Expats over 60 urged to register for vaccine on Thai govt site

webfact

37 minutes ago, watthong said:

To clarify once more intervac opens for registration to 60 plus OR 60 minus WITH "suffering" conditions.  And worth repeating here is that if you choose Phyathai2 instead of the other two, the calendar will show some light-blue (ie available) dates...Regarding the choice of vaccines, if you jiggled the dates a bit you might have the choice, otherwise it would be Sinovac last time I checked (after 5pm today.)

Problem is to a lot of folks they might/did not even get to those selection pages but were given a 1970 appointment with no place to go!

Thank you for the info re Phyathai2, it might help someone. But to repeat what i wrote in my original post "i am under 60 and do not have any of the chronic conditions". Not wishing to jump a queue and making it possibly a longer wait for higher priorities i did not try the route via the intervac site. Apparently intervac will be opened for others at a later date, that then might be 2049 or thereabouts. Hope it all works out well for you and others here. 

Edited by fcbkk
duplicated quote removed

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah I get your point.

In my case living in Pattaya there is a Pattaya hospital on intervac at least listed but showing no availability. 

Haha, well I split my time between Phuket and Udon. Phuket is a definite no. They will only vaccinate Thai and working farang. Udon is fine, they prioritize over 60’s, but they have no vaccine.

so be it. It’s for the Thai government to sort out, not me. I’m unlikely to catch Covid anyway given my life style.

45 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Oh don’t worry, I am on a list at a hospital in Udon. So if it comes up, it comes up.

the point I was making is that I’m not going to go through hoops to do anything more than I have done. No matter how much I am urged.

Likewise; I have a routine appointment at the diabetic clinic at my local hospital at the end of the month, I shall wait and see what they do. They are very good, and if allowed am sure that they will decide on clinical grounds. I was turned away because I was a foreigner today from the walk in registration/vaccination centre in Chiang Rai. The (rather embarrassed) nurse who did so was doing the bidding of a creature who was mincing around in a zip up jacket with some logo on the left tit (Ministry of Health?), generally doing "look at me, I am in charge" but obviously lacking the guts to tell me himself!

I shall bide my time whilst these comic opera characters continue to make fools of themselves.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fcbkk said:

appreciate you just copied this from somewhere, but MedPark and Vimut are NOT available online, they do state full/have closed their online registrations. Haven't looked at Phyathai 2 but i guess it will be more of the same. 

Has someone under 60 without any of the chronic conditions successfully registered in Bangkok? If so how and where? Do these places accept registrations in person on location as in it may actually be worth the risk of travelling there?

Does it make any difference that I am covered under Thai social security, do have a pink ID card and paid income taxes when employed (not that it should matter).

Does anyone have relevant info?

Under 60, no chronic conditions.  

Thank you

26 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

Thank you for the info re Phyathai2, it might help someone. But to repeat what i wrote in my original post "i am under 60 and do not have any of the chronic conditions". Not wishing to jump a queue and making it possibly a longer wait for higher priorities i did not try the route via the intervac site. Apparently intervac will be opened for others at a later date, that then might be 2049 or thereabouts. Hope it all works out well for you and others here. 

What maybe irrelevant to you isn't so to others. The purpose for a forum like this is to contribute useful info to all, not just to one individual. The reason I quoted you originally was the bit of info regarding Medpark according to you they themselves have closed off registration on their site, and I wanted to point that out to folks whom, like me, at first chose Medpark which nevertheless has been listed by intervac as a vaccination site. Your info helped explained why the calendar was completely greyed out when Medpark was selected. I did not really have any info of use to folks like you who I agree are left through the cracks at the moment. My registration details that I offered initially was in response to people who asked those who succeeded registration on intervac to give out, that's why there was no mention of the site since it was in the original question. So if that's irrelevant to you, again I agree.

1 minute ago, Thalueng said:

Registered for vaccination 2 weeks ago, got a date to get vaccined, no problems so far. Process was well organised, well managed, without any hassle. Don't know what you guys are talking about.

We're talking about registering on the Thailand intervac website which was opened up to age 60 and over and high risk foreigners today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, watthong said:

What maybe irrelevant to you isn't so to others.

My response to you started with "Thank you for the info re Phyathai2, it might help someone." And i previously thanked you sincerely for your post and help. I meant it. So kindly let go and enjoy your eve. Cheers. 

There is justified confusion and conflated confusion aplenty in this story, of course.

Here is a true story. Two foreigner acquaintances of mine were registered for a covid-19 vaccine and were given appointments for today, 7th June. Photographic evidence received shows that one of them had the jab today. Not sure about the other chap, yet. No idea which brand of vaccine yet, either. North East Thailand and both are men over 60 years.

10 hours ago, anchadian said:

Embassy staff in Bangkok have asked me to clarify that they are *NOT* involved with the Thai government rollout of the vaccination.

If you are into S&M and haven't been humiliated recently, than by all means, stop by your local Western embassy and inquire about their vaccine program for their citizens overseas.  Tell them, "The Chinese embassy sent me and told me you'd help!"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, connda said:

If you are into S&M and haven't been humiliated recently, than by all means, stop by your local Western embassy and inquire about their vaccine program for their citizens overseas.  Tell them, "The Chinese embassy sent me and told me you'd help!"

