Vietnam Visa update - big changes

I'd be interested to know why Vietnam has changed tack or is this no surprise. I get JT says 'the government just isn't into this', but why not?? Anyway, it's news to me, but I'm not up to speed Vietnam-wise.................

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, connda said:

Pity guys married to Vietnamese women.  No "spouse visa" that I'm aware of.  Worse than Thailand.  I wonder how many guys with Vietnamese wives are having their families broken up.  ????  Sad.

Hmm. That I don't know about but I assumed that they did have allowances based on family. 

31 minutes ago, thaitero said:

So one can be tourist for 30 days,,

What sort of rule there is to be 30 day tourist again after first 30 touristdays ?

Up until this April, there were options to get a permit (with just a Degree, no other caveats) with 2-3 year resident card. Also 3 month business and 3 month tourist visas.

The difference now - work permits are much trickier to get all of a sudden, and only 1 month tourist visas and almost all the business visas are being eradicated. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Vietnam? Have you met any Aussies from Vietnamese descent? They have East Asian mentality, very little in common with Thailand or Cambodia. They value education and hard work, apparently they think allowing low class westerners to live there is not going to contribute much for their development. As they get richer those were going to drop out anyway, why the westerners don't retire in Singapore or South Korea? Because they can't afford it.

Just wow. The Vietnamese in Australia are huge mafia and drug gangs that were brutal in the extreme. Just Google it 

1 minute ago, gearbox said:

The options for the western low class in SE Asia are slowly shrinking. Where to now? Vietnam kicking them out, Thailand according to TVF is getting worse and worse, Myanmar under coup, Cambodia taken over by the Chinese, Malaysia expensive, Indonesia muslim, India they are drinking one beer with 4 straws, Philippines crime and bad food..looks like only PNG left!

Cambodia and Philippines (when they open again). I suppose Laos for more pioneer types.

• Like 1