Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

Looks like they fixed the error using the date from the builtin calendar start date (1970) and now have a much more useful 'RELOAD' option.

I registered but am not in ChonBuri or Bangkok so am expecting (555) the list of venues and available vaccines to change over time. A very long time.

22 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Perhaps the 1970 date gave away when this 'website' was designed. Lets be honest this is an insulting shambles, after the big wait we are presented with this laughable, disfunctional, non functioning disgrace. They clearly could not be fagged to budget for or organise a simple online registration website, something a corner shop can successfully accomplish elsewhere in the world.

I worked in a global data warehouse in Germany. And we had to fix bugs, too. And we would certainly not let the implementation of the bug fix leave to any corner shop. 

On 6/7/2021 at 5:33 PM, clivebaxter said:
On 6/7/2021 at 4:41 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

So hopeless that their system allowed you to register as it said it would, eh?

If it had I would have been given an appointment date and time, it did not. I doubt anyone will get an email with the the date and time.

You expected an appointment as soon as you registered?   Why would you expect that instant reaction?   It's clearly stated when you register that your appointment will be emailed to you, that you don't believe it is irrelevant to being able to register and just subjective speculation based on nothing.

2 hours ago, Harry2 said:

this is an insulting shambles, after the big wait we are presented with this laughable, disfunctional, non functioning disgrace.

That "laughable, disfunctional, non functioning disgrace" accepted my registration with no problems.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 5:33 PM, AJR3RD said:

WRONG. As I've outlined meticulously in my post, the ONLY thing than matters is the immigration office that last stamped your extension of stay. NOTHING else matters. NOTHING.

What are you talking about and why are you telling me about it?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 6:24 PM, Disparate Dan said:
On 6/7/2021 at 10:47 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The government program vaccines are supposed to be no charge.

for farang? for all of the chemicals? Where does it clearly say that - or are you (like many others) just making an assumption?

It's been stated categorically in the media many times, he's not assuming anything

• Sad 1

On 6/7/2021 at 6:47 PM, mtls2005 said:

So everyone registering, or trying to, is over 60, and suffering from at least one of the seven "conditions"? 

What about folks over 60, but NOT suffering from these conditions?

Wait?

Why do some people make it so difficult?

I registered based solely on age and reading what was there.   Having one of those conditions is not a prerequisite to register.   The website, clearly, says registration is (was) open to over-60s...comma, new paragraph...OR those with any of the listed conditions.    

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Nobody has had an email thus far, nobody will have, it's just the latest in a long line of failures.

And how many days has the registration site been running?  Not quite two days is the answer. 

What period of time would you say is reasonable for them to sort out, probably, thousands of registrations and allocate appointments to those thousands of applicants?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

ANOTHER TWIST in this Registration saga.

Yesterday I went through the registration process and got to the 'Make an Appointment' page.

Couldn't make an appointment for any of the 3 hospitals so went back to the beginning 3 times and then gave up.

So now the fun starts:

Went on the website today and the only option was 'register" (unlike yesterday when you could also recheck your details and appointment status).

So as I started the registration process again, the system flagged my email address (the one I used yesterday) as registered already, and so I couldn't get any further. Being sneaky I tried another email address and then it picked up my address details. So now I am basically locked out.

So there is definitely data in the system of my registration, but as I couldn't get any appointment time, then I have no idea what the <deleted> is going on. 

Of course this also locks me out when the other 2-3 hospitals come online for appointments.

If I come up with any bright ideas I'll post them. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And how many days has the registration site been running?  Not quite two days is the answer. 

What period of time would you say is reasonable for them to sort out, probably, thousands of registrations and allocate appointments to those thousands of applicants?

It's been running for at least two weeks for embassy staff and others so they have had enough time to get it working, but cannot. Looks understaffed and they obviously cannot handle the problems, it's broken and they cannot fix it.  Never mind there will be another plan launched in a day or two, 7/11 seems pretty efficient they should give them a go.

My Thai wife and I went along to our local government hospital 2 weeks ago, to register for our vaccine.

She's 54 and I'm 64.

