Vaccine choice: Price of Moderna set by Thai Private Hospitals' Association

webfact

11 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Second jab of AZ only 3 weeks after the first?

the manufacturer recommends 8 weeks, Anutin is pushing it to 16 weeks.

you might want to check the date on that second jab ????

Yes, Thanks. I did that and my next shot is scheduled for 27 Sep, not 27 Jun -- 3 months.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, shdmn said:

If it was me I would register everywhere free or paid and get whatever vaccine I can as soon as I can.  They all provide protection.  You can always get another shot of a more preferable vaccine down the road when they are more widely available.  The prices for the pay options will probably go down as availability goes up so it would be better to wait awhile for those anyways.

So which is it ? register for five (or more) now OR wait ? The price will surely come down over time as supply and demand fall into better balance (and ultimately there is too much supply). The longer the registration lists get, the more the hospital assesses demand to be high and prices accordingly. If you feel you must register at all do it ONCE only.

10 hours ago, johnnytuc said:

What a load of <deleted> I assume you are living in Thailand, and maybe a hypocritical leftie happy to be ruled by a military government presiding over rigged election where 1% of the population own 63% of the wealth. Ahhh but then you may be one of the few instead of the many.

Never assume anything old bean ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, placeholder said:

And while the CEO of Pfizer says it may require yearly boosters, the Chinese Govt and others who have used Sinovac and Sinopharm say they require boosters  6 months after vaccination.

This is because China always choose the most effective methods to fight COVID. This saves so many lives. While America always try to soften requirements and restrictions. This is where "may" come from. For example, we see so called "lockdowns" (relaxed quarantines) in America instead of true quarantines that are used in China. The difference is the word may. "May require to stay at home" instead of true Chinese "stay at home!"

16 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, the chinese govt and others disagree with you. They're recommending a booster after 6 months for the Chinese vaccines.

If the Indian or South African variants start spreading, it would make sense to have a booster of another vaccine a few weeks after the Chinese vaccinations.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ukrules said:

Not really, it's just four months away. Nothing really.

Gives plenty of time to catch COVID and die.  I'm hoping I can survive for another 29 days and get my free one! 555

3,800 baht - that's "free" in government terms?  PLUS bLOOD PRESSURE TEST B4 AND AFTER 400 bhat  and Drs look at u 2 c if u are still alive 800 bhat  sitting in a chair for 15 mins recovery 100 bhat follow up form 150 bhat   office registration fee 120 bhat

Edited by whiteman
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, nchuckle said:

A developing country,one of the major constituents in ASEAN,but languishing right near the bottom of vaccine administration amongst the lowest of third world countries . Check worldometer to educate yourself. 
It has prevented the spread by effectively cutting itself off and destroying its tourist trade. The complacency that set in caused the lack of urgency to source vaccines- now only happening (too little too late) in a chaotic manner 

I guess you don't count all the countries in Africa ???? 

What a load of codswallop, and hidden Thai bashing.

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I guess you don't count all the countries in Africa ???? 

What a load of codswallop, and hidden Thai bashing.

No Thai Bashing in his post at all, just hard factual truths.  Tell me it is not truthful.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

No Thai Bashing in his post at all, just hard factual truths.  Tell me it is not truthful.

Ok, 1 untruth -  Thailand is not languishing at the bottom of third world countries. That term 'third world countries' isn't even used any more. Thailand is even ahead of Japan, of the richest 1st world countries!

Second, there is no chaotic vaccine distribution. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wont work here in Bangkok.  The private hospitals have no vaccines to register for and the ones on the list where you try and register are not taking walk-ins.  I walked into the Medpark hospital here on Rama 4 yesterday afternoon around 4pm, and was told "You have to register on-line"

Why didn't you register online, you read every single thread here on this vaccine topic, you have no excuse for not knowing.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Ok, 1 untruth -  Thailand is not languishing at the bottom of third world countries. That term 'third world countries' isn't even used any more. Thailand is even ahead of Japan, of the richest 1st world countries!

Second, there is no chaotic vaccine distribution. 

So the cancelations, the inability to use the newest program to register, the PM aplogizing for the Hospitals postponement and then Anutin saying that the Hospital will not postpone the vaccinations, even though they do not have enough vaccines is not Chaotic.  Really.  Just because the term 3rd world country might seem to be outdated and developing country is being used does not mean the term can not be used.  Sure looks to me like they are near the bottom of the Asian countries

image.png.5acfd7d24f608ef498ae6f7d297183d1.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So the cancelations, the inability to use the newest program to register, the PM aplogizing for the Hospitals postponement and then Anutin saying that the Hospital will not postpone the vaccinations, even though they do not have enough vaccines is not Chaotic.  Really.  Just because the term 3rd world country might seem to be outdated and developing country is being used does not mean the term can not be used.  Sure looks to me like they are near the bottom of the Asian countries

image.png.5acfd7d24f608ef498ae6f7d297183d1.png

The poster quoted was talking about third world countries, not Asean ones. 

image.png.3e7d1a1285524f7355ad18231e3bae27.png

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why didn't you register online, you read every single thread here on this vaccine topic, you have no excuse for not knowing.

Registered on all the apps provided and been canceled, and now the ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand program app is not functioning properly and for three solid days since it went active it is a piece of junk and inoperable.  Look at the posts relating to it as well.

3 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

smart **se.......what do you think i mean ?????!!!!!

That's why I asked the question. You ask a question usually to obtain the answer. I have no idea what you mean. Sounded like you were attempting a joke  to me so that is what I took it as.

Edited by Excel
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

That's why I asked the question. You ask a question usually to obtain the answer. I have no idea what you mean. Sounded like you were attempting a joke  to me so that is what I took it as.

sorry i am wrong I pressed AV should not have pressed the V........so my post should read AZ, hope this stops the confusion. My keyboard is really knackered.....can noy read the letters !!!!!!

• Like 2

According to regulations established in 2019, prices set by private hospitals for medical services, medicines, etc. must receive government review and approval. These regulations were implemented in response to public complaints of price gouging by private hospitals.

Is the government enforcing these regulations with regard to covid 19 vaccinations? It doesn't appear so.

Furthermore, beyond the regulations I find no public dusclosed pricing breakdown per dose of any vovid 19 vaccine. As vaccines are initially government purchased for distribution to private hospitals, are imported vaccine doses coming in duty-free and VAT free? Considering the value to the nation to vaccinate the nation for the sake of public health and the economy, such charges would harm the nation., therefore not be applied.

Where the government has paid vaccine producers advanced cost for R&D, such cost should be excluded from any government dose purchase price. Shouldn't the government review private hospital charges in the vaccine dose price structure to assure there is no inflation of such costs being charged? 

On 6/8/2021 at 2:53 AM, ftpjtm said:

So by the time a first dose of Moderna is available in Thailand, the rest of the world will be getting their 3rd dose boosters offering better protection against the strains of the virus now present in Thailand. 

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article250890694.html

Yes in some countries, for free!!

On 6/8/2021 at 7:57 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Considering the Pneumonia shot and booster a year later would cost you more than that, I believe the price is reasonable, that and if they do arrive in October which is only a few months away, might be one to consider, providing that they haven't put any chips in them ????

It should be free for all in order to unlock Thailand.

How many billions a day of tourism money is the country losing out on?