Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The Netherlands will not allow entry without quarantine if you have been vaccinated with SinoVac.  Many other EU countries are debating about having  the same restriction, and many countries outside of the EU may follow suit,

Seems rather a paranoid thing to do. 

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

It's not just about the efficacy of SinoVac vs Western vaccines, or how screwed up the public rollout may become, but it's also about international travel restrictions associated with SInoVac

Added note.

Some folk (few) have reported success in receiving first jab with date for second follow up. What's the attitude of other countries if first jab is say AZ and second is eg Sinovac.

I wonder if choice will be automatic option for the second jab.

Edited by DrJack54

37 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

They had the pull down menus fixed early this morning but apparently when you enter your information, it does not get saved properly since if you go back in to check, the fields are blank.  The site is now shut down as of 9:30am, and due to open again at Noon, so MAYBE they will have it fixed by then. 

I got the same as you.

There were only 3 hospitals listed

But calander blank out.

Now the front page has changed again, but list hospitals ( Bangkok Only)   see screen shots.

I'm in Chonburi so no good for me.

Wish others best of luck.

Screenshot_20210610-074541_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20210610-102539_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Added note.

Some folk (few) have reported success in receiving first jab with date for second follow up. What's the attitude of other countries if first jab is say AZ and second is eg Sinovac.

I wonder if choice will be automatic option for the second jab.

All the more reason to hedge your bets and also sign up for private vaccination of Moderna IMO.

Who really knows at this point how the public rollout is going to play out?  I mean, government negotiations to procure Pfizer and J&J vaccines are now in progress.  Who really knows when or if they will enter the supply chain?  The private hospitals though have made good progress at getting Moderna, so my money is on them.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm also signed up through a private hospital (to receive a Moderna vaccine).  I think the best strategy is to be registered for both public and private rollout. 

If you manage to get the AZ  vaccination through public rollout then you are golden, but if you get the SinoVac, you may have adequate protection BUT you may be restricted in terms of international travel.

The Netherlands will not allow entry without quarantine if you have been vaccinated with SinoVac.  Many other EU countries are debating about having  the same restriction, and many countries outside of the EU may follow suit, becuase obviously, there's growing consensus that SInoVac may not be up to par with the Western vaccines.  I know that such views are politically charged, but it is what it is.

I know that many people simply look at vaccination as complete protection from infection but that's not the case; you can still become infected after vaccination so efficacy of the vaccine is a real important concern, and phase 3 trials of SinoVac, compared with Western vaccines tells a pretty compelling story IMO.

Nine members of MLB's New York Yankees who are vaccinated have tested positive for Covid with "breakthrough" infections. 

There are people in western countries with the best vaccines still getting infected.  It is what happens from that point that matters.  Hospitalization and death efficacy are the most important factors.

• Like 2

I would prefer another choice.  But the Brazil study showed this for Sinovac:

A large phase 3 trial in Brazil showed that two doses, administered at an interval of 14 days, had an efficacy of 51% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection, 100% against severe COVID-19, and 100% against hospitalization starting 14 days after receiving the second dose.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Nine members of MLB's New York Yankees who are vaccinated have tested positive for Covid with "breakthrough" infections. 

That was a while ago, meanwhile, the overall infection rates in countries where the majority of the population is now vaccinated have dropped dramatically.  And while they might possible have gotten breakthrough infections (it's not certain), all of the approved vaccines will prevent serious illness and death.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The designated MoPH unit handling feedback / complaints from foreign nationals IS their English speaking unit, so that's the language they're intended to use... And I'm not sure how me speaking better Thai than I do is going to improve their EN gibberish response.

Sorry  it is off-topic, but I love the sound of ThaiGlish.  It always brings a smile to my face ????

Some of my favorites:

• Same same (similar, as usual)
  • He same you (He looks like you)
  • I love you too much (I love you very much)
  • You sahtoopid by yourself (you made mistake that was completely your fault)
  • You go monkey house (you will go to jail)
  • King burger (Burger King)
  • Kids go bad King Burger (kids were misbehaving at Burger King)
  • I li' you welly welly mutt (I like you very much)
  • My frien' you (You are my friend)
  • Him boxing you (He will punch you)
  • open/close the light (To turn on/off the light)
  • I send you to airport (I will take you to the airport)
  • I'm not pretty sure (I don't know)
  • I very like it (I really like it)
  • Are you spicy? (Does your food taste spicy?)
  • Are you boring? ­— Do you feel bored?
  • This is suck! (This sucks!)
  • Run me nut (drive me nuts)
  • Cup-a-hole (Cul-de-sac)
  • No Have (there is none, we are out of that)

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

• Same same (similar, as usual)
  • He same you (He looks like you)
  • I love you too much (I love you very much)
  • You sahtoopid by yourself (you made mistake that was completely your fault)
  • You go monkey house (you will go to jail)
  • King burger (Burger King)
  • Kids go bad King Burger (kids were misbehaving at Burger King)
  • I li' you welly welly mutt (I like you very much)
  • My frien' you (You are my friend)
  • Him boxing you (He will punch you)
  • open/close the light (To turn on/off the light)
  • I send you to airport (I will take you to the airport)
  • I'm not pretty sure (I don't know)
  • I very like it (I really like it)
  • Are you spicy? (Does your food taste spicy?)
  • Are you boring? ­— Do you feel bored?
  • This is suck! (This sucks!)
  • Run me nut (drive me nuts)
  • Cup-a-hole (Cul-de-sac)
  • No Have (there is none, we are out of that)

Funny but not really Tinglish, just poor English. Reminds me of when I used to hang out at prostitute bars in Nana plaza.  Actually, go to an expat bar in Khon Kaen and most of the farang speak like that.

