Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

This is what I get, trying to go back into their website right now about 6:30 pm... Obviously, they're not any better at telling time than they are at running a vaccine registration program.

What's this, like the third or more different time today that they've taken their website offline...on its very first day in largely non-functional service?

Screenshot_4.jpg.64eb78d38baca8395d90ceea39e6a7cd.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

12 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

for farang? for all of the chemicals? Where does it clearly say that - or are you (like many others) just making an assumption?

The government has said in the past that they won't charge foreigners for the government program vaccines...

Less clear, though, is what will happen to folks who end up getting routed to private hospitals such as Phyathai II in the government vaccine program, and whether they're going to try to charge some kind of doctor or hospital usage fee separate from the vaccine itself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is what I get, trying to go back into their website right now about 6:30 pm... Obviously, they're not any better at telling time than they are at running a vaccine registration program.

What's this, like the third or more different time today that they've taken their website offline...on its very first day in largely non-functional service?

Screenshot_4.jpg.64eb78d38baca8395d90ceea39e6a7cd.jpg

That was up before 5 PM but then removed now back with same defective sign as probably nobody available to update the time on it.   Tried 4 times and never got any page to select hospital or vaccine - just the same 1970 and wait for email (which I suspect means system did not work and there will not be any email).  It appears they at least know it is not working - even if they have not been able to fix it.

• Thanks 1

Each morning leaders make announcements to only end up with a foot in their mouth. They don't seem to have any shame in making ridiculous statements over and over it seems they purposely double down.

I'm over 60's even before I have no plans in registering why get oneself work up over the Chinese vaccine that has no real supporting data seem to be approved based on political reasons instead of data. Reports are floating that testing of Sino given to vaccinated individuals six months ago are showing no immunity protection whatsoever.

Then you got these website that don't even work or updated, two years still trying to do 90 online consistently? now when it comes to technology they might turn to the Chinese on this one!????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

That was up before 5 PM but then removed now back with same defective sign as probably nobody available to update the time on it.   Tried 4 times and never got any page to select hospital or vaccine - just the same 1970 and wait for email (which I suspect means system did not work and there will not be any email).  It appears they at least know it is not working - even if they have not been able to fix it.

You really have to wonder, don't they ever TEST this kind of stuff before they throw it open to the public... I mean, it's pretty amazing the level of ignorance and incompetence on show to put this kind of product out to the public on day 1 of a pretty important undertaking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So everyone registering, or trying to, is over 60, and suffering from at least one of the seven "conditions"? 

What about folks over 60, but NOT suffering from these conditions?

Wait?

NO, it's over 60 OR suffering.  

7 minutes ago, worldview said:

Just one more example of the government's ineptitude in handling the vaccine rollout.  There was no 'mass vaccinations' today, because the word 'mass' would imply that you have a lot of vaccines with which to vaccinate.  I have clicked on the "Opens 5pm" link on the website at least 10 times in the past hour, and it is dead.  After all of these years in Thailand, I should not be dumb enough to think that it would work, should I??  ????

Its not 'ineptitude' ... imo , its planned !

Its planned in order to dominate headlines , it  placates because it   makes  it LOOK like somethings happening , makes it look like they care ,  announcing  the vax is coming , and you just have to register ( 555) causes  any concerted "anti"  movement to scatter in disarray HOPING , really hoping ,  that if they just do what is asked by the authorities ,   they will get what they desperately want. 

Its not coming today , nor the 9th , nor even by the end of the month.

The General  already said he didint intend to do anything for the falang .

He told us to go home and get vaxed , like there was no "Stay home , Stay Safe "  health messages , and no restricted travel !

I saw where he said that he didnt even ORDER vax for Falang ( nor enough for Thai ..)

( Did anyone see where he retracted that ?) 

But he did say   later that ALL Thai would receive a vax.... not just 70% , which means we will wait longer.

Hes saying that now. 

And now , weeks later , theres places in Thailand where the vax is more desperately needed ...

Why  then do we falang think He will direct vax toward us all of a sudden ?

Because some lesser mortals were told to tell us he would ?

Yes , ok , 

But we HAD to register first ...

Hows that going then ?

Sure , a  few  foreign plebs with work permits/pink books  will  get a vax  , and they will say , "Well WE got one " , and that  will be enough  to have us all  scrambling back to our laptops and hospitals ( that we really should be avoiding )  in the mistaken belief that  we are next.

We arent 'next'.

We arent even 'after next'.

The longer we are made wait , the more many will also be willing to pay.

We are LAST. 

It was  always stupid to think anything else ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So everyone registering, or trying to, is over 60, and suffering from at least one of the seven "conditions"? 

Wait?

It is those over 60

or those of any age with conditions

(at least I hope so)

53 minutes ago, watthong said:

I posted my "successful" ie with date and time appointment booking on line a few posts further back, this was done after 5 pm today, ie less than an hour ago. Yes, calendar was all greyed out at Medpark and AstraZeneca had been fully "booked" so what remained available was Sinovac and Phyathai2 (I did not try Vimut.) To further elaborate all this was done on Firefox browser. I had started around 3pm ("opening time") was loggin/out a number of times but the site allowed me to pick up where I left off each time.

