It gets worse! Thailand Intervac website taken offline after data leak

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

This is the view that gets put up as the reason for every problem that arises, data breach or whatever.

"The fundamental problem at the root of it all is that they are differentiating between Thai’s and foreigners. "

I don't apologise for the government and have never said I support everything they do, but I accept their right to run the country as they see fit. 

I for one wouldn't want to see the government of my home country being held to account by a bunch of disillusioned foreigners, that is the prerogative of the national population.

A further deflective off topic post . Just to clarify yet again this thread  is about data breaches of government software.

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Their vaccine wasn't made in Thailand. 

this detail has given me some thought too.

I wonder if the current production delays are caused by products not satisfying Astra Zeneca's quality criteria, or if the reason is different. What is blocking production?

1 minute ago, tgw said:

the site is online for me, but you are right about there being no vaccines.

That doesn't make any sense. The sites have been offline today. The original and /expatriates. You can't even login with the /logout.php trick. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

That doesn't make any sense. The sites have been offline today. The original and /expatriates. You can't even login with the /logout.php trick. 

ah sorry - "offline" means no HTML is served from the server hosting the website.

what you mean is that the site is online (i.e. displaying content), but that it's not possible to login or to register.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgw said:

ah sorry - "offline" means no HTML is served from the server hosting the website.

what you mean is that the site is online (i.e. displaying content), but that it's not possible to login or to register.

You're sorry? You implied you could logon today. Hard to believe.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're sorry? You implied you could logon today. Hard to believe.

Login means you get access to the database, namely with your email address as a primary key. 

And that works. 

The temporarily closed message appeared after I attempted to log in.  I got the login site after appending /login to the site address.

An article in the paper today said that vaccine distribution problems occurred because the PM hadn't taken charge of the process personally.  I thought that he had after the complaints about Anutin.  Apparently that was in name only.