Christian Eriksen

Chelseafan

He is awake and speaking , which is far more then i thought at the moment . They even finished the game , Denmark lost , but the fact that they played alone was a great effort .

I hope Eriksen will get out fine and they do find something so they can fix it ( there's been a few examples in the past ) .

• Like 1

It was shocking. My whole family was frozen around the TV. We always see players spread out on the pitch, but his head appeared to be in an awkward position, and then it started dragging on and on.

Then we saw CPR, the players gathered around with many crying, the fans crying, his wife coming out to the field, and then he was covered with sheets. Man. Everyone thought we had just witnessed something horrible take place on live TV.

Then it took forever to get official word that he was on the way to the hospital, and had remained conscious. Wow. Can't believe they managed to go on with the game. Glad to hear he made it. Alive, but still no further details.

31 minutes ago, katana said:

Wonder if Christian Eriksen had the jab recently? Hope last night's events weren't linked to it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

According to Inter's CEO, he had not had Covid or a vaccine jab.  I would have thought most players would have had a jab or two by now so I am a bit surprised at that.

Absolutely shocking scenes. This will be on of those ‘Flashbulb’ moments where everyone watching will remember where they were for decades to come (moon landings, 9-11, Christian Eriksen collapse).

I imagine everyone feared the worst while watching the CPR take place on the pitch. It is truly quite incredible that he is alive.

------

I knew it wouldn’t take long before someone tries to ‘link’ this to a vaccine....  Imagine the Ant-vaxxers howling to this one, like dogs drawn to the whistle...

1 hour ago, wilai said:

According to Inter's CEO, he had not had Covid or a vaccine jab.  I would have thought most players would have had a jab or two by now so I am a bit surprised at that.

Yes, with all the flying and mixing of people from different countries, you would have thought the Euro football authorities had some kind of protocol in place.
eg it's reported in the press that Spain's entire squad received their Covid-19 vaccine just days before their Euro 2020 opener against Sweden.

Edited by katana

5 minutes ago, katana said:

eg it's reported in the press that Spain's entire squad received their Covid-19 vaccine just days before their Euro 2021 opener against Sweden.

Italy and Belgium also had player vaccinations.....didn't seem to affect them too much given the scores!

• 7 months later...