In short, if you want a date (not greyed out) I think at this point (possibly) the available combo is Sinovac @ Phyathai2.

i spent quite some time searching the Medpark site until i found a Thai language (only) registration page stating (in Thai obviously) "full, we will inform you when... apologies etc.". There was no data entry possible at all and that was today over a period between 3-5pm. Likewise Vimut, re-checked this afternoon where a note still says "registration closed", as it did for days and weeks.

May i ask where exactly you registered? If you couldd post a link would be greatly appreciated. And are you under 60 and without any of the chronic conditions (as I am, and as stated in my original post)?

Many thanks and congrats, hope the date works out well for you. 

20 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Wait?

When I registered earlier today, I wasn't asked online if I had any pre-existing conditions. The only info regarding that the website asked for was my date of birth....

Though on the opening entry screen of the website, it does say registration is only available to folks over 60 (and presumably OR) those with the listed pre-existing conditions. But there was no place as part of the registration process I encountered where I had to fill in any information about whatever pre-existing conditions I may have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

May i ask where exactly you registered? If you couldd post a link would be greatly appreciated. And are you under 60 and without any of the chronic conditions (as I am, and as stated in my original post)?

As I stated in my post that you quoted, I had posted earlier on details of my registration on this very same thread, if you could go back...but anyway it was done on the now "1970"-infamous Intervac website. 60+ and NON suffering, btw someone else had mentioned if you jiggled the dates a bit you might get AZ instead of Sino, I did that to no avail, albeit a bit later in the day (after 5pm.) I think if you keep trying you might still be able to get the Sinovac@Phyathai2 combo...

One thing might help is that their pages are slow to load as snails, so after clicking on something, go have a cup of tea and that might impress the internet god to transmit your data more smoothly;=)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I saw Westerners at Med Park today.... I’m assuming they received their vaccine (or were just their with their wife).

I received my vaccine today, before my wife and before my In Laws and before many of my Thai friends.

Despite a series of U-Turns and some seemingly xenophobic announcements (Thai first etc) there was no racist/nationalist discrimination on show today based on my first hand experience (registered with the Mor Promt app last month with Pink ID).

Congrats, good to hear you did receive your vax today. Presumably you are not under 60 and without any of the chronic conditions (as i am, and as stated in my original post)? 

I did not register via the Mor Prom App as it was for over 60 only before it was stopped and i believed in an ordered program, where higher priorities rightfully (should) come first. I hope you had reasons to be vaccinated earlier than e.g. your inlaws, but it could equally have slipped through and be due to gaps (incompetence) in the program here. Not blaming you either way. On the other hand, I am not that far away from 60 either and now there seems none of the promised registration options available.  

Of course there will be no racists/nationalist discrimination on display in the hospital, they are professionals earning revenue and have learned to hide whatever they think behind a lovely smile. i don't think for a second the (majority of the) many genuinely nice people in Thailand have such thoughts or behaviour. In my previous post i stated this behaviour is on regular display from the "unaccountable authorities".

It is no different from many western countries where "leaders" love to blame foreign minorities to distract from their own shortcomings and failures, be it the immigrants coming over the Mexican border or other examples in the EU etc. Straight from the populist playbook. It is disgusting there and here and shame on Thai officials for playing from the same playbook. I am shocked to see in what way this country is developing, not what i was hoping for when i came here some 15 years ago. Anyhow, hope the vax for you and family work out well. Stay safe and well. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It is those over 60

or those of any age with conditions

(at least I hope so)

That's how I read it. I would give them  few days to sort out their website. It could well be getting overloaded and and probably has bugs that need ironing out. Today they reported over 140K jabs over a space of two hours, from 10am-noon. They should manage close to 500K a day soon - until the vaccine runs out:)

6 minutes ago, watthong said:

As I stated in my post that you quoted, I had posted earlier on details of my registration on this very same thread, if you could go back...but anyway it was done on the now "1970"-infamous Intervac website. 60+ and NON suffering, btw someone else had mentioned if you jiggled the dates a bit you might get AZ instead of Sino, I did that to no avail, albeit a bit later in the day (after 5pm.) I think if you keep trying you might still be able to get the Sinovac@Phyathai2 combo...

One thing might help is that their pages are slow to load as snails, so after clicking on something, go have a cup of tea and that might impress the internet god to transmit your data more smoothly;=)

I did search for your earlier post before i responded. I found 1 post that contained no info at all where the registration happened. Sorry if i did not see another post that did contain that info. But thanks for stating it now - since it is the intervac website that is open for registration for 60+ and i am under 60 your post seems irrelevant? But thank you anyhow and sincerely so. We all have to go through so many forced U-turns on a daily basis that it is worth remembering we may be stressed and not able to look straight at all times. So thank you for your post and trying to help. Hope all goes to plan for your vax, stay safe and well.