I handed over my yellow book and pink card. We were both given appointments for 10th August. They didn't say which vaccine we would get but we did get an appointment slip with a QR code on it.

That was Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital, Saphan Mai, North Bangkok.

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Great photo on the Khaosod EN website today showing the goings on at Vimut Hospital on June 7 -- lots of empty chairs, and staff sitting around twiddling, with a big video screen appearing to show they were still dealing with embassy staff and who knows what regarding the ordinary foreign national folks.

And if you read their article, it certainly sounds like anyone who registered with Vimut Hospital's LINE app previously for a vaccination will find that process has apparently been abandoned!  Not surprisingly, without any actual answer or message from the hospital to all those who previously registered with them (such as myself!).

"American expat Brett Barrett said he managed to have his vaccination booked, but turned out it was cancelled when he checked in at the hospital.

“The staff told me my appointment was canceled,” Barrett said. “They don’t know why.”

“The policy keeps changing everyday,” Krittavith Lertutsahakul, CEO of Vimut Hospital."

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/06/08/foreigners-vaccine-registration-kicks-off-with-chaos-and-confusion/

Khaosod.jpg.8530ff2532fb64a2096b1ea0600f1e14.jpg

The vaccination program is clearly a Sh!tshow, but at least tell the complete story.... Brett Barrett also reports he was successfully vaccinated after showing them his Mor Promt booking (which he’d copied). 

I’d also copied mine (Mor Promt booking) just incase there was a digital screw up... but everything was fine. 

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why do some people make it so difficult?

I registered based solely on age and reading what was there.   Having one of those conditions is not a prerequisite to register.   The website, clearly, says registration is (was) open to over-60s...comma, new paragraph...OR those with any of the listed conditions.    

I read the qualifier with a pre-conceived notion that older people WITH severe conditions would go first. 

I could have sworn the earlier version there, and on other registration sites/apps, mentioned age AND severe conditions.

Hence I simply asked for others here for their opinion.

Not trying to be dificult at all.

Weird that this sort of thing tweaked you.

Edited by mtls2005

The website has now been redesigned and looks way more professional. It is now possible to log in. If you have registred before, you should check your details again, as they have deleted most of it. We will still have to wait until 12:00 noon, to see if it is now possible to make an appointment .

Hi, All.  Just checked my Intervac account this morning and got something new.  When I clicked on 'Update your booking'.  I got a new screen with 5 different tabs.  The first was 'Download vaccination appointment'.  I did this but the document would not open, no matter what I used to try to open it.  I don't know if that is an error on my side or the website's.  I tried all the choices my laptop gives to open a document and none worked.  Usually not a problem with documents.  Anyway, I will post a rather bad screen shot that shows the new screen.  Sorry for the picture quality.  Perhaps others can try and see if they get this new screen and can make it work.  Have a good day.

P_20210609_083838.jpg

21 minutes ago, newnative said:

Hi, All.  Just checked my Intervac account this morning and got something new.  When I clicked on 'Update your booking'.  I got a new screen with 5 different tabs.  The first was 'Download vaccination appointment'.  I did this but the document would not open, no matter what I used to try to open it.  I don't know if that is an error on my side or the website's.  I tried all the choices my laptop gives to open a document and none worked.  Usually not a problem with documents.  Anyway, I will post a rather bad screen shot that shows the new screen.  Sorry for the picture quality.  Perhaps others can try and see if they get this new screen and can make it work.  Have a good day.

P_20210609_083838.jpg

The website still says that it opens at 12:00 noon, so please try again between 12:00 and 15:00. The options in your photo will not be relevant, before you have made your appointment.

Just a little friendly hint.  In Windows 10 press the following keys: Windows + Shift + s at the same time and you get to print the screen.

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Screenshot_10.jpg.9a82f659ccc5f4cc3644afd23b6d7648.jpg

Just the same as yesterday... no option to pick any vaccine, date or hospital location. NOTHING!

If anyone actually receives an email from oicddchotline let us know! I am predicting something in the inbox in several months time perhaps?

• Like 2