Academy Prices Sinopharm Vaccine Dose at B888

snoop1130

What is happening here...CRA is purchasing Sinopharm vaccines from the manufacturer and selling them to charitable hospitals/clinics in Thailand for 888 a dose? These organizations then turn around and administer it free to their clients/patients?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The 888-baht price covers the costs of the vaccine, its transport and insurance on side effects.

888 eh .. sounds a a bit of a gamble .. 

And is it not a bit cheap Charlie when the AZ stuff is a whole lot more .. get what you pay for I suppose .. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

What is happening here...CRA is purchasing Sinopharm vaccines from the manufacturer and selling them to charitable hospitals/clinics in Thailand for 888 a dose? These organizations then turn around and administer it free to their clients/patients?

"However, vaccine recipients may have to pay service fees to the hospitals where they will be inoculated against the virus."

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Poet said:

Terrific value. Less that half the price of an effective Western vaccine.

AZ in EU free, EU paid 2.50 €, that's about 88 baht. 

AZ about as effective as Sinopharm.

AZ is a UK/Swedish company, so that's Western.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hyna said:

AZ is a UK/Swedish company, so that's Western.

Um ... did you mean to respond to my post?

I said nothing about AZ. Publicly available mass testing results show all the Western vaccines, including AZ, to be roughly equally effective.

AZ about as effective as Sinopharm.

There are no publicly available mass testing results for Sinopharm.

We do know, from results in various countries, that Sinovac is around 50% effective.

AZ in EU free, EU paid 2.50 €, that's about 88 baht. 

The price they are quoting in this report is 888 baht per dose of Sinopharm, not 88 baht.

The supposed price for Moderna in Thailand will be around 1,600 baht per dose, so, roughly twice the price of Sinopharm.

Edited by Poet
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Poet said:

Um ... did you mean to respond to my post?

I said nothing about AZ. Publicly available mass testing results show all the Western vaccines, including AZ, to be roughly equally effective.

We do know, from results in various countries, that Sinovac is around 50% effective.

The price they are quoting in this report is 888 baht per dose of Sinopharm, not 88 baht.

The supposed price for Moderna in Thailand will be around 1,600 baht per dose, so, roughly twice the price of Sinopharm.

So you post should read "Terrific value. Less that half the price of an effective Western vaccine  IN THAILAND". 

We seem to misunderstand each other easily ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

Ground control to Major Tom...

2 hours ago, realfunster said:

Moderna said it’s chargingbetween $32 to $37 per dose of its mRNA version to smaller-volume purchases

Maybe use this forum's search function to discover the recent announcement about what Moderna will actually cost in Thailand. That is what we are discussing.

Claimed smaller-volume global pricing is irrelevant, no national buyers will pay anything close to that.

888 baht for something so bad that in the UAE they are giving a third dose to try and get immunity to even basic levels seems like a poor option to me. And all countries where this vaccine has been used are seeing heavy increases in new cases. So why bother?

• Like 2

Finally, the Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine will give it free from the Provincial Administration Organisation starting 20 June 2021 (hopefully on time) to the public.

Sinopharm is much more better than AstraZeneca and Sinovac.

Pfizer and Moderna is a little better than Sinopharm.

3 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

Hahah, the gamble is the chance of getting injected with an experiment or a vaccine that has had at least a year longer testing. The traditional [weakened/dead virus], while not totally without risk, has been a documented success, with most other lethal viruses worldwide.  Personally, I have seen no evidence that changes my mind about taking an experimental drug, for a virus with such an extremely high survival rate.

And a firsthand report about "new variants" 

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

If I were offered this vaccine by one of these charitable institutions I think I would take it. I would offer to pay for it (if I could be sure the money was not diverted)!

I am not desperate but I am concerned. I am 64, have diabetes which requires injections to control it, and work (part time ) as a teacher. I have been refused registration/vaccination despite this because I am a foreigner. If I get Covid it would likely, for me, be very serious, perhaps even fatal. The efficacy of this stuff may be less than is desirable, but if it reduces the severity of the infection, then good enough.

Of course this now raises the inevitable question, how does one discover when, where and if they are available?

That's not good news. My school registered me to the local hospital using my Social Security No. and Tax No. along with passport etc. I had my first shot of AZ on Monday. Maybe see if you can ask social security to sort it out.

9 hours ago, Poet said:

The WHO said it prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe symptoms and hospitalisation in 100% of samples.

Not too bad really, no severe symptoms or hospitalisation in 100% of cases

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mfharrison said:

The WHO said it prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe symptoms and hospitalisation in 100% of samples.

How big was the sample?

Who gathered the results?

Were they independently verified by a credible organization?

Why is anyone still taking the W.H.O. seriously on anything connected with China?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mfharrison said:

You are quoting Sinovac, that number.

Sinopharm if I recall correctly has 79% efficiency, ie. considerably better results than Sinovac (51%) or AZ (63%),

But less than Pfeizer (95%), Morderna (94%), or Sputnik (91%).

• Thanks 1

Do a search for Sinopharm Covid spikes to see countries that relied on Sinopharm vaccine and how Covid-19 is spiking again - UAE, Bahrain, Mongolia, ...

In Bahrain, however, a vaccination drive that relied heavily on Sinopharm has so far produced at best mixed results and failed to curb new cases.

1 hour ago, mfharrison said:

That's not good news. My school registered me to the local hospital using my Social Security No. and Tax No. along with passport etc. I had my first shot of AZ on Monday. Maybe see if you can ask social security to sort it out.

I will try that, but so far every angle I have tried founders on the rock of the local Ministry of Public Health whose policy is " no vaccination for foreigners". I was told that, the school was told that. They appear to have the final say.

1 hour ago, tingtong said:

You are quoting Sinovac, that number.

Sinopharm if I recall correctly has 79% efficiency, ie. considerably better results than Sinovac (51%) or AZ (63%),

But less than Pfeizer (95%), Morderna (94%), or Sputnik (91%).

The WHO said...

1 hour ago, Poet said:

How big was the sample?

Who gathered the results?

Were they independently verified by a credible organization?

Why is anyone still taking the W.H.O. seriously on anything connected with China?

Bloomberg reported real world findings in Indo "Indonesia tracked 128,290 health workers in capital city Jakarta from January to March and found that the vaccine protected 98% of them from death and 96% from hospitalization as soon as seven days after the second dose, Pandji Dhewantara, a Health Ministry official who oversaw the study, said in a Wednesday press conference."

1 hour ago, HaoleBoy said:

Do a search for Sinopharm Covid spikes to see countries that relied on Sinopharm vaccine and how Covid-19 is spiking again - UAE, Bahrain, Mongolia, ...

In Bahrain, however, a vaccination drive that relied heavily on Sinopharm has so far produced at best mixed results and failed to curb new cases.

I did a search, interesting that  the top 5 hits are American news outlets.

I did take this from the BBC though:

"Of the doses administered (not including Sputnik), 57% were Sinopharm and 43% Covishield.

We don't know how many out of those fully vaccinated people who tested positive for Covid had received Sinopharm, and how many had been given AstraZeneca.

We do know that about two-thirds of those who tested positive largely had mild or no symptoms, according to the country's health commissioner, Dr Jude Gedeon.

Of those who needed admission to hospital, 80% were people who hadn't been vaccinated, and a majority of these also had other health conditions."

Again though this is Sinopharm not Sinovac.