Hope i find a way to register some way, as (just) under 60 and without chronic condition and as a foreign national not wishing to jump a queue i seem to fall into some gap in the systems here. 

• Like 1

Kudos for all the guys putting in the intellectual effort  and time to navigate their way through a non functioning web site to try and register.

but I’m with the few who say, as and when the Thai’s get their act together with a decent registration system and, more importantly, some vaccines to back up appointments, I’ll see about getting myself vaccinated. Until then, I’m going to waste approximately no more than a nano second wasting my time. ????

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Kudos for all the guys putting in the intellectual effort  and time to navigate their way through a non functioning web site to try and register.

but I’m with the few who say, as and when the Thai’s get their act together with a decent registration system and, more importantly, some vaccines to back up appointments, I’ll see about getting myself vaccinated. Until then, I’m going to waste approximately no more than a nano second wasting my time. ????

That's an approach but I decided to make a phantom "registration" in case doing so earlier puts me earlier in the queue when things actually get real. Not saying it will but it seems that it might.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

But thanks for stating it now - since it is the intervac website that is open for registration for 60+ and i am under 60 your post seems irrelevant?

To clarify once more intervac opens for registration to 60 plus OR 60 minus WITH "suffering" conditions.  And worth repeating here is that if you choose Phyathai2 instead of the other two, the calendar will show some light-blue (ie available) dates...Regarding the choice of vaccines, if you jiggled the dates a bit you might have the choice, otherwise it would be Sinovac last time I checked (after 5pm today.)

Problem is to a lot of folks they might/did not even get to those selection pages but were given a 1970 appointment with no place to go!

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

That's an approach but I decided to make a phantom "registration" in case doing so earlier puts me earlier in the queue when things actually get real. Not saying it will but it seems that it might.

Oh don’t worry, I am on a list at a hospital in Udon. So if it comes up, it comes up.

the point I was making is that I’m not going to go through hoops to do anything more than I have done. No matter how much I am urged.

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Oh don’t worry, I am on a list at a hospital in Udon. So if it comes up, it comes up.

the point I was making is that I’m not going to go through hoops to do anything more than I have done. No matter how much I am urged.

Yeah I get your point.

In my case living in Pattaya there is a Pattaya hospital on intervac at least listed but showing no availability. 

I want my wife to get AZ or other vaccine accepted in Canada. Should I do why I did (“futile”  process for here in Pattaya), she’s 59 w/diabetes? Or let her get whatever vaccine is given to Thais when she is called forward. And hope for the best travel wise? Gad, this thread is me coming across as a wimp - sorry.

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What did you enter in when they asked you if you have med insurance in Thailand?

I have it, but chose to answer NO, and I got no appointment date or hospital assignment.

(Reason being... my policy has a signif. discount for not having had any claims for some years... And I didn't want the government or a private hospital to try to come along and charge my health insurance for the vaccine, and thus cost me a TON of money...)

I'd be very curious to know.. WHY they're asking vaccine registrants if they have health insurance in Thailand, and how (if at all) that affects what happens with the registration process....

I answered yes to the insurance question and I was booked for 1 Jan 1970, too.  I never got any hospital choices or dates to try to book on my application process.  Have not received any email confirmation.  My concern is with the 1 Jan 1970 booking in place it might be difficult to change the booking to a different date--this century.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

I want my wife to get AZ or other vaccine accepted in Canada. Should I do why I did (“futile”  process for here in Pattaya), she’s 59 w/diabetes? Or let her get whatever vaccine is given to Thais when she is called forward. And hope for the best travel wise? Gad, this thread is me coming across as a wimp - sorry.

The Sinovac has been awarded WHO approval for emergency use (like most of the other vaccines).

Thus, in all likelihood travel restrictions are unlikely. 

Any vaccine is better than none, thus, IF your wife is offered Sinovac the sensible option would be to take it. 

5 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

I cannot see that option. I just get the status after registering this afternoon :

Vaccine booking information

Date

01 Jan 1970

Place

-

Time

-

Status

Wait for an email confirmation from [email protected]

Same for me.  No hospital choices, no vaccine date choices, and no vaccine choices on my application.  1 Jan 1970 assigned to me, too. 

11 minutes ago, newnative said:

I answered yes to the insurance question and I was booked for 1 Jan 1970, too.  I never got any hospital choices or dates to try to book on my application process.  Have not received any email confirmation.  My concern is with the 1 Jan 1970 booking in place it might be difficult to change the booking to a different date--this century.

Don't despair... Even though I got an intervac appointment with time and place, nothing assures that it won't be cancelled the last minute a la Mor Prom. In the meantime I keep my eye on the horizon for the pay-to-play menu a la carte that the private hospital association is chomping at the bit to put on the table. Money talks. My hunch is that they would be the first ones to reach the finish line. Their list price is supposed to come out today...

• Like 2