Confusion reigns as Thailand’s 3 million expats wait for their shots

webfact

1 hour ago, SymS said:

Wouldn't it just be easier to have the same program for everybody, regardless whether somebody is Thai or not?

Ok....you're using common sense here...but I must ask...how long have you stayed in Thailand ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timberpond said:

Is below 60 able to register? I'm lazy to check back everyday to see if it's open for my category. 

Been trying to register on that  site for 2 days without success

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, garzhe said:

Yesterday 8th June I went to the hospital where my medical records are held after constantly hearing that registration would take place after 7th June. I was told that I should come back after 14th June, maybe they could register me then. .  On seeing the doctor he informed me that Foreigners would not be vaccinated until all Thais had been vaccinated sometime later in the year.  Seems like all the information being pumped out by the government agencies is not passed on to the hospitals. Total confusion.

Or they know the 'truth' of the matter..........asked a nurse yesterday.....Bumrungrad........she said foreigners will be waiting a long time.......maybe October at the earliest........she had both jabs of sinovac she said.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tonray said:

you're using common sense here.

Ah yes, something not inherent in the Thai psyche, not even those running the country..........as witnessed by this monumental stuff up, and many others.

9 minutes ago, thweshfoyo said:

so 3 million expats are just weak idiots ?

I guess also scare by their own shadow and stray dogs, right ?

Such an intelligent post, you will have 3m expats in awe of you profound wisdom. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SymS said:

Wouldn't it just be easier to have the same program for everybody, regardless whether somebody is Thai or not?

Yes it would, but seems you have missed the main point - TIT

13 minutes ago, thweshfoyo said:

so 3 million expats are just weak idiots ?

I guess also scare by their own shadow and stray dogs, right ?

I suspect  a good proportion of that number are foreign workers who are in a weak position.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, garzhe said:

Yesterday 8th June I went to the hospital where my medical records are held after constantly hearing that registration would take place after 7th June. I was told that I should come back after 14th June, maybe they could register me then. .  On seeing the doctor he informed me that Foreigners would not be vaccinated until all Thais had been vaccinated sometime later in the year.  Seems like all the information being pumped out by the government agencies is not passed on to the hospitals. Total confusion.

Change total to Thai, that makes it correct. 

Wife and I saw our local doctor at lunch today.  During our chat he noted he had AZ in his office.  We both smiled and took a rain check.  <laughs>  Hell of a nice guy though.  Best doctor I've had in any country.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

Maybe us farangs have some leverage.  No vaccination.  No friends come to Thailand.  A true boycott.

Come now, this is only the 3rd day they have been at it...... 

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

which vaccine?  No expat that has been injected seems to want to answer that question, and we all know why.  Good luck; at least it may make it easier for you to learn Mandarin mate. 

You're wrong ,I posted yesterday 8th of June that I had the AZ Jab yesterday early afternoon.

So far no side effects .

Can't say that I am Normal cause I have Never claimed to be normal.   ????

• Like 1

A chiropractor friend in California sent me an article about some 300 Covid patients in Bangkok being treated with an Asian herb called in Thai, Fah Talai Jone, and their Covid basically disappeared . I mentioned this to my wife and she produced two bottles of this stuff her father had given her. This could be an alternative to the vaccines, though you should read up on this yourself.341D3C3F-67E1-4990-9D80-FCBC9863912F.thumb.jpeg.b09ed2a486e7ea84f8ba79b895fc1610.jpeg

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

“and government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisiri is now telling non-Thais to wait until things become clearer.”

In other words, even we don’t know what’s going on. Wait till we sort out the mess we created before you do anything.

I found the tone of the OP article REALLY offensive...

It was like, things are a mess with the vaccination process because foreigners are confused and don't know where to go or what to do.

And I was like, NO!  There's chaos and confusion because you government types are a bunch of incompetent buffoons who don't know what you're doing from one day to the next, and can't manage to mount a working online vaccine registration system that actually works!

THAT's why there's chaos and confusion....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

which vaccine?  No expat that has been injected seems to want to answer that question, and we all know why.  Good luck; at least it may make it easier for you to learn Mandarin mate. 

Bull____.

Edited by rbkk

14 minutes ago, Mansell said:

A chiropractor friend in California sent me an article about some 300 Covid patients in Bangkok being treated with an Asian herb called in Thai, Fah Talai Jone, and their Covid basically disappeared .

"Basically"? Poof.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisiri is now telling non-Thais to wait until things become clearer."

Dosn't really need any explanation, does it?

Obviously, my comment confused a few people!

OK - explanation - "Go away and wait until everybody else has been dealt with"

Clearer now?

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Confusion will be my epitaph
As I crawl a cracked and broken path
If we make it we can all sit back and laugh
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying

Between the iron gates of fate
The seeds of time were sown
And watered by the deeds of those
Who know and who are known
Knowledge is a deadly friend
If no one sets the rules
The fate of all mankind I see
Is in the hands of fools

Obviously a K.C. fan.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Got this FB messenger response from the MoPH earlier this afternoon on that point:

Their exact reply:  "Now it under fix the problems"

Screenshot_14.jpg.d49a68a4f0c2c0d4d7dee5d26c8d5450.jpg

District and sub district still not working....lol

• Like 1