Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

18 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just got a FB message response from MoPH OIC.... who supposedly are their international relations/EN capable unit....

They replied exactly: "Now it under fix the problems."

Anyone care to translate that into English???

But at least it appears to mean, they KNOW it's KRAP!

I love reading ThaiGlish.  It provides an endless source of entertainment....and I agree with your translation BTW.

I posted an update on one of the other vaccine threads.  I was able to book an appointment about 3pm today on Intervac for June 24 at 3pm for Sinovac at Phyathai 2 Hospital.  This time with my account there was a red tab with 'change booking'.  Only 3 dates were available in June--23-25.  No dates showed up for July or August.  Only Sinovac available, no AZ left.  June 23 had no vaccines so I tried June 24. Two times were left.  I tried 2pm and it didn't work.  I then tried 3pm and it worked.  The tab 'Download Vaccination Appointment' still didn't work when I tried it.  The tab "Download Screening and Approval' did work so I'm not sure what the problem is with the first tab.

• Like 1

I filled everything in successfully 2 days ago. Then I check again today to try make an appointment and after I got in I'm informed my registration was incomplete. So I put all the details in again but it won't show any district of sub district, so I can't complete it. I thought I was already registered with them but it appears I am not. So frustrating. 

• Like 1

I see that it supposedly opened at 12.00, I wasn't aware that it closed at 15.00hrs, I tried earlier to register but like many there were 4 fields with no drop down menus, this really is a crock of sh!te.

I left it purposely for a couple of days as I thought it would be busy and maybe crash, God only knows what the Worlds Diplomatic Corp thought if they got greeted with this excuse for technology, Thailand 4.0 ha ha ha ha ???????????????????????? more like 0.004

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well not to cause anyone vexation, but I was able to book a firm appointment today for Sinovac during the JUN 23-25 window at one of the three Bangkok hospitals with a Xnnnnn 'service  queue'.

Edited by jerrymahoney
(Letter +5 digit number)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnB1945 said:

I tried to register yesterday, and the website said that I had registered and they would contact me.

Went on today, and it said that they were missing some data. OK, so I tried to edit the data. But my nationality and most of my address had disappeared. So I tried to update and all these things are drop down menus, and no menus appeared, so there is no way to complete my application (you can't type in the space)!

I tried to contact them on the inappropriately named "helpline" on 1422. No answer in 12 minutes of waiting (surprise surprise!). I tried on the Bangkok number 02 5903000. No answer on repeated calls. 

While it is difficult to distinguish between world-class incompetence and malice, I think that I am leaning towards the latter!

This was on top of trying to get a yellow book//pink card a few weeks ago and being told by Pak Chong Ampur that they wouldn't do it "because of Covid"! So I could not register on the Thai website!

I would happily pay for vaccination , but I understand that it will be October before vaccinations are available in Private Hospitals, and n any case Bangkok Hospital (where I go for any medical issues) has not been "given Permission" from the government to import any vaccine!

As a very high risk person for Covid (76 and overweight), can I say what a cruel and heartless approach - promise that you can register and then screw you up so that you can't register because none of the systems work.

Can anyone suggest how I might get vaccination, even the dreadful Sinovac is better than nothing.

Keep trying - I was able to register before the opening bell today (about 1130) after about 10 tries - it would not accept previous registration but with a new email got it two work (FYI website suggested use new email to register after one of my failures).  After opening bell it seems the issue of drop down menus not working caused havoc so suspect servers are not up to the task.   Hopefully there is vaccine but it being assigned as reservations are made as today only appeared to be 3 days open for reservations at major hospital.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnB1945 said:

I tried to register yesterday, and the website said that I had registered and they would contact me.

Went on today, and it said that they were missing some data. OK, so I tried to edit the data. But my nationality and most of my address had disappeared. So I tried to update and all these things are drop down menus, and no menus appeared, so there is no way to complete my application (you can't type in the space)!

I tried to contact them on the inappropriately named "helpline" on 1422. No answer in 12 minutes of waiting (surprise surprise!). I tried on the Bangkok number 02 5903000. No answer on repeated calls. 

While it is difficult to distinguish between world-class incompetence and malice, I think that I am leaning towards the latter!

This was on top of trying to get a yellow book//pink card a few weeks ago and being told by Pak Chong Ampur that they wouldn't do it "because of Covid"! So I could not register on the Thai website!

