Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

As mentioned above...

--you have to look closely at their calendar to distinguish the difference between the few dates that are available...and the many/most that are not...

--if you pick an available date and then get the red "no vaccine available" message, back out, and try to re-select again from scratch, using the same or different date....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, samtam said:

I have tried 2 methods today. One using my PC, which still has the same problem as yesterday.....cannot select nationality, province, district, sub district. Two using my phone. Still says reload information, (so it's dropping information loaded), but also adds the "change booking" red box. Attempted to do that, and got as far as hospital, brand of vax, but then the dates are all greyed out, so cannot choose a date....up to the end of 2021.

12115232_THINTER1.thumb.jpg.18f8b1610cfe228637f7631ab7a509b3.jpg

2102306424_THINTER2.thumb.jpg.311ab18d8545e479f8ae5f97344e9262.jpg

Really getting tired of this, both on phone an laptop it keeps dropping input details

However in frustration As above i clicked on book i got space at Payathai 25 june at 15.00 

Not successful no vaccines 

now whole calendar is greyed out and its saying my details need completing!!!!!!

lastly went into edit no following detail nationality  retirement (organization)province sub provinces missing again

Really had enough of this S***t show

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poohy said:

Really getting tired of this, both on phone an laptop it keeps dropping input details

However in frustration As above i clicked on book i got space at Payathai 25 june at 15.00 

Not successful no vaccines 

now whole calendar is greyed out and its saying my details need completing!!!!!!

lastly went into edit no following detail nationality  retirement (organization)province sub provinces missing again

Really had enough of this S***t show

Try this combination

Screen Shot 2564-06-10 at 06.40.24.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nothing except in Bangkok. 

From what the govt seems to say, BKK is a priority because of its high infection numbers, and apparently Pattaya (unlike Phuket and its "sandbox") is not...at least for now.

Although oddly, there seem to have been some reports here of folks living in other provinces being able to register on the Intervac system for vaccines at the couple of BKK hospitals... Dunno what will ultimately happen with those...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Registered yesterday, got appointment; Phyathai2, 24/06, AstraZeneca.

Logged in today to check, still have the appointment but also this; "The type of vaccine and vaccination sites are subject to change depending on the situation. However, providers of vaccination sites provide standardized services according to the Ministry of Public Health. You will be informed of any deferred issues before deciding to receive the vaccine."

So basically, nothing is really booked after all.  I'd wait until the private hospitals get it but there have now been cases in my condo block (Pattaya), so it's getting more urgent.

Okay, I have managed at long last to complete the registration process, so I continued on to the booking part, I'm in Pattaya, the 3 hospitals shown are all in Bangkok, no bloomin good to me, or am I missing something ? I came out of the site, will they email me ? Is that it, or do I have to ring the 3 or 4 local hospitals that have me registered  ? Does anyone know ??

1 minute ago, DefaultName said:

Logged in today to check, still have the appointment but also this; "The type of vaccine and vaccination sites are subject to change depending on the situation. However, providers of vaccination sites provide standardized services according to the Ministry of Public Health. You will be informed of any deferred issues before deciding to receive the vaccine."

So basically, nothing is really booked after all.  I'd wait until the private hospitals get it but there have now been cases in my condo block (Pattaya), so it's getting more urgent.

I saw that same boilerplate language this morning... I don't take it to mean anything particular or ominous... Though I recognize they could end up changing or canceling appointments based on various factors... Just hoping that won't happen for these end of June dates.

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

Okay, I have managed at long last to complete the registration process, so I continued on to the booking part, I'm in Pattaya, the 3 hospitals shown are all in Bangkok, no bloomin good to me, or am I missing something ? I came out of the site, will they email me ? Is that it, or do I have to ring the 3 or 4 local hospitals that have me registered  ? Does anyone know ??

Would you travel to BKK for a vaccine appointment, if you could get one?

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

Try................

Screen Shot 2564-06-10 at 06.40.24.jpg

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Would you travel to BKK for a vaccine appointment, if you could get one?

In a word no, I'm not being difficult John, I spoke to a friend here this morning, he is also in Pattaya, he registered on Monday, no hospital choices available he said, he just had a message saying they would email him, I was expecting the same.

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

In a word no, I'm not being difficult John, I spoke to a friend here this morning, he is also in Pattaya, he registered on Monday, no hospital choices available he said, he just had a message saying they would email him, I was expecting the same.

I just meant... it appears that their system at least on the front end is allowing people with addresses in other provinces to register for appointments at the several BKK hospitals.

I would think, they would want to avoid and prevent that as a matter of policy and priorities... But AFAICT, there's no block to that at present...for someone so inclined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

Tried to register on ThailandIntervac site yesterday and five required fields were inoperative. Tried again just now and four of them worked but the last one, sub-district, was again not working. Seriously frustrating, to put it mildly.

I could see values in the sub-district field, but they were incorrect, so I just chose any one. TBH, I don't think it is important that you enter you address correctly. As long as your passport and age are correct, you'll probably be okay. They're not going to check the addresses of tens or hundreds of thousands of people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

As said above - you have an appointment but it is subject to change, as is life.  It is to get you to check your appointment just prior to going to make sure it is still the same so you do not make a useless trip from my reading - the same notice was on site yesterday and a notice to check back just prior to make sure no change.  If you have the A queue number and information/processing page printed out you should be fine - just make sure time is the same before going and have your passport with you.

• Like 1

Same with me, I keep trying to put in my district and sub district but cannot. So I can't complete the damn registration.

Really, is this something that a competent IT tech can't sort out and put right in a couple of hours? 

16 minutes ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

Tried to register on ThailandIntervac site yesterday and five required fields were inoperative. Tried again just now and four of them worked but the last one, sub-district, was again not working. Seriously frustrating, to put it mildly. 

The whole damn site is in shambles.  You are not alone.  It's turning out to be about the worst excuse for a website I have even seen!  Even second rate online merchants are more successful at putting together a site targeting foreigners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Interesting... don't see any reschedule option either... Just the following choices once you've already booked an appointment:

Screenshot_19.jpg.2c80c24b1624c7ec781ff8c3edb6d274.jpg

Yep downloaded and printed.....tried to get back in to go with AZ, which wasn't an option for date I chose.......might be able to change on the day....or it will be changed for me if Sinovac is all used up?????

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Here’s the list of hospitals from the app GT .

No availability at the Chonburi hospital unfortunately.

AB2A2955-EB01-48D4-9535-98F2839E37A3.thumb.png.c14b4d4e46fd31f740fcf8f5de076ad3.png

Thanks Andrew, I suppose the best thing to do, rather than travel to BKK would be to ring the local hospitals in Pattaya and find out if & when they are going to start vaccinating expats, which from what I see and hear isn't going to be anytime soon. Maybe some kind soul will post on here when the hospital list has been update to cover other parts of the kingdom. ????

I was able to register.  Noticed a statement that only 150 doses each of Sinovac and Astrazenaca were available.  Attempted to book a time at all three hospitals but the booking dates were not available this year??????