Confusion reigns as Thailand’s 3 million expats wait for their shots

webfact

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Oh one post, okay 

Try actually looking at the thread you're commenting on before making stupid remarks. It's not one post, it's an entire thread dedicated to reports from people having been vaccinated. 

There are multiple posts from different people. FWIW everyone who has posted on there got the AstraZeneca vaccine.

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

WHERE ? What is it with people on here who say they have had the  AZ vaccine but won't say where? Is it a secret, or is it BS? 

Again, look at the thread. Every person who responded, states where they received it.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Henryford said:

I doubt there are 3 million expats. Maybe 2.9m foreign workers from Burma/Cambodia.

Dictionary definition of “expat”: a person who lives outside their native country.

...Burma/Cambodia included 

3 minutes ago, jkcjag said:

Dictionary definition of “expat”: a person who lives outside their native country.

...Burma/Cambodia included 

Getting real as to how the word expat is actually used, low skill migrant workers legal or not doing work most locals don't want to do at lower wages are pretty much NEVER referred to as expats.

In any case as far as the vaccine rollout in Thailand, such migrant workers are covered under a DIFFERENT system than expats. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Pilotman said:

which vaccine?  No expat that has been injected seems to want to answer that question, and we all know why.  Good luck; at least it may make it easier for you to learn Mandarin mate. 

He is talking about a shot of tequila...

16 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Even if Moderna arrives on these shores, expect months of waiting to get the appointments, like we are seeing now with AZ.

The fridges arrived first in NZ to store the vaccine, red beer bins will not suffice. 

22 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Even if Moderna arrives on these shores, expect months of waiting to get the appointments, like we are seeing now with AZ.

Myself, and every other expat I know in Hua Hin who has been given an appointment for vaccination, has been given a date in less than a month's time.

Here's my appointment slip, for example.

IMG_20210526_171641.jpg

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rbkk said:

My 2nd dose is in 16 weeks. Another poster is 17 1/2 weeks. Yours is in 12. Can you confirm for us again , 12 weeks, please?

Sorry, my mistake. Mine is 16 weeks (27 September).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Mine is 16 weeks (27 September).

I think everyone got 27 Sep on 7 June.

Does it have a time and place for the second dose?

16 weeks is the default (no clue about the 17 1/2 weeks?).

Will be interesting to see if ther is the same level of enthusiasm and efficiency for delivering the second dose.

Could that be pulled in? Maybe, but suspect supplies will be limited and the gov't seems to be relying on a one-does strategy for now to stem any surges?

By the time people get their second dose, then add a few weeks for pek efficacy, others may be finishing up their Pfizer or Moderna doses.

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Pilotman has got this strange idea that those who have been vaccinated were vaccinated with Sinovac and are lying about being vaccinated with AZ....  

It takes a very strange mind to suspect people of lying about such a thing.... 

Its all clear on Sheryl’s thread, but he still thinks people are lying. 

I have met two expats that did lie, so it tends to make one a bit sceptical.  However, I dont care what others get vaccinating with, only what  my family and I get   There is no consistency of true information here on TVF and certainly not from the government.  It is all either contradictory, wrong, out of date, wishful thinking or just plain old lies. Even Sheryl, good that she is, is not the font of all knowledge on what is going on over the whole country. It is a buggers muddle and looking to TVF to give solid information is clearly not possible.  We must all go our own way and find out for ourselves the truth of what is being said.   This is not visa information from Ubon Joe, that corrects misconceptions and wrong thinking, this is a massive fxxk up that people are trying to navigate, some more successfully than others. I will believe anything I am being told after I have managed to get a vaccine, prior to that, I will remain sceptical. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Sad 2

My wife registered me on mor prom 3 weeks ago for Samitivit sri racha,yesterday i got my astra zenica jab ,date to return 12 weeks,was treated really well,as i always am in Thailand,i cannot understand why as a falang many are not, i also registered on the Thailand intervac ,no date as yet but obviously will not take it up.