I would happily pay for vaccination , but I understand that it will be October before vaccinations are available in Private Hospitals, and n any case Bangkok Hospital (where I go for any medical issues) has not been "given Permission" from the government to import any vaccine!

As a very high risk person for Covid (76 and overweight), can I say what a cruel and heartless approach - promise that you can register and then screw you up so that you can't register because none of the systems work.

Can anyone suggest how I might get vaccination, even the dreadful Sinovac is better than nothing.

Keep trying - I was able to register before the opening bell today (about 1130) after about 10 tries - it would not accept previous registration but with a new email got it two work (FYI website suggested use new email to register after one of my failures).  After opening bell it seems the issue of drop down menus not working caused havoc so suspect servers are not up to the task.   Hopefully there is vaccine but it being assigned as reservations are made as today only appeared to be 3 days open for reservations at major hospital.

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well 2 of the 4 unworking fields now appear to be fixed, I managed to enter nationality & province but district and sub district remain elusive, that was of 15 minutes ago, I will try again tomorrow, shakes head in disbelief ????

I also meant to say that tech support is not 24 hours by the looks of it, Monday to Friday strictly 9 till 5, a bit like the government ????

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well 2 of the 4 unworking fields now appear to be fixed, I managed to enter nationality & province but district and sub district remain elusive, that was of 15 minutes ago, I will try again tomorrow, shakes head in disbelief ????

Same experience. Freakin' unbelievable. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, newnative said:

I posted an update on one of the other vaccine threads.  I was able to book an appointment about 3pm today on Intervac for June 24 at 3pm for Sinovac at Phyathai 2 Hospital.  This time with my account there was a red tab with 'change booking'.  Only 3 dates were available in June--23-25.  No dates showed up for July or August.  Only Sinovac available, no AZ left.  June 23 had no vaccines so I tried June 24. Two times were left.  I tried 2pm and it didn't work.  I then tried 3pm and it worked.  The tab 'Download Vaccination Appointment' still didn't work when I tried it.  The tab "Download Screening and Approval' did work so I'm not sure what the problem is with the first tab.

I must have gotten the 2 pm appt.

Mine went through and I got a bar coded registration certificate for the 24th.

Wait and see now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnB1945 said:

Just keep plugging away on the interVac site.  It was very poorly coded from the beginning (no surprise there). 

You're not the only one who entered all data correctly on Monday, and were given confirmations of registration, only to find today that InterVac had deleted or corrupted much of our data (they didn't admit that, but it's obvious that's what happened).

Even though they advised us to replace missing information, the drop down data fields didn't work so it was impossible to do.

They seem to be working on fixing it tonight.  Two of the four data fields (nationality and province) have been fixed, so they only have district and subdistrict fields left to fix and then we should be able to get our registrations submitted correctly.

Just try it again later tonight or tomorrow.  Oh, and BTW, if you are 60 and over, AZ is the vaccine you would be getting, not SinoVac.  I've heard that mentioned several times on the CCSA official daily briefings.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Just keep plugging away on the interVac site.  It was very poorly coded from the beginning (no surprise there). 

You're not the only one who entered all data correctly on Monday, and were given confirmations of registration, only to find today that InterVac had deleted or corrupted much of our data (they didn't admit that, but it's obvious that's what happened).

Even though they advised us to replace missing information, the drop down data fields didn't work so it was impossible to do.

They seem to be working on fixing it tonight.  Two of the four data fields (nationality and province) have been fixed, so they only have district and subdistrict fields left to fix and then we should be able to get our registrations submitted correctly.

Just try it again later tonight or tomorrow.  Oh, and BTW, if you are 60 and over, AZ is the vaccine you would be getting, not SinoVac.  I've heard that mentioned several times on the CCSA official daily briefings.

Someone please let us know when they fix those broken pull downs. No point stress testing their frail system with too many people constantly checking. 

Hope all this playing around getting simple registration data via computer organised to work isn't a precursor for their pie-in-the-sky upcoming space programme that was floated sometime back, can you just imagine the monumental screw-up that's likely to be. 

• Haha 1

I've tried again today and got some different options/screens but nothing working fully to book an appointment.

I don't say this with malice or anger but let's face it, it is an absolute clown show.

It is what it is...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, realfunster said:

an absolute clown show

I registered in my home country. 

