Swimming pools and gyms to reopen on Monday 14th?

Guderian

Somebody posted this on the village LINE group, saying that in Chonburi swimming pools, gyms, massage shops, etc., can reopen on Monday. I was a bit doubtful at first as it doesn't look much like an official notice, plus I read that the schools still won't be reopening on Monday, but the story is also being carried by the Pattaya News so maybe it's true?

1623421026587.thumb.jpg.a8f2fd03112ba2bb2233c107551017ef.jpg

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/11/chonburi-eases-some-restrictions-effective-monday-june-14th-pools-foot-massage-gyms-and-more/

1. Massage shops can open for foot massage only. They must ensure proper Covid-19 measures, time spent for massages, masks must be worn.

2.  Swimming pools and water parks can open, however, alcohol is prohibited.

3.  Gyms, fitness centers, sports fields can be opened until 9:00 P.M. Sporting events can be held with limited spectators, there may be other rules that apply for this.

4.  ANY group or organization holding an event or meeting over 50 people is forbidden or needs permission from the relevant agencies and Chonburi officials.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Yes it is indeed true.  If you read Thai, here is the official order form the Governor:

order1.jpg?resize=679%2C960&ssl=1

good!  I hope (and would expect) that the other neighboring areas (ie BMA) follows suit ..: that would be a plus for many peoples day-to-day lifestyle .. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, new2here said:

good!  I hope (and would expect) that the other neighboring areas (ie BMA) follows suit ..: that would be a plus for many peoples day-to-day lifestyle .. 

You have to be kidding me. 3,000 people a day being infected with Covid 19 most right here in BKK. Yes lets open things up so it can spread more and faster. The country is trying to reopen, sadly without enough access to vaccines, why make it worse?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, marin said:

You have to be kidding me. 3,000 people a day being infected with Covid 19 most right here in BKK. Yes lets open things up so it can spread more and faster. The country is trying to reopen, sadly without enough access to vaccines, why make it worse?

Opening indoor gyms in particular sounds insane.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

It's an order by the Chonburi governor allowing gyms and swimming pools to reopen, but I believe that the Mayor can disregard it and decide to keep them closed if he feels so inclined, so unless someone has an update from City Hall we'll have to wait until Monday.

2 hours ago, royalmice said:

well it did say it is for Chonburi --- so please stay in Bangkok where u are, us  here in Chonburi are off to the pool.

????????????????????

The thing is that never has there been any evidence that swimming pools play a role in spreading Covid (as opposed to gyms of course).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

It's an order by the Chonburi governor allowing gyms and swimming pools to reopen, but I believe that the Mayor can disregard it and decide to keep them closed if he feels so inclined, so unless someone has an update from City Hall we'll have to wait until Monday.

Mayor is basically unofficially brought and pay for by the CB Governor.????

5 hours ago, marin said:

3000 nationwide, Pattaya from memory had only 4 or 5 if that for a few weeks already.

Most cases now are found at factories or markets.

Unlike Phuket, Pattaya authorities are money oriented and always been this way.

Phuket is an island, with tight restrictions, hardly any cases and they still keeping all restrictions on, Pattaya little easing up and all to open up.

If Pattaya was not so money hungry and closed its doors on Songkran, then it would not have been deep red zone for 2 months, but for the sake of filling hotel rooms for 1 weekend, kept its doors open resulting in being deep red for 2 months

1 hour ago, BestB said:

3000 nationwide, Pattaya from memory had only 4 or 5 if that for a few weeks already.

Most cases now are found at factories or markets.

Unlike Phuket, Pattaya authorities are money oriented and always been this way.

Phuket is an island, with tight restrictions, hardly any cases and they still keeping all restrictions on, Pattaya little easing up and all to open up.

If Pattaya was not so money hungry and closed its doors on Songkran, then it would not have been deep red zone for 2 months, but for the sake of filling hotel rooms for 1 weekend, kept its doors open resulting in being deep red for 2 months

I can assure you, Phuket is just as money hungry.  They don't call Phuket "Pirate Island" for nothing.  

Without travel restricts into the the province, Pattaya is just a part of the 3000 new cases everyday.  

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

I can assure you, Phuket is just as money hungry.  They don't call Phuket "Pirate Island" for nothing.  

Without travel restricts into the the province, Pattaya is just a part of the 3000 new cases everyday.  

When 3rd wave started, Phuket was one of the first to close its borders , while Pattaya kept saying welcome.

I think Pattaya by far more money hungry, not people but local government .

also Phuket kept all restrictions , Pattaya lifting a few and yet as you said part of nationwide totals 

11 hours ago, BestB said:

Good explanation on how most of the Chonburi cases have been in other parts of the province.

Obviously the few cases in Pattaya were the reason for Deep Red, nothing to do with the large outbreaks elsewhere.

Well here's good news for the foot (or metre) massage folk, as of Monday you will also be able to get one in Bangkok, so no need to travel all the way to Pattaya, lol.

Announced by the PM on his FB account:

Five businesses which will be allowed to open in Bangkok and can go back to service EFFECTIVE MONDAY, JUNE 14TH while implementing Covid-19 preventative measures are museums and similar attractions, public parks and botanical parks, beauty clinics, massage shops (foot massages only), nail shops and tattoo shops.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/12/thai-prime-minister-announces-on-social-media-easing-of-some-bangkok-covid-19-restrictions-states-phuket-sandbox-will-move-forward-on-july-1st/

42 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Good explanation on how most of the Chonburi cases have been in other parts of the province.

Obviously the few cases in Pattaya were the reason for Deep Red, nothing to do with the large outbreaks elsewhere.

Pattaya is not a province but a small city. Provinces were assigned with colours not the cities. Chonburi had/has large number of cases, but Chonburi is NOT Pattaya only, but also includes Siracha , Chonburi city, Bowin and so on, including industrial estates where most cases come from 

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

Pattaya is not a province but a small city. Provinces were assigned with colours not the cities. Chonburi had/has large number of cases, but Chonburi is NOT Pattaya only, but also includes Siracha , Chonburi city, Bowin and so on, including industrial estates where most cases come from 

You have misinterpreted my post, it was tongue in cheek.

I have lived in Mueang Chonburi for about 13 years. The Flinstones Pub that was the original large cluster reported on the 10th April is not that far away. We had heard about it a couple of days before it was reported.

What has alcohol got to do with Covid my local gym can have as may as 30/40 people in at one time sweating there rollicks off and it’s impossible to wear a mask yet a bar cannot sell a beer that may only have 12 customers in it by the way is there a bar and restaurant  in the government building bet they’ve got no restrictions

Edited by crazykopite
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

You have misinterpreted my post, it was tongue in cheek.

I have lived in Mueang Chonburi for about 13 years. The Flinstones Pub that was the original large cluster reported on the 10th April is not that far away. We had heard about it a couple of days before it was reported.

Yeah, sorry i missed that ????

But todays figures are very low, no idea why Chon is still in deep red, should be totally open.

Chonburi with 5, Si Racha 18, Banglamung (including Pattaya) 7, and 2 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.

32 cases is hardly a tragedy to keep it all locked up. Wiser choice would be to open up all business but restrict who is coming in and out of province

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Yeah, sorry i missed that ????

But todays figures are very low, no idea why Chon is still in deep red, should be totally open.

Chonburi with 5, Si Racha 18, Banglamung (including Pattaya) 7, and 2 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.

32 cases is hardly a tragedy to keep it all locked up. Wiser choice would be to open up all business but restrict who is coming in and out of province

Quite. We live out in the sticks so never really been much of a problem but do like to sit and have a beer if we are out and about.

• Like 1