What’s the gap between doses? (Sinovac)

Jajazazajaja

48 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know someone who got it in Thailand and he has the 2nd shot appointment 3 weeks after the first shot. 

I know many who've already been told their 2nd jab has been delayed.  Significantly.  16 weeks is now the norm.

• Like 1

In threads here most people mention they got their second dose of Sinovac ~ 21 days. Some variation +/- a few days based on scheduling.

Not sure how this is affected by the delivery schedule(s) of Sinovac though. Think they have to be a bit careful, to insure that they have enough for dose #2.

Think they have quite a few doses on order, 5 MM?

With 1 MM due to arrive yesterday.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/one-million-doses-of-sinovac-vaccine-arrive-in-thailand-this-morning/

AZ seems to be 16 weeks as the default, that's all I've seen or heard.

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

In threads here most people mention they got their second dose of Sinovac ~ 21 days. Some variation +/- a few days based on scheduling.

Not sure how this is affected by the delivery schedule(s) of Sinovac though. Think they have to be a bit careful, to insure that they have enough for dose #2.

Think they have quite a few doses on order, 5 MM?

With 1 MM due to arrive yesterday.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/one-million-doses-of-sinovac-vaccine-arrive-in-thailand-this-morning/

AZ seems to be 16 weeks as the default, that's all I've seen or heard.

I am sure it's a lot easier to plan 3 weeks in advance compared to 16 weeks. The 2nd shot Sinovac which people should receive in 3 weeks who get today their first shot is probably already in the country. The Astra, which people should get in 16 weeks, is probably far away or not yet produced - at least that is my guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure it's a lot easier to plan 3 weeks in advance compared to 16 weeks. The 2nd shot Sinovac which people should receive in 3 weeks who get today their first shot is probably already in the country. The Astra, which people should get in 16 weeks, is probably far away or not yet produced - at least that is my guess. 

My friend is getting his jab next week.  They told him the next one is 16 weeks away.  He's going to try and get Moderna as the second one.  Research is saying this is actually a good thing!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sinovac-CoronaVac:

WHO recommends 2x 0.5 ml doses given intramuscularly at an interval of 2–4 weeks between the first and second dose.

In Thailand I’m not sure what the interval between does is set at.

For Oxford-AstraZeneca:

The recommendation is  dosage is 2x 0.5 ml does given intramuscularly with an interval of 8 to 12 weeks between the first and second dose.

In Thailand the current second dose is 16 weeks after the first (most likely related to a lack of vaccines). 

My mate got his first AZ jab today. Scheduled 2nd jab is in 8 weeks.  I've read that the Govt is saying at least 90 days between Sinovac jabs.

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sinovac-CoronaVac:

WHO recommends 2x 0.5 ml doses given intramuscularly at an interval of 2–4 weeks between the first and second dose.

In Thailand I’m not sure what the interval between does is set at.

For Oxford-AstraZeneca:

The recommendation is  dosage is 2x 0.5 ml does given intramuscularly with an interval of 8 to 12 weeks between the first and second dose.

In Thailand the current second dose is 16 weeks after the first (most likely related to a lack of vaccines). 

Hopefully the 16 weeks will be reduced if more doses become available.

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

My friend is getting his jab next week.  They told him the next one is 16 weeks away.  He's going to try and get Moderna as the second one.  Research is saying this is actually a good thing!

One issue to consider is if your friend or anyone else wants to travel overseas would the country or countries to be travelled to accept this? Also would a vaccine passport be issued in Thailand?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

My mate got his first AZ jab today. Scheduled 2nd jab is in 8 weeks.  I've read that the Govt is saying at least 90 days between Sinovac jabs.

Is he sure ?

On another thread a guy thought his second does was much sooner, but when he posted his appointment date is was clear that the date (written in Thai was in fact 27th September).

My second dose is in 16 weeks. 

Your mate may want to to ‘double check’ that he has not missunderstood or misread the date on his appointment card. 

12 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

One issue to consider is if your friend or anyone else wants to travel overseas would the country or countries to be travelled to accept this? Also would a vaccine passport be issued in Thailand?

Good point.  Actually, Thailand won't accept as proof of vaccine mixed jabs.  Good point!!

On 6/11/2021 at 7:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Is he sure ?

On another thread a guy thought his second does was much sooner, but when he posted his appointment date is was clear that the date (written in Thai was in fact 27th September).

My second dose is in 16 weeks. 

Your mate may want to to ‘double check’ that he has not missunderstood or misread the date on his appointment card. 

His appointment is written in english & Thai, and it is in 8 weeks.

My husband got Sinovac through his work here. It was 3 weeks between doses. The info said he would get an e-receipt in the Mor Prom App which could be used to get a physical certificate at a gov office. I forget the exact details. But he couldn't register with the App anyway because he doesn't have a pink ID card/number. They used his tax number for his ID and gave him a paper certificate after the second dose instead. The certificate looks official. It has a QR code which brings the info up, and it has batch numbers etc. on it. 

3 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Could be a moot point for me as Phayathai 2 say they haven’t received any vaccines and don’t know why the government opened up the website and listed any time-slots as available 

Which might explain why the thailandintervac.com has not worked for many trying to register. They will only fix the site when they have the vax.