One of the most advanced countries of the world. 

The registration site includes a user manual. 14 pages. 

Emails cannot be inserted by copy and paste.

Date of birth cannot be inserted manually.  Default for date of birth is today  (sic!). If you are born before today,  you can click your way backwards, one month per click. So that's 700 clicks. 

You have to bring lots of documents to get an injection. Documents that i had no idea existed. I don't know where to get these documents.  Nobody knows. 

3 days after my registration,  they stopped vaccinating anyway. 

They didn't tell me. I could read it in the newspaper. 

Now,  what's the better clown show?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hyna said:

I registered in my home country. 

One of the most advanced countries of the world. 

The registration site includes a user manual. 14 pages. 

Emails cannot be inserted by copy and paste.

Date of birth cannot be inserted manually.  Default for date of birth is today  (sic!). If you are born before today,  you can click your way backwards, one month per click. So that's 700 clicks. 

You have to bring lots of documents to get an injection. Documents that i had no idea existed. I don't know where to get these documents.  Nobody knows. 

3 days after my registration,  they stopped vaccinating anyway. 

They didn't tell me. I could read it in the newspaper. 

Now,  what's the better clown show?

I honestly don’t know. But my friends back in the UK haven’t mentioned any issues...all my family and friends back there have been vaccinated. I am not comparing timelines, as I know UK arranged earlier, but I haven’t heard any complaints from back home about the vaccination registration process. Partially, that is cultural, better in the west to speak openly and get the bad news in upfront to manage expectations, rather than Thai style of promising the world and not being held accountable when it goes wrong. Just look at the cancelled appointments this week.

Look, I am sure it will get sorted but it is very amateurish to rush out a website/system that is not ready. I have only tried yesterday and today and seen about 4 different stages/versions of the page. 

It reeks of panic & poor preparation (it’s been at least 9 months where we know for sure mass vaccinations are coming ?) and not of logical and measured planning. 

• Like 1

This should be a pretty straightforward website. Enter your data and choose a date/hospital/vax. No computation take place, no "if..then..." or anything more complicated than that to screw up UNLESS you really want to screw up by throwing in a bug ("glitch" in software-speak) here and there. So, let's see the forest for the tree: 

This intervac website is just another proverbial bone thrown to the dog to keep it occupied. In the face of vaccine shortage, they don't want hordes of decrepit old farangs wielding canes or stomping on wheelchairs outside the vax centers demanding equal protection! The more dysfunctional (more intentionally than not) the website,  a) the fewer number of appointments given out and  b )the more time said farangs spend in front of their laptop trying to jump through a new set of hoops...In that sense the website is "working" splendidly! 

On the PR front: "Hey, we're taking care of our beloved farangs, jabbing everybody (meaning farangs and locals alike) on same schedule - except for another bug popping up today on the farang site, so we're going to shut it down (and in the process shut up said farangs) for a few extra hours for maintenance." Each day folks at the CCSA must be looking forward to a good laugh from noon to 3pm just by monitoring how well ie badly their bug du jour is "performing -" it's their version of "Happy Hour." For extra mirth they might also check into this thread from time to time and knee-slap with relish any incoming nasty comments! Truth hurts, but here it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, watthong said:

This should be a pretty straightforward website. Enter your data and choose a date/hospital/vax. No computation take place, no "if..then..." or anything more complicated than that to screw up UNLESS you really want to screw up by throwing in a bug ("glitch" in software-speak) here and there. So, let's see the forest for the tree: 

This intervac website is just another proverbial bone thrown to the dog to keep it occupied. In the face of vaccine shortage, they don't want hordes of decrepit old farangs wielding canes or stomping on wheelchairs outside the vax centers demanding equal protection! The more dysfunctional (more intentionally than not) the website,  a) the fewer number of appointments given out and  b )the more time said farangs spend in front of their laptop trying to jump through a new set of hoops...In that sense the website is "working" splendidly! 

On the PR front: "Hey, we're taking care of our beloved farangs, jabbing everybody (meaning farangs and locals alike) on same schedule - except for another bug popping up today on the farang site, so we're going to shut it down (and in the process shut up said farangs) for a few extra hours for maintenance." Each day folks at the CCSA must be looking forward to a good laugh from noon to 3pm just by monitoring how well ie badly their bug du jour is "performing -" it's their version of "Happy Hour." For extra mirth they might also check into this thread from time to time and knee-slap with relish any incoming nasty comments! Truth hurts, but here it is.

