Confusion reigns as Thailand’s 3 million expats wait for their shots

webfact

2 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

when i first came thailand, 2006 a friend, ( WAS WORKING FOR I C I) who had been here 22 yr said "we are lower than the fleas on a soi dog

why do Thai's think they are superior to rich educated falang? just baffles me?  i see lines for food hand out now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Around the world, in most civilized nations, a foreigner who is living there, and contributing alot to the economy, is often treated with respect and regard. However, we are not regarded here by this administration, as anything other than a pain in the +++ and a bad influence on the women.

We teach them to ask quarions. Bad. We teach them to be open minded. Bad. We teach them to question authority. Bad. Especially when authority is this toxic. Bad. We are bad men. LOL. 

exactly why i find so many Thai woman boring

• Like 2

We will be at the back of the line that’s for sure even the poor Thais cannot get their vaccines the GF has hers cancelled 3 times now she has been told July and she is a high risk due to being Asthmatic . I think my best bet will be October at the earliest if the private hospitals can get hold of the AZ no way am I putting a Chinese vaccine into my body.

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

why muppets? Talk about voluntarily getting your knickers in a twist. 

What a load of <deleted> anyway, they just need to order the vaccines, as much as they can store.  It seems they are scared they'll "over-order" there really is no such thing as over-ordering vaccines right now. So long as the logistics assures they can be distributed, stored appropriately, and used before expiry.

Registration is an unnecessary load of <deleted>.

Why dont they <deleted> well get on with it.

The <deleted>!

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Confusion will be my epitaph
As I crawl a cracked and broken path
If we make it we can all sit back and laugh
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying

Between the iron gates of fate
The seeds of time were sown
And watered by the deeds of those
Who know and who are known
Knowledge is a deadly friend
If no one sets the rules
The fate of all mankind I see
Is in the hands of fools

Immediately gave the vinyl a spin...

...been a long time since

Tried to register on their official website.

All of the dropdown menus ("select Nationality, select province",etc.) are inoperative, no provision to type the required info, and will not proceed without.

Sneaky way to weasel out?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, samtam said:

Congrats. Maybe you're the only three?

Just the small matter of quarantine (21 days in Hong Kong), plus hotel for the requisite jabs 1 & 2, 14 days Thailand, or 10 days self-quarantine in UK, (rental) + jab 1 + 4-11 weeks for jab 2 (rental), plus return, 14 days quarantine, plus USD100k insurance. Both options about THB500k for the 2 of us.  Not so worried about the money, but the quarantine is gruesome.

[I have Right of Abode in HK, so can register, and I'm a UK citizen, so I can register with a local GP.]

Fly home, use old miles. Have to use them some day.

Stay at own place.

No quarantine in home country,  but PCR before flight. 

Come back to Phuket,  or in October to Bangkok,  no quarantine.

Cost: 200 $ for PCR  2x

Risk: infection on flight,  infection when getting PCR. 

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, SymS said:

Wouldn't it just be easier to have the same program for everybody, regardless whether somebody is Thai or not?

Yes, it would, but..............................TIT.!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ventenio said:

FUBAR

I remember last April, everyone on TVF was saying, "Wow, this is handled great!!!!!"

The smart ones said, "Bro, first time in LOS.   Wait, you'll see...."

Lockdown and restrictions are not vaccination programs ... for anyone  to put lockdowns in the same boat as mass vaccination is ludicrous.

The issues for Thailand and all but the richest of countries on our planet is to get enough vaccine and fast enough has proved incredibly difficult.

The xenophobia of the western world and those western huge pharma conglomerates in refusing to even consider waiving patent controls and freely giving the formula to the world so poorer countries wouldn’t have to scrape n beg for vaccines and the entire world could get back to normal much faster has been obviously the case.

the slowness and ever changing timelines is far more to do with this than the easy and convenient a go-to rather than the incompetence of the government.

Those who posit such things probably have no clue as the logistical and systemic barriers to procuring and rolling out a nationwide vaccination program. Well, unless your the US,  hold some of a few of the patents and can mass produce and distribute yet give almost zip to other countries. Yes I hear some tens of millions of doses are going to be given away by the US soon. But the world behaviour regarding caring n sharing of vaccines in this serious global threat is yet again another example of nation-privilege, and white racist policies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

which vaccine?  No expat that has been injected seems to want to answer that question, and we all know why.  Good luck; at least it may make it easier for you to learn Mandarin mate. 

Wonder what shot you got before commenting . 

If there are 3 million foreign expats then I suspect that only 80% or 2.4 million actually plan to get the shots. 
So, probably more accurate to say, "2.4 million expats wait for their shots."
The rest will get them if forced or choose to leave.  Forced vaccinations would probably be the straw the breaks the camel's back for some expats.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The latest tip from Information Department deputy director-general Natapanu Nopakun is: “Look into details before going to the venues,” because several inoculation schemes are being launched for foreigners and each one with different conditions.

And don't we know it... more confusion than vaccines.

• Like 1