Confusion reigns as Thailand’s 3 million expats wait for their shots

webfact

17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'd feel better about actually believing your post, if you managed to at least know the name of the hospital you were supposedly registering for....  

State Hospital Charoen Sin Sakon Nakhon!!!

1 minute ago, jesimps said:

It hasn't come yet but it will. At some time you'll need to show your vac cert to get into malls, entertainment venues, immigration etc etc. Remember, you saw it here first.

Yes, I agree. But, I didn't see it here first. I've figured that out a long, long time ago.

And, I'm all for that... 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

Well, I don't mind answering. I got the Sinovac yesterday afternoon. Originally, I was going to wait until Moderna or J&J came in. Was prepared to do that. But last week the university I retired from, Mahidol, called me and said retirees were eligible for vaccination. Sinovac, in my mind, is better than nothing. I'll still get one of the others when they arrive in December or January. But having something between now and then was better than going entirely without. BTW, two Thai friends got AZ on Monday. FWIW, symptoms from the AZ seem to be lingering for them, slight sore throat, fever, tiredness, muscle ache. The Sinovac went down like a flu shot, less than 20 hours later, only soreness at the injection site and some tiredness. So, there you go. I got Sinovac. Don't regret it.

How long you have to wait until you get your 2nd shot of Sinovac?

After living in Thailand for 20 plus years, I'm sure I know why the vast majority of Thais are "devout Buddhists"  Simply put if they were Christians they'd <deleted> up the Lords Prayer. They never think before they act or talk and may I add my good lady is no different.

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Oh one post, okay 

No. Click on the link.

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

WHERE ? What is it with people on here who say they have had the  AZ vaccine but won't say where? Is it a secret, or is it BS? 

CLICK ON THE LINK! 7th post

Edited by rbkk
Link, again!
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

It hasn't come yet but it will. At some time you'll need to show your vac cert to get into malls, entertainment venues, immigration etc etc. Remember, you saw it here first.

Tony Blair advocated it last week for the UK. He said "Vaccinated people should be treated differently to unvaccinated people." I agree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Tony Blair advocated it last week for the UK. He said "Vaccinated people should be treated differently to unvaccinated people." I agree.

Whether you agree with Tony Blairs politics or not please don't compare him with the Einstiens in Thailand.

• Haha 1

You guys are funny, just kick back and wait a month or so and you will have a shot coming. The initial roll out in the states was a cluster-   -----. It took them a while to  sort it out.  Just think though it gave you guys a new reason to bash Thailand.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moe666 said:

You guys are funny, just kick back and wait a month or so and you will have a shot coming. The initial roll out in the states was a cluster-   -----. It took them a while to  sort it out.  Just think though it gave you guys a new reason to bash Thailand.

It was but there was a priority system and one of the criteria wasn't nationality.

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I wouldn't boast too much about getting vaccinated on that basis if I were you - it will only serve to confirm a lot of peoples views of what is going on. Vaccination for reasons other than clinical need and so on...

I am over 60 and qualify on all grounds. It was just helpful for me that the hospital did all the registration stuff when I gave them my details. I don't have a smart phone. I guess that is one advantage of living in a smaller town - everyone knows each other and can help out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

WHERE ? What is it with people on here who say they have had the  AZ vaccine but won't say where? Is it a secret, or is it BS? 

I had the AZ vaccine at my local government hospital (Kosum Phisai in Mahasarakham Province). I did not know what vaccine they were using until I turned up on the day.

I have the follow-up shot in 12 weeks according to the 'vaccine certificate' they gave me. I was registered a few weeks ago. There was the usual stuff-up in finding my paperwork in the system, but that was sorted.

I didn't have any reaction. My wife also had the shot and had fever and headache for the next 24 hours. But I'm not sure if that was because of the vaccine or because she had to stay off the beer for 24 hours before the shot.

Edited by Stevemercer

4 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

I got my first shot of AstraZeneca on Monday. I didn't register beforehand, but the Head Nurse in charge of the inoculation program at out local hospital is a friend of my wife and booked me in.

My wife didn't register, but they had vaccine left over and included her. There were 2 other farang who hung around and got added to the program when it was evident there was spare vaccine.

2 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I am over 60 and qualify on all grounds. It was just helpful for me that the hospital did all the registration stuff when I gave them my details. I don't have a smart phone. I guess that is one advantage of living in a smaller town - everyone knows each other and can help out.

Just now, Stevemercer said:

I had the AZ vaccine at my local government hospital (Kosum Phisai in Mahasarakham Province). I did not know what vaccine they were using until I turned up on the day.

I have the follow-up shot in 12 weeks according to the 'vaccine certificate' they gave me. I was registered a few weeks ago. There was the usual stuff-up in finding my paperwork in the system, but that was sorted.

I didn't have any reaction. My wife also had the shot and had fever and headache for the next 24 hours. But I'm not sure if that was because of the vaccine or because she had to stay off the beer for 24 hours before the shot.

Story changing hourly!

First you weren't registered, then you were...

You were vaccinated because the head nurse was a friend of your wife, and then it was because they stuffed up your paperwork...

Your wife was vaccinated on the spur of the moment because they just happened to have some left over, but she had to stay off the beer for 24 hours before receiving it?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

My 2nd dose is in 16 weeks. Another poster is 17 1/2 weeks. Yours is in 12. Can you confirm for us again , 12 weeks, please?

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Or they know the 'truth' of the matter..........asked a nurse yesterday.....Bumrungrad........she said foreigners will be waiting a long time.......maybe October at the earliest........she had both jabs of sinovac she said.

She was talking about when Bumrungrad will vaccinate foreigners. 

That will be with  Moderna, imported in October,  there will be long waitlists if you don't have connections.

Of course, she is vaccinated like all staff.

Of course it didn't occur to her that an alien might participate in the government vaccination drive, which is for humans. 

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

One guy wrote the name of the hospital,  and the city. 

Another guy wrote  it is his government hospital, i had to google that place.

Don't worry,  you don't want to go there.  Both are in Sakhon Nakhon.

1 minute ago, Hyna said:
4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

One guy wrote the name of the hospital,  and the city. 

Another guy wrote  it is his government hospital, i had to google that place.

Don't worry,  you don't want to go there.  Both are in Sakhon Nakhon.

Pilotman has got this strange idea that those who have been vaccinated were vaccinated with Sinovac and are lying about being vaccinated with AZ....  

It takes a very strange mind to suspect people of lying about such a thing.... 

Its all clear on Sheryl’s thread, but he still thinks people are lying. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

registered in morprom a few weeks ago. ( >60 one of the seven “risk” issues )

got appointment on the spot,

time and place changed a  couple of times.

staff thoroughly checked docs proving medical condition that I brought, and I did get the AstraZeneca vaccination  ????

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

My 2nd dose is in 16 weeks. Another poster is 17 1/2 weeks. Yours is in 12. Can you confirm for us again , 12 weeks, please?

also here, in 16 weeks 2nd dose.

• Thanks 1