Ps i have a pink card.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think everyone got 27 Sep on 7 June.

Does it have a time and place for the second dose?

16 weeks is the default (no clue about the 17 1/2 weeks?).

Will be interesting to see if ther is the same level of enthusiasm and efficiency for delivering the second dose.

Could that be pulled in? Maybe, but suspect supplies will be limited and the gov't seems to be relying on a one-does strategy for now to stem any surges?

By the time people get their second dose, then add a few weeks for pek efficacy, others may be finishing up their Pfizer or Moderna doses.

1) No, oddly, 28th Sept for me (7th June AZ).

2) So, I see you also didn't read Sheryl's thread! ???? ( Click on link) Post 11 ( October 8th!=17 1/2 weeks) 74 yrs old gent from Kanthralak.

27 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

12 weeks

Are you sure? It could be the side effects! Please confirm. The default is 16 weeks at present.

27 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

My wife registered me on mor prom 3 weeks ago for Samitivit sri racha,yesterday i got my astra zenica jab ,date to return 12 weeks,was treated really well,as i always am in Thailand,i cannot understand why as a falang many are not, i also registered on the Thailand intervac ,no date as yet but obviously will not take it up.

Ps i have a pink card.

getting registered and getting a date for vaccination is one thing, actually getting vaccinated is another. One friend managed to get registered at 3 different hospitals, and got appointment dates. All 3 dates were cancelled - reason - no vaccine available.

There just is not enough to go round. You may be lucky, you may also win the lottery!

22 minutes ago, rickudon said:

getting registered and getting a date for vaccination is one thing, actually getting vaccinated is another. One friend managed to get registered at 3 different hospitals, and got appointment dates. All 3 dates were cancelled - reason - no vaccine available.

There just is not enough to go round. You may be lucky, you may also win the lottery!

I had a similar story, same reason given. The local health dept cancelled my appt. Hospitals have received about 15% of their requirements. As my appt was on Monday 7th my place in the queue was in the first 15% and I attended at my allotted 2pm time. On seeing my confirmed appt they honored it. My place in the queue had been given to a Thai but I was accepted and vaccinated with AZ. Details on Sheryl's thread. My advise is do turn up for a confirmed appt.

Edited by rbkk
  • Like 2

I'm sure most expats would rather wait for Pfizer and Moderna to be available for purchase at private hospitals. Have they totally dropped talks about this or is it still "possibly at the end of this year"?

19 hours ago, Pilotman said:

WHERE ? What is it with people on here who say they have had the  AZ vaccine but won't say where? Is it a secret, or is it BS? 

In the arm..... ?

One I saw was Petchabun.

• Haha 2

Once you stop believing your thought of as a local because you live in Thailand and you think you have the same rights as a Thai, the drug will wear off then the B/S and propaganda gets pumped out Daily regarding Expats being offered PCR Tests this is pure B/S. Its just another official placed behind a keyboard to pump it out that day. Usually the old B/S comes out with the old " Thousands expected to return in the near future ".  Khun Somchai believes this as he is not educated to think for himself. Another line is hey look at the figures there going down another B/S line, its because there not testing and refusing Expats a test so the numbers of infected are low. Us in the West know this but Khun Somchai is not clever enough to see past the Woods. Another propaganda line is The Thai government have procured thousands of doses of Astra or Moderna Vaccine, yes they have but only enough for there officials and family's. You will be offered the cheap charlie Chinese Vaccine which is as useful as a fan in a kiln. Lets be honest an Issan rice farmer or a Migrant worker will not be given an expensive vaccine. In the UK you are told and shown the vaccine about to be injected, in Thailand you may be told its Astra or Moderna there giving you but you will not know unless you watch them closely. My advice do not listen to the propaganda, don't listen to what there pumping out Daily, and when or if possible wait for the best Vaccine don't let your guard down the figures there pumping out is wrong as they are fully aware bad publicity is bad news for Tourism.

• Like 1