Fines of up to 20,000 baht now in place for not wearing a face mask

webfact

13 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Just Bull+++t really as most Thai's don't have a pot to p++s in and will do push up's; only Farang will suffer with heavy cash fines to boost the Cops Tea Money !

Actually I notice many of the rich (Porche, mercedes owners) never wear masks neither in the car or when they get out.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps they should follow whatever rules and requirements are in place...

Asssuming you feel the need to visit Thailand for a holiday whilst most of the thais are in the card carrying covid infected club as no real vaccines

But if you are vaccinated and spent all that cash jumped through hoops etc would you expect to wear masks, maybe that law wont be valid in the sandpit

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, poohy said:

Asssuming you feel the need to visit Thailand for a holiday whilst most of the thais are in the card carrying covid infected club as no real vaccines

But if you are vaccinated and spent all that cash jumped through hoops etc would you expect to wear masks, maybe that law wont be valid in the sandpit

I would be expecting to have to obey the laws and regulations of the country or province  or place I am in. My nationality does not give me any immunity from law much less a jab in the arm.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, sirineou said:

If I had a dollar for every time I walked out of the car without my mask, only to have to walk back .

I have a lot more dollars LOL.

Had the opposite a couple of times. Came out of a shop wearing mask in accordance with. Got in the car and later find I was still wearing the mask, difficulty breathing probably a factor that reminded me.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Excuse me! 

Well better if you contained it ......

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So tell me again I can not complain against stupid rules when other rules that are truly for safety such as illegally riding a motorbike on a footpath,

Diversion to an irrelevance. 

I have not yet been subjected to a fine for not wearing a mask.... have you? If you think this rule is made only for revenue generation, I believe you to be severely mistaken. 

What has having been a LEO got to do with it....?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Had the opposite a couple of times. Came out of a shop wearing mask in accordance with. Got in the car and later find I was still wearing the mask, difficulty breathing probably a factor that reminded me.

Still not sure if I need to have one on when driving alone...so don't... I want that AC blowing on my face. 

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well better if you contained it ......

Diversion to an irrelevance. 

I have not yet been subjected to a fine for not wearing a mask.... have you? If you think this rule is made only for revenue generation, I believe you to be severely mistaken. 

What has having been a LEO got to do with it....?

Your a lost cause unfortunately

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/bangkok-cops-will-now-fine-people-in-cars-without-masks/

People today were amused, amazed and frequently perplexed to learn that City Hall has in fact made taking off your mask inside a car illegal if anyone else is in the vehicle – no matter who it is.

“This measure is intended to prevent transmission from one person to another,” Bangkok Gov. Aswin Kwanmuang said. “Therefore, when you have another person inside the same vehicle, you must wear a face mask. Even if the other person is a family member, that’s no exception.”

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Still not sure if I need to have one on when driving alone...so don't... I want that AC blowing on my face. 

People today were amused, amazed and frequently perplexed to learn that City Hall has in fact made taking off your mask inside a car illegal if anyone else is in the vehicle – no matter who it is.

“This measure is intended to prevent transmission from one person to another,” Bangkok Gov. Aswin Kwanmuang said. “Therefore, when you have another person inside the same vehicle, you must wear a face mask. Even if the other person is a family member, that’s no exception.”

Bangkok cops will now fine people in cars without masks | Coconuts Bangkok

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I was one of the early casualties of the Covid epidemic.

Wore a mask.

Glasses steamed up.

Fell down stairs at school!

As per my first attempt at wearing bi-focals... deadly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Is being in your car considered being in public? 

I am a proponent of wearing a facemask, and even though both the wife and me are fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, we always wear masks while in public, but not in our car, (we are in Khon Kaen), We drive through the police check point on the ring road  almost every day without wearing a mask, and the police has never stop as or said a word.  

I find it difficult to wear a mask , especially when I am driving, because the breath escaping from the top of my mask makes my eyes water.  

We got stopped just me and the wife in the car and was told to wear a mask

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Bangkok cops will now fine people in cars without masks | Coconuts Bangkok

But tables full of Friends at  food courts is ok 

• Like 2