Confusion reigns as Thailand’s 3 million expats wait for their shots

webfact

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

This is the link that I used. 

I, also at first thought it was good only for Bangkok and Pattaya, but, once inside, there are pull-down menus for province, town and district.

http://thailandintervac.com 

Is below 60 able to register? I'm lazy to check back everyday to see if it's open for my category. 

34 minutes ago, poohy said:

This what get

i can download all menu but no dates

it appears i can even change date if i had one

NB no choice of hospitals in provinces

Screenshot (6).png

That's a variation on mine (the red change booking box), but the key is:

"Date Information not completed. Please reload again."

In my, and others' cases, when you reload, it has removed 1) nationality, 2) province, 3) District, 4) Sub-district.

Currently these boxes are not loading any options, so their either trying to fix the glitch, (which has been in effect most of this morning), or they've gone away for the day. It's anybody's guess, as there is no information published about the status of the site, displaying even more incompetence. Meanwhile, if you're Thai and young, just pop into a 7-11 and get an appointment.

Edited by samtam

1 minute ago, timberpond said:

Is below 60 able to register? I'm lazy to check back everyday to see if it's open for my category. 

From July, I believe. But these things change. If the 60+ and comorbidities cannot register three days into the "Expats urged to register from 7 June", I suspect it will be all change again.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, samtam said:

In my, and others' cases, when you reload, it has removed 1) nationality, 2) province, 3) District, 4) Sub-district.

Currently these boxes are not loading any options, so their either trying to fix the glitch, (which has been in effect most of this morning), or they've gone away for the day. It's anybody's guess, as their is no information published about the status of the site, displaying even more incompetence. Meanwhile, if you're Thai and young, just pop into a 7-11 and get an appointment.

Yes its removed my nationality cannot enter or amend at moment

But Question 

Organization what does one enter there?

Edited by poohy

Went to my local government hospital and got an AZ jab on Monday. VIP treatment. Walk in. No appointment. 76 years old with copd. 

Edited by nycjoe
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

FAKE:  Most of the expats vaccinated so far have received the AstraZeneca vaccine and they have outlined that in threads on this forum. 

At this moment,  it is impossible to book AZ in their system.

Sinovac is bookable.

Yes, some people on TV got AZ.

Your word "most" sounds like you have counted them. 

The only farang i know who got AZ got it on the black market.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I "registered" about 6 weeks at our mooban. They were supposed to be collecting info on the elderly & vulnerable etc. Have heard absolutely nothing since. I'll wait I suppose as I don't fancy sitting in these rooms full of people waiting for jabs.

On 6/9/2021 at 9:24 AM, Ventenio said:

<deleted>

I remember last April, everyone on TVF was saying, "Wow, this is handled great!!!!!"

The smart ones said, "Bro, first time in LOS.   Wait, you'll see...."

I kept saying last year that Thailand was handling COVID well or they were extremely lucky. Looks like the latter...I should have known better.

37 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Don't you have better things to do with your time or is there something special to play their silly games? It's been hundreds of times reported that it is not working before, yet and wont in the time to come as there is not enough vaccine. So wait until they throw it after you. Not that it would help for anything anyways.

Is this written by a bot?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ryane66 said:

Thailand has yet to place a firm order.

I placed a FIRM order with my local massage establishment.   

They informed me that due to current eating habits that option has been off the

menu for about 5 years

34 minutes ago, samtam said:

Currently these boxes are not loading any options, so their either trying to fix the glitch, (which has been in effect most of this morning), or they've gone away for the day. It's anybody's guess, as there is no information published about the status of the site, displaying even more incompetence. Meanwhile, if you're Thai and young, just pop into a 7-11 and get an appointment.

Just tried to register on http://www.thailandintervac.com/ for the first time (as one apparently needs to show up at lunchtime now).

I can't enter the fantastic four as mentioned as above at all i.e. (( 1) nationality, 2) province, 3) District, 4) Sub-district).

I'll try again tomorrow but if anyone has any luck with this please let us know?

No option to queue before noon I suppose?! ????

5 minutes ago, Eibot said:

From 06/06 all foreigners can apply said the government. We're working on an app where you can register said the Thai government.

Here we are on Wednesday 09/06, nobody having a clue what the is going on. 

Hands up those who thought this would work:

Edited by Surelynot
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

If it happened, I wonder why  he didn't say where. 

He said at his local government hospital.

Just go there.

I believe him he got VIP treatment there. 

Edited by Hyna

Update... 

We ( three farangs)  registered on Monday at this website .. http://www.thailandintervac.com/

Registration successful, got an appointment today at Viman Hospital BKK... Didn't really believe it would happen- but ... Surprise... It did happen. Very professional, no waiting time, we all got our first shot of Sinovac just 30 minutes ago, plus a card to come back there in 4 weeks to receive the second shot... I have to admit- we are impressed....good luck to all of you guys! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Does anyone know what makes up this 3 MM figure?

Funny how the reported number of foreigners tends to vary given the situation.

It always goes up into the millions when talking about something they've got to do for them, like immigration or vaccines, i.e.: "Oh, look at this tremendous burden they are".

But it always goes down to the tens of thousands when talking about their economic impact, like the money they earn or spend, i.e.: "Hah, we don't need them, they could all leave tomorrow and it wouldn't matter".

• Like 1

Just now, Siamfan said:

Update... 

We ( three farangs)  registered on Monday at this website .. http://www.thailandintervac.com/

Registration successful, got an appointment today at Viman Hospital BKK... Didn't really believe it would happen- but ... Surprise... It did happen. Very professional, no waiting time, we all got our first shot of Sinovac just 30 minutes ago, plus a card to come back there in 4 weeks to receive the second shot... I have to admit- we are impressed....good luck to all of you guys! 

WHAT?????

10 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

people tend to get confused in Thailand.... i registered for Moderna and Sino or AZ at https://thailandintervac.com/ online, it works just fine. Just follow smart guys like Rich Barrow on Twitter and all latest information is there, don't listen to any government figures

I was on the site this morning and have a confirmed appt for 24th June. But Moderna was definitely not a choice (only sino/astra available) so how did you register for it?

Did you get an appt for the Sino or Astra?.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Sounds like "We want foreigners to come to Thailand but but but....." 

CDC issues updated COVID-19 travel guidance for dozens of countries

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cdc-issues-updated-covid-19-travel-guidance-for-dozens-of-countries/ar-AAKQtw4?li=BBnb7Kz

COVID-19 Travel Recommendations------Thailand is level 3

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/noticescovid19