Edited by Neeranam

2 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Well I just logged in at 12.10. For Astra I checked all 3 hospitals for 3 months & no dates showing (except Phayathai 24 & 25 June but no doses). Anybody anything different?

28 June at Phayathai came up for Astra & accepted a booking!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Well I just logged in at 12.10. For Astra I checked all 3 hospitals for 3 months & no dates showing (except Phayathai 24 & 25 June but no doses). Anybody anything different?

I was finally able to complete my registration process this morning, after they finally fixed the broken province and nationality pull down boxes...

And, following your lead, I was able to book an appointment for the AZ vaccine at the end of June at Phyathai II.... (You have to look closely at their calendar to see the few dates that are actually listed as available, and then sometimes even for those, if you choose them, you get an error message saying the vaccine isn't available).

I couldn't get the 28th just now for AZ at P2, but did get the 30th.

Screenshot_18b.jpg.e70ef3447726000739f48ce4855d799d.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Well InterVac is up and running now (12:20pm).  I managed to register fully and when I log back in it takes me to the Vaccine Booking information page with this curious note, "Date information not complete.  Please reload again"

Is this simply the usual ThaiGlish explanation that really means for me to wait for them to provide me with a date for vaccination, or is it indicating yet another system error ??

I am in Chon Buri so I'm assuming that dates are not being provided, but it would be nice to know if I will be notified, or whether my registration is still screwed up!

I sure wish they'd get an English speaking person to write this stuff so it was not so ambiguous all the time !@#$%

691792294_snapshot_2021-06-10at12_17_29PM.jpg.e17e9decd418d6cee861a4e71aba2ed9.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

13 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

At 1208 it wasn't working. 1217 I got in, re-entered my details and got a time on 28 June at Phayathai 2 for AZ.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

I just managed to get a booking for the End of June, AstraZeneca at Phyathai2. The difference between the available and non-available dates is not very clear on the calendar. They've also added a count of available vaccines on each day. If you click on a date, it shows the count of available vaccines under the calendar. There were a couple of hundred available on the day I chose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Changbeer4me said:

I got the same as you.

There were only 3 hospitals listed

But calander blank out.

Now the front page has changed again, but list hospitals ( Bangkok Only)   see screen shots.

I'm in Chonburi so no good for me.

Wish others best of luck.

Screenshot_20210610-074541_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20210610-102539_Chrome.jpg

I have tried 2 methods today. One using my PC, which still has the same problem as yesterday.....cannot select nationality, province, district, sub district. Two using my phone. Still says reload information, (so it's dropping information loaded), but also adds the "change booking" red box. Attempted to do that, and got as far as hospital, brand of vax, but then the dates are all greyed out, so cannot choose a date....up to the end of 2021.

12115232_THINTER1.thumb.jpg.18f8b1610cfe228637f7631ab7a509b3.jpg

2102306424_THINTER2.thumb.jpg.311ab18d8545e479f8ae5f97344e9262.jpg

4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well InterVac is up and running now (12:20pm).  I managed to register fully and when I log back in it takes me to the Vaccine Booking information age with this curious note, "Date information not complete.  Please reload again"

Is this simply the usual ThaiGlish explanation that really means for me to wait for them to provide me with a date for vaccination, or is it indicating an yet another system error ??

I sure wish they'd get an English speaking person to write this stuff !@#$%

691792294_snapshot_2021-06-10at12_17_29PM.jpg.e17e9decd418d6cee861a4e71aba2ed9.jpg

I think that just means you don't have a scheduled appointment yet. Click the red button, and it should take you to the booking calendar...

GO FOR IT FOLKS... GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!  ????

Plus, if people are gonna start dropping like flies, the next couple weeks oughta provide adequate time to see anything like that occurring.... ????

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Just now, jacko45k said:

Anybody or nobody, it is all the same.

I noticed since yesterday, they took down/removed their Gmail contact address from the home page screen... Guess they weren't too excited to be receiving complaining emails from lots of foreigners about their non-working system (as it was up thru yesterday).

• Like 1

Well yesterday I tried to register.  There was no drop down menu to select Nationality, Province, District, or Sub District.  Today, those were available.  I made it all the way to choice of hospitals in Pattaya area.  There were three.  There were two vaccines available.  Sinovac and Astra Zeneca.  I tried all three hospitals and selected both Sinovac and Astra Zeneca.  Well I went out as far as 2023 and it showed no available dates to book.  I imagine another glitch in the system. 

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was finally able to complete my registration process this morning, after they finally fixed the broken province and nationality pull down boxes...

And, following your lead, I was able to book an appointment for the AZ vaccine at the end of June at Phyathai II.... (You have to look closely at their calendar to see the few dates that are actually listed as available, and then sometimes even for those, if you choose them, you get an error message saying the vaccine isn't available).

I couldn't get the 28th just now for AZ at P2, but did get the 30th.

Screenshot_18b.jpg.e70ef3447726000739f48ce4855d799d.jpg

Same as for me just now.