this message strongly infers that YOU did something wrong and that you should "reload" the page and correct an error that YOU must have made. 

Reloading the page only logs you off the site, which is sort of like a slap in the face to boot! @##$$

I mean, am I missing something or is this just incredible poor web design?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

Tell me if I am wrong:  This SHOULD BE THE critical path for booking an appointment once you are registered:

2.  Click this button "Check Eligibility" (which should ONLY check if you are yet able to book an appointment based on your province>

1996745877_snapshot_2021-06-10at1_19_19PM.jpg.896aa1793a962eb922cd70f73b04518f.jpg

3. If no bookings are currently available, a simple message should be returned when you click that button, that simply says, "Bookings are not available for your region at this time; check at a later time.

Would that not be the logical way to do this, instead of taking you to this page:

1329750781_snapshot_2021-06-10at1_26_01PM.jpg.25ca6575b2371305f63489f4b27d1817.jpg

I mean,  this message strongly infers that YOU did something wrong and that you should "reload" the page and correct an error YOU made. Reloading the page only logs you off the site, which is sort of like a slap in the face! @##$$

Only Phyathai2 has any dates available 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

3. If no bookings are currently available, a simple message should be returned when you click that button, that simply says, "Bookings are not available for your region at this time; check at a later time.

Would that not be the logical way to do this, instead of taking you to this page:

I mean,  this message strongly infers that YOU did something wrong and that you should "reload" the page and correct an error YOU made. Reloading the page only logs you off the site, which is sort of like a slap in the face! @##$$

I think you have hit the nail on the head ????????????????????

The whole thing is a crock of yabba dabba pooo

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head ????????????????????

The whole thing is a crock of yabba dabba pooo

I think eventually this online system will work out simply becuase online registration and appointment booking is the only logical and safe way to do this, but right now, I'm getting the impression that this site's real intention until that happens is just to keep foreigners preoccupied with a lot of nonsense so as to avoid a mass meltdown of people that are growing more angry and frustrated by the day.

10 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

3. If no bookings are currently available, a simple message should be returned when you click that "CHECK ELIGIBILITY" button, that simply says, "Bookings are not available for your region at this time; check at a later time." if you are attempting to book in a province that is not yet set up to take appointments.

I mean,  this message strongly infers that YOU did something wrong and that you should "reload" the page and correct an error that YOU must have made. 

Reloading the page only logs you off the site, which is sort of like a slap in the face to boot! @##$$

Click on 'Change booking'.

• Like 1

Just now, WaveHunter said:

Has ANYONE from Chonburi Province actually been able to get an appointment through InterVac yet...ANYONE at all?   Don't be shy, please let us know ????

Yes, I did.  BUT, not for a hospital in Chonburi.  I registered with Chonburi province and Pattaya address.  The 3 hospital choices were all in Bangkok.  I have an appointment for Sinovac at Phyathai 2 Hospital on the 24th.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, newnative said:

Click on 'Change booking'.

It makes no logical sense to change a booking you have not yet made. 

Nonetheless I tried it anyway.  Only 3 hospitals show up (all in Bangkok), not ChonBuri which is where I live, and the InterVac database knows that so I should not even have seen Bangkok hospitals listed.

What's more, absolutely no appointment dates are available to me for either vaccine at any of the three hospitals.

I assume that is the website's way of telling me that since I am in Chonburi Province, an appointment date is not yet available to me. 

There is a far more straightforward way for them to tell me that, which is just to put that message on the main booking page when I click the "Check Eligibility" button. 

A grade-schooler learning basic website design would be able to figure this out, so why we end up with such a convoluted mess is just beyond me.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

What confuses me is the eligibility question: being over 60. No problem there for me. Do you also have to have a co-morbidity too to be eligible?  It's not clear to me. Thanks.

No, it's either one or the other, not both together.  Also it is "60 and older", not "over 60".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

It makes no logical sense to change a booking you have not yet made.  Besides when you actually do such an illogical things as that (which I tried), only 3 hospitals show up (all in Bangkok), which should not even happen since I am in ChonBuri, and the system knows that.  What's more, absolutely no appointment dates are available to me for either vaccine at any of the three hospitals.

I assume that is the website's way of telling me that since I am in Chonburi Province, an appointment date is not yet available to me. 

There is a far more straightforward way for them to tell me that, which is just to put that message on the main booking page when I click the "Check Eligibility" button. 

It may not be logical but that, I think, is the only way to actually make a booking.  Clicking on 'Change booking' brings up the calendar--which you need to make your booking.  That is how I made my booking yesterday.  I'm looking for the earliest appointment I can make and yesterday that meant going to Bangkok on the 25th and getting Sinovac.

Tomorrow might be a different story.  Tomorrow might bring loads of appointments available for earlier dates in June with AZ at Pattaya and Chonburi hospital choices.  It doesn't look like I can change my appointment at this point so I am likely stuck with Sinovac on the 25th in Bangkok.  Seems to be a crapshoot with the only option to keep trying and see what comes up later today, tomorrow, and the next few days.  Good luck!

1 minute ago, DefaultName said:

Yes, I'm in Pattaya, booking is Bangkok in 2 weeks.  Anyone's guess whether or not it actually happens though.

Well, that's something anyway.  KInd of screwy though, since I thought each province oversees their own rollout, and someone from outside the province should not have been able to register for a jab in a province they were not a resident of.  But best wishes if you slip through the cracks, which seems entirely possible in this crazy registration scheme. ????

41 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Thanks Andrew, I suppose the best thing to do, rather than travel to BKK would be to ring the local hospitals in Pattaya and find out if & when they are going to start vaccinating expats, which from what I see and hear isn't going to be anytime soon. Maybe some kind soul will post on here when the hospital list has been update to cover other parts of the kingdom. ????