I assume that they're beyond shaming.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

The school registered all staff for vaccination... but the local hospital said that I have to wait until August-September... after all Thai in the district that wants the jab have been vaccinated first!

Thai-brand racism at its finest.  Bravo Thailand!  Bravo!!!

In the meanwhile, all of your citizens in the United States have all be vaccinated for free.  You are a shining example to humankind Thailand.  Bravo!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

Thai-brand racism at its finest.  Bravo Thailand!  Bravo!!!

In the meanwhile, all of your citizens in the United States have all be vaccinated for free.  You are a shining example to humankind Thailand.  Bravo!

What's funny not ha ha is that it's obvious that Thais don't register that kind of horrendous behavior as being wrong. It's baked in. 

Thailandintervac.com is no longer showing come back after 5pm, now the site has been taken offline for maintenance.  Hopefully back up by morning and I'll give it another try to see if I can get past the 1970 date problem.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 21.58.29.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What's funny not ha ha is that it's obvious that Thais don't register that kind of horrendous behavior as being wrong. It's baked in. 

Mentioned all this in a few posts with Thai friends and sometimes there is just silence. But there is also hope, as some other Thai friends told me they are equally disgusted; so some do notice. Thai powers can continue to delay change, e.g. in better education, but they cannot stop it forever, change is inevitable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thalueng said:

Registered for vaccination 2 weeks ago, got a date to get vaccined, no problems so far. Process was well organised, well managed, without any hassle. Don't know what you guys are talking about.

... and those of us who have been given appointments for 1970? No problem for a smart alec like you I suppose.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Reports are coming in of people who made appointments on Mor Prom being successfully vaccinated -- Bangkok, Pattaya and Surin so far

see https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1218852-vaccination-experiences-please-post-here/

So all those with Mor Prom appointments - ignore the naysayers and show up as scheduled!

Don't know how you can describe all those given an appointment for 1970 as naysayers. Cheezus, some people.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Don't know how you can describe all those given an appointment for 1970 as naysayers. Cheezus, some people.

Cheezus some people, indeed.....   Sheryl was referring to those who’d made appointments via the Mor Promt App (or Mor Promt LINE)....   people with ‘dated’ appointment are attempting to book via a deferent means (webpage).... 

Before throwing mud, know your subject. 

• Like 2

It's got to be the same bloke who set up this Vaccine registration site who set up the 90 day on line reporting one. 

I wasted my time and went through the whole process trying to register got as far as this ( see attached) then I got the "Brickwall Treatment" were I could not go any further. 

Screenshot_20210607-143053_Outlook.jpg

2 hours ago, RayC said:

To anyone feeling angry and/or frustrated with the process for getting a vaccine jab, might I suggest the following: Change your attitude towards the vaccine(s).

This morning I was very much 'pro-jab', however having tried and failed to secure an appointment, I decided to become 'anti-vac': I am now totally calm and blissfully content, as I know that there isn't a cat's chance in hell of me receiving a jab anytime soon.

Read this! 

Understand it !

There were NO  mass vax's today , despite all the hoo haa !

Predictably , even puting your name down for a vax was a failure ..

Accept it and go back to laying on "their" beach , playing sport with other expats , relaxing and doing what you enjoy...

Im not anti-vac , but its futile and sad to think  of yourself as deluded enough to believe they have any interest  at all in your well being , and  , after all  , the sooner you contract it , the sooner $100k US  in Insurance flows into Thailand  ...

Vax enough for us MAY be here in October .

Stop being sucked in to their games ...

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Read this! 

Understand it !

Accept it and go back to laying on "their" beach , playing sport with other expats , relaxing and doing what you enjoy...

Im not anti-vac , but its futile and sad to think  of yourself as deluded enough to believe they have any interest  at all in your well being , and  , after all  , the sooner you contract it , the sooner $100k US  in Insurance flows into Thailand  ...

I was vaccinated today (in Bangkok) and saw other Westerners present at the hospital (vaccination area).

There was a steady stream of people turning up for their vaccination.

There were a number of hospitals to choose from when registering for an appointment a month ago. 

So... Putting your name down for a vax was not a failure for everyone. 

You will never get a vaccine if you don’t register.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was vaccinated today (in Bangkok) and saw other Westerners present at the hospital (vaccination area).

There was a steady stream of people turning up for their vaccination.

There were a number of hospitals to choose from when registering for an appointment a month ago. 

So... Putting your name down for a vax was not a failure for everyone. 

You will never get a vaccine if you don’t register.

1 hour ago, zaZa9 said:

Read this! 

Understand it !

What does it feel like to be so totally completely wrong @zaZa9

?

Edited by shdmn

Getting a page with a 1970 appointment year means that you have no valid appointment date for any email reply to confirm.  In other words, your registration for a jab wasn't completed.  I don't know what to do in this case.  If there is no answer tomorrow, I will go to the hospital on Wednesday to try to register.

Since Thailand is a racist country, it's not surprising that Thai people are not particularly disturbed about the discrimination regarding vaccinations.  It's no skin off their back.  It is interesting that no media source mentions this discrimination.  I guess that it's not newsworthy.  I think that there will be a backlash from prospective tourists.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1