Fines of up to 20,000 baht now in place for not wearing a face mask

webfact

On 6/9/2021 at 7:59 AM, KannikaP said:

These are two completely different things. A rag around the gob will do then.

How do they know if it is your 1st, 2nd or 3rd offence?

They will check using there biometric interstellar database with those BMW beamers  ????

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:08 AM, bkk6060 said:

Some are so selfish they think it is a joke and don't want to follow the rules and believe they should not be required to wear a mask.

I like it.  Would like to see even higher fines.  

They should put undercover cops at the malls, Foodland and Makro make a fortune. 

How about the Gov. Hospital's? Patients standing and sitting shoulder to shoulder. Clearly the rules do not matter depending on where you are and the uneven application of the law makes it a mockery.

• Like 1

bloody ridiculous, as stated most masks let air in and out the top what do you think the virus has stop signs  talk about affecting the brain I think most must already have the virus their brains seem very clouded, just think of all the snotty masks in rubbish bins and brown bags laying around and in cars I guess the virus does not use them lol can see many more laws coming up and many more large fines and I think a new mask for the people who want to go swimming

On 6/9/2021 at 7:37 AM, ThailandRyan said:

So still can be fined while driving my own car with my family inside and not wearing a mask, even though we live under the same roof and the GF and I sleep in the same bed.....interesting times ahead.  Next we will be mandated to have the mask on while inside our own homes.  It is already a Juristic rule to wear them when we go outside the unit, are in the lifts and in the common areas.  Saw a resident swimming yesterday and was about to ask him where his mask was.....lol

There is one thing we will never know for sure, but back at the beginning of this Chinese virus, it was stated that you did not have to wear a mask when exercising, ie jogging or riding a pushbike.

But this being Thailand, all the authorities have their own interpretation of the rules.

Another thing, what if you have a cold and your nose is blocked up? The only way you can breath then

is through your mouth.

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Walk into an operating theatre where open heart surgery is being performed.....count how many are wearing surgical masks, and how many are not....

Similarly attend a Covid ward in a hospital....

Very clever. The people are wearing masks to prevent them selves being sprayed with blood etc. 

I guess you didn't see the 27 (at last count) scientific reports showing that wearing face masks do very little if anything at all, to prevent infection. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4480558/

The great demi-god Fauci himself has, since the so called pandemic started, advised AGAINST face masks, FOR face masks, and recently for wearing TWO masks. You still believe that guy?

• Thanks 2

On 6/9/2021 at 9:25 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

They should have been closed though.

So these nightclubs are not closed then? Are there any clubs or bars, "what's the difference"? open in Nana Plaza? What about Soi Cowboy?

22 hours ago, SymS said:

Is this countrywide and even outdoors? It's not clear from the article.
Some regions have been free of COVID-19 for several weeks, and where I live people exercise outdoors without wearing a mask.

I keep my mask on my chin when I'm riding my bike, and no one will tell me different.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KamalaRider said:

When will people understand, the facemasks doesn't protect, AT ALL. Not from viruses, it works on pollution and most bacteria.

Keep up with the science.

Sadly, people have been brainwashed into thinking that these make a difference and are too far down the rabbit hole to see differently now.   It does not matter that any country that has mandated them hasn't seen any difference in the spread of the virus, they are blind to evidence (or lack of it) at this stage.    Scientists were very clear early on in the pandemic that masks will do more harm than good as they encourage people to touch their faces more often to adjust them, put them down on contaminated surfaces before then putting the contaminated mask back on their faces, and it falsely makes people feel they are being protected so they give themselves less distance between each other.   

Unfortunately it's just another thing for people to blame each other for over the continued spread of the virus rather than government action or inaction and it is very a easy and visible and cost free thing for governments to implement to make it look like they are doing "something" even if that "something" makes no difference at all.   

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Dagmanley said:

It is even states on the boxes the mask come in that they offer no protection to the wearer from viruses.

Yeah, most manufacturers advertise the failings of their products on  the box.  Perhaps you are reading a box of gummy bears?

On 6/9/2021 at 8:02 AM, ChipButty said:

Yesterday I had to go to my condo and in the space of 15 minutes I saw 7 people without mask, 4 farang and 3 Thai staff, even my tenant who had come up in the lift to meet me at the unit was not wearing a mask, I was wearing one 

I bet it made you feel extremely virtuous!
Did you get a gold star on your Obedience Card?

• Like 2

On 6/9/2021 at 1:59 AM, KannikaP said:

These are two completely different things. A rag around the gob will do then.

How do they know if it is your 1st, 2nd or 3rd offence?

Probably if you are fined B20,000 the first time you'd be reluctant to continue not wearing one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 7:42 AM, jacko45k said:

Yeah, most manufacturers advertise the failings of their products on  the box.  Perhaps you are reading a box of gummy bears?

The masks are excellent protection for what they are manufactured for, bacteria and pollution.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KamalaRider said:

The masks are excellent protection for what they are manufactured for, bacteria and pollution.

Too many people are wearing pollution masks in the current pandemic.... I have a ruddy great bag of them I bought a few years back that are now not being used. They of course have a valve (or 2) in them that opens when you breathe out..... and presumably cough or sneeze. Not what we need.