They definitely won't tell people. They probably don't even know themselves. Weeks? Months? Your guess is as good as anyone's. 

• Like 1

Finally able to make an appointment given the option of 3 hospital in Bangkok ... the only down side is that I live near Sattahip 150+ km's away ......there's nothing like making life a bit difficult  of us Farangs  lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Actually that information is on the InterVac homepage. Only five hospitals throughout the Kingdom have been listed so far, which seems strange to me, but I guess more will be added to the list as time goes by.

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (BHP) is the only hospital in Pattaya that has been designated.  When the listing changes from black to green (as shown below) it means that hospital is now an active vaccination location.

It is the hospital that holds my records.  I contacted them and they are being tight lipped, saying they have no idea "when", and just to keep checking their website.  So, watch their website and watch InterVac.

1636005303_snapshot_2021-06-10at2_13_10PM.jpg.d02a19658f1705dacd32a992e6ab9b1c.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, newnative said:

It may not be logical but that, I think, is the only way to actually make a booking.  Clicking on 'Change booking' brings up the calendar--which you need to make your booking.  That is how I made my booking yesterday.  I'm looking for the earliest appointment I can make and yesterday that meant going to Bangkok on the 25th and getting Sinovac.

Tomorrow might be a different story.  Tomorrow might bring loads of appointments available for earlier dates in June with AZ at Pattaya and Chonburi hospital choices.  It doesn't look like I can change my appointment at this point so I am likely stuck with Sinovac on the 25th in Bangkok.  Seems to be a crapshoot with the only option to keep trying and see what comes up later today, tomorrow, and the next few days.  Good luck!

Perhaps, but I believe that allotments of vaccine are by province and only for residents of that particular province. 

You might well slip through the cracks though so good luck and best wishes, but I think the only way you were able to get the appointment is becuase the InterVac site database is so screwed up right now that it did not take into account which province you reside in when you booked.

Once it is finally (if ever) fixed, you may get a nasty surprise...so I'd keep an eye on your InterVac account to be sure your appointment doesn't get cancelled.

Edited by WaveHunter

58 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes, I did.  BUT, not for a hospital in Chonburi.  I registered with Chonburi province and Pattaya address.  The 3 hospital choices were all in Bangkok.  I have an appointment for Sinovac at Phyathai 2 Hospital on the 24th.

Just so you know...Chonburi is the province that Pattaya is a part of, so a hospital in Pattaya is also in Chonburi (the province).

More important though, the rollout is by Province with recipients limited to residents of that province, so your appointment may actually be in jeopardy. 

I know that many have been able to get appointments in Bangkok, even though they reside in ChonBuri province but I think that's only because the InterVac database is so screwed up right now it is not taking into account the province you actually reside in.

Once they get the database fixed (if they ever do), a lot of those appointments may get cancelled.

Best wishes and good luck but I'd keep an eye on your Intervac account page in case your appointment does get cancelled.

Edited by WaveHunter

26 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

It is the hospital that holds my records.  I contacted them and they are being tight lipped, saying they have no idea "when", and just to keep checking their website.  So, watch their website and watch InterVac

BHP is the hospital that keep my records, too. With "website" they mean a Facebook page by the way. If you do not have Facebook (which I neither have not intend to get) you wont see anything. Their Website says you should look there. I contacted them earlier by email and received an answer with some sort of ID and they said they will contact me by mail if they are ready since I do not have Facebook.

Edited by moogradod

4 minutes ago, moogradod said:

BHP is the hospital that keep my records, too. With "website" they mean a Facebook page by the way. If you do not have Facebook (which I neither have not intend to get) you wont see anything. Their Website says you should look there. I contacted them earlier by email and received an answer with some sort of ID and they said they will contact me by mail if they are ready since I do not have Facebook.

Perhaps they will, but don't count on it.  My take on the situation is that they want nothing to do with registration or appointments and are going to rely on InterVac for all of that.  I could be wrong, but I've talked to my doctor at BHP and several administrators and they all are being pretty silent on the whole thing.

I really hate to say it but InterVac is probably going to be our best bet for securing appointments.

11 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I really hate to say it but InterVac is probably going to be our best bet for securing appointments.

Not being a native speaker of English I learnt at least a new word: "Shambles".

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Yes, the Web Site and Web Access menu is certainly improvable, and I'm sure some Web Programmers will work on it. 

• Confused 1

So basically the recognition is dawning

"if you are not in the provinces of BKK or Pattaya/Chonburi "at present this site is useless as T*Ts on a bull

Why cant they just amend site to say this on registration page it would save the site being inundated from the start

So when I went through this process at 9 AM on Monday on INTERVAC and got a page with the words Your Account at the top and the 1970 default date, and on the bottom it says "Wait for an email confirmation from [email protected]" with the word "Close", that did or did not mean anything? I assumed I was to wait for something from that email address, but I see all you guys going on and trying (and sometimes succeeding?) to get actual dates. 

So do I wait?

Or what is my next step? I'm in Bangkok. Thanks.

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Actually that information is on the InterVac homepage. Only five hospitals throughout the Kingdom have been listed so far, which seems strange to me, but I guess more will be added to the list as time goes by.

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (BHP) is the only hospital in Pattaya that has been designated.  When the listing changes from black to green (as shown below) it means that hospital is now an active vaccination location.

It is the hospital that holds my records.  I contacted them and they are being tight lipped, saying they have no idea "when", and just to keep checking their website.  So, watch their website and watch InterVac.

1636005303_snapshot_2021-06-10at2_13_10PM.jpg.d02a19658f1705dacd32a992e6ab9b1c.jpg

Thanks, I completely missed the green/black bit. I was so happy that I got in at all !