Fines of up to 20,000 baht now in place for not wearing a face mask

webfact

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

Is being in your car considered being in public? 

I am a proponent of wearing a facemask, and even though both the wife and me are fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, we always wear masks while in public, but not in our car, (we are in Khon Kaen), We drive through the police check point on the ring road  almost every day without wearing a mask, and the police has never stop as or said a word.  

I find it difficult to wear a mask , especially when I am driving, because the breath escaping from the top of my mask makes my eyes water.  

Breath mints? ????

• Haha 1

Is this countrywide and even outdoors? It's not clear from the article.
Some regions have been free of COVID-19 for several weeks, and where I live people exercise outdoors without wearing a mask.

Someone should look at Bang Saray public park near the beach. Every afternoon and evening large groups of Thai youngsters gathering and playing around with loud music. No masks and no social distancing. Usually from about 5 pm to 10 pm. I did report it to the appropriate call in phone number several months ago. The operator said they would contact the Tessaban to advise. No action yet taken. These teenagers involved in risky behavior could take the virus back to their elderly parents and not even know. If I leave my house without a mask I could get fined. Why does this rule not apply to these irresponsible Thais ? 

Just now, KamalaRider said:

Stupid comment, it's for protection from bacteria,  the medical community with doctors and nurses knows you can't protect the patients from viruses, they are simply too small in size. 

And you follow on with an even dumber comment..... as if a virus is a single entity buzzing around like a wasp!

1 minute ago, jingjo01 said:

If I leave my house without a mask I could get fined. Why does this rule not apply to these irresponsible Thais ? 

It does, but it has yet to be enforced. Thais usually react after 3 or 4 incidences or posts on social media. 

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So still can be fined while driving my own car with my family inside and not wearing a mask, even though we live under the same roof and the GF and I sleep in the same bed.....interesting times ahead.  Next we will be mandated to have the mask on while inside our own homes.  It is already a Juristic rule to wear them when we go outside the unit, are in the lifts and in the common areas.  Saw a resident swimming yesterday and was about to ask him where his mask was.....lol

Ohhhh it is so inconvenient, difficult and annoying to wear a little face mask when you step outside your place of residence, NOT.

If it irks you so much, stay indoors, simple isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And you follow on with an even dumber comment..... as if a virus is a single entity buzzing around like a wasp!

Viruses, buzzing around? <deleted> has your comment anything to do with Covid-19 and my comments about facemasks? Please elaborate!

7 minutes ago, KamalaRider said:

Viruses, buzzing around? <deleted> has your comment anything to do with Covid-19 and my comments about facemasks? Please elaborate!

I will humour you despite the fact I suspect I waste my time.

The virus is transmitted mainly via the respiratory route, when people inhale droplets and particles that infected people release as they breathe, talk, cough, sneeze or sing. The closer people interact, and the longer they interact, the more likely they are to transmit COVID-19, but infection can occur over longer distances, particularly indoors. 

Surgical facemasks are more than fine enough to catch and contain these droplets. 

I have read too many comments from fools stating the size of the virus is very small compared to a facemask mesh... as if it was a fly (or wasp) getting through chicken wire fencing... quite ridiculous. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, spetersen said:

and wearing a mask outside the car makes no difference either as long as you not in a crowded place with a short distance to others , the virus is NOT AIRBORNE , it is transmitted through droplets in the air, if no people around you, absolute zero chance that you will infect someone else. 

So if it's not airborne,  how the .... can the virus find its way around the fan systems in hospitals and other public buildings. The spread of the virus is too fast for it to be a droplet spread virus. Read up on viruses and how they spread. Our immune system can normally handle reasonable amount of virus particles but if we have another sickness, even the smallest amount of viruses can multiplie without interference. Please, don't make the mistake believing it's not airborne. 

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So still can be fined while driving my own car with my family inside and not wearing a mask, even though we live under the same roof and the GF and I sleep in the same bed.....interesting times ahead.  Next we will be mandated to have the mask on while inside our own homes.  It is already a Juristic rule to wear them when we go outside the unit, are in the lifts and in the common areas.  Saw a resident swimming yesterday and was about to ask him where his mask was.....lol

They might have to build larger jails. Don't they know a lot of people are out of work do to the virus.

Edited by vandeventer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, KannikaP said:

These are two completely different things. A rag around the gob will do then.

How do they know if it is your 1st, 2nd or 3rd offence?

Because the meticulous BiBs will record the criminal act, collect the fine and issue an official receipt to the perpetrator. Details will be recorded on a database and flagged if the personal ID is entered in future. Which begs the question, should the PM be permitted to hold a political post in view of his criminal record?????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have read too many comments from fools stating the size of the virus is very small compared to a facemask mesh... as if it was a fly (or wasp) getting through chicken wire fencing... quite ridiculous. 

OK, let's have some figures please.

• Like 1