I wouldn't go nearly that far but it has occurred to me that just collecting our names is a good way to relieve pressure and criticism, from resident expats, from embassies, from the international press. See, we're on it! But those of us with skin in the game, it's not real until we feel that sweet sweet vaccine juice jab. 

On 6/7/2021 at 9:11 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

Wait for it !!

CDEB4BC1-C488-44C8-A043-94FC0FDE5F3E.thumb.png.4b2166b5246c85e82a08b85fdca2ad02.png

There you go !

No access for Phuket or Chiang Mai expats - and Phuket about to open to millions of tourists (well maybe dozens).

20 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

For me I get get a choice of AZ or Sinovac and only 3 dates available for entire year ahead (that's how many vaccines they got or the web site is foobar?), at only one of three hospitals in Bangkok. If I choose a available times and book I get the second message. Suggests work in progress to me as it ain't working.

I just kept clicking around with the appointments calendar yesterday and for some reason eventually I got an QR coded appointment for Sinovac at Payathai2. No idea how it happened really as before I kept getting UNSUCCESSFUL messages when picking appointments. This was all in the 23-25 June window as no other dates to choose from.

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Someone please let us know when they fix those broken pull downs. No point stress testing their frail system with too many people constantly checking. 

They had the pull down menus fixed early this morning but apparently when you enter your information, it does not get saved properly since if you go back in to check, the fields are blank.  The site is now shut down as of 9:30am, and due to open again at Noon, so MAYBE they will have it fixed by then. 

• Thanks 1

Slightly left field......first up I feel the pain of all the expats posting on these forums recounting their frustration re obtaining appointments etc.

I have decided to wait till the private hospitals have supply. Granted that could be October or later.

One thing puzzles me with this system.

The Thaivisa forums have so many switched on posters. Very savvy with red tape etc. However there are so so many guys that I have met in bars and such that don't use social media. Heck some don't even do their own immigration stuff. They use agents. Some for financial reasons but many because they are not to good with what's required to make these bookings etc. 

I hope in the future they come up with the sort of walk in places for your jab. 

Think UK and USA did this. My friends in Oz just walked in off the street.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just got a FB message response from MoPH OIC.... who supposedly are their international relations/EN capable unit....

They replied exactly: "Now it under fix the problems."

Anyone care to translate that into English???

But at least it appears to mean, they KNOW it's KRAP!

Ever thought of learning the language of the country you have emigrated to? Saves lots of problems. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Heck some don't even do their own immigration stuff. They use agents. Some for financial reasons

Illegal foreigners do not deserve help from the Thai medical system. These illegals pay agents to bribe immigration officers to lie about their bank balances -  disgraceful. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Slightly left field......first up I feel the pain of all the expats posting on these forums recounting their frustration re obtaining appointments etc.

I have decided to wait till the private hospitals have supply. Granted that could be October or later.

One thing puzzles me with this system.

The Thaivisa forums have so many switched on posters. Very savvy with red tape etc. However there are so so many guys that I have met in bars and such that don't use social media. Heck some don't even do their own immigration stuff. They use agents. Some for financial reasons but many because they are not to good with what's required to make these bookings etc. 

I hope in the future they come up with the sort of walk in places for your jab. 

Think UK and USA did this. My friends in Oz just walked in off the street.

I'm also signed up through a private hospital (to receive a Moderna vaccine).  I think the best strategy is to be registered for both public and private rollout. 

If you manage to get the AZ  vaccination through public rollout then you are golden, but if you get the SinoVac, you may have adequate protection BUT you may be restricted in terms of international travel.

The Netherlands will not allow entry without quarantine if you have been vaccinated with SinoVac.  Many other EU countries are debating about having  the same restriction, and many countries outside of the EU may follow suit, becuase obviously, there's growing consensus that SInoVac may not be up to par with the Western vaccines.  I know that such views are politically charged, but it is what it is.

I know that many people simply look at vaccination as complete protection from infection but that's not the case; you can still become infected after vaccination so efficacy of the vaccine is a real important concern, and phase 3 trials of SinoVac, compared with Western vaccines tells a pretty compelling story IMO.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2