It gets worse! Thailand Intervac website taken offline after data leak

Jonathan Fairfield

21 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Sorry to squeeze this in but I dunno where to ask. Some farang the other day posted a photo of himself receiving his Covid injection. Anyone know which thread it was on? Reason why I ask is because a  senior nurse at my local hospital refuses to believe farangs are getting the vaccines. Her hospital has a 'no farang' policy.

Yet another reason I would never want to settle permanently in Thailand. Always treated like a person last in line.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Apparently the 'no farang policy' is based on 'only until all Thais have been done first'. She claims that this is being implemented in all of Buriram Province. So how long does farang wait until the last Thai gets done?

According to at least one person on Sheryl's "vaccination experiences" thread, they (a farang) got the vaccine at Buriram Government Hospital on June 7. So somebody's mistaken.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1218852-vaccination-experiences-please-post-here/?do=findComment&comment=16561896

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Quite often teething problems, at least the serious ones, are discovered in beta testing, assuming that the project was started in time and had a proper time line to completion.

on the other hand, stuff thrown together at the last minute without much testing at all, often encounters issues when used in the real world.

Thailand has had 4 months to prepare its Covid vaccination program, so I am sure this falls in the first category. I mean, they did know there is a sizable group of foreigners in this country. They did know that they would need to register for a vaccination. So of course this registration web site has been in development since March.

We will never know what has gone on in the background.

The app was under development since the rollout preparations were started, called Mor Phrom. It wasn't until the app went into use that some fundamental failings came to light. Worked perfectly in the way it should for me, but my wife and several of her family couldn't use it, probably due to an interconnectivity issue. I suspect that someone made the assumption that people would live near the hospital they used, that appeared to be the common factor in the problems I heard about.

It was probably assumed before being used that it would be a fairly straightforward move to modify the app for foreigners but the issues with the Thais probably meant almost back to square one.

It is fairly obvious what has been put out now is a rushed alternative which invariably leads to problems.

It is a bit of a catch 22, on the surface, the simplest thing would have been to just tell foreigners to go to a hospital, but that gives people a job, and possibly one they don't want.

21 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

The Thai authorities will see this as hacking, quite silly to advertise this on twitter with your real name so they can find you and arrest you. Claiming publicly "you are not hacking" is not evidence of you being "not guilty"

expect another silly court case over this, with another farang journalist

Not to mention making Thailand look like a complete fool on the world stage yet once again ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

But you still have to show a passport to getinto the USA, don't you?

Internet security is pretty good these days. I don't mind if anyone gets my passport number and email/address. 

Just sneak across the southern US boarder like everyone else, no passport necessary. US policy is catch and release. 

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

We will never know what has gone on in the background.

The app was under development since the rollout preparations were started, called Mor Phrom. It wasn't until the app went into use that some fundamental failings came to light. Worked perfectly in the way it should for me, but my wife and several of her family couldn't use it, probably due to an interconnectivity issue. I suspect that someone made the assumption that people would live near the hospital they used, that appeared to be the common factor in the problems I heard about.

It was probably assumed before being used that it would be a fairly straightforward move to modify the app for foreigners but the issues with the Thais probably meant almost back to square one.

It is fairly obvious what has been put out now is a rushed alternative which invariably leads to problems.

It is a bit of a catch 22, on the surface, the simplest thing would have been to just tell foreigners to go to a hospital, but that gives people a job, and possibly one they don't want.

The fundamental problem at the root of it all is that they are differentiating between Thai’s and foreigners. We are all human beings are we not?

the same system with a English/thai language switch option would have put all on an equal footing. Whether the system would have worked better is a moot point now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tgw said:

I wish the government would stop to give important programming jobs to students.

You don't know how the system works.

The government gives important programming jobs to large, recognized, long established, professional IT companies.

And the large, recognized, long established, professional IT companies give the job to students or to $9/hour coders residing somewhere around Bangalore for a small fraction of the initial cost.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fdsa said:

You don't know how the system works.

The government gives important programming jobs to large, recognized, long established, professional IT companies.

And the large, recognized, long established, professional IT companies give the job to students or to $9/hour coders residing somewhere around Bangalore for a small fraction of the initial cost.

you mean I have no chance with my 3000 baht/hour rate?

I went on intervac a little after 3pm today Tuesday and sure seemed to get an authentic booking for June 22 at MedPark Hospital Khlong Toey, with Queue number and QR code. Anyone else today have this, or any comment?

Edited by Enzian
typo

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

I went on intervac a little after 3pm today Tuesday and sure seemed to get an authentic booking for June 22 at MedPark Hospital Khlong Toey, with Queue number and QR code. Anyone else today have this, or any comment?

Wow, the 22nd. I was successful last week on Thursday but the only dates were the 24th and the 25th....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow, the 22nd. I was successful last week on Thursday but the only dates were the 24th and tge 25th....

So you are going to wait at least 10 days before applying for your new passport? That's enough time for the dark web forces to start their work.

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So you are going to wait at least 10 days before applying for your new passport? That's enough time for the dark web forces to start their work.

You think I should get it now.........or have you already done it for me with the information that was leaked.  Oh well Som nam na for me I guess.  Good thing I also have dual citizenship in another country.

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow, the 22nd. I was successful last week on Thursday but the only dates were the 24th and tge 25th....

Have to guess it has to do with the number of doses they see allocated and unclaimed when they open the site for the day. It definitely said zero sinovac for that day but 200+ AZ showing. Must change hourly for them.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

That's OK -- from what you say the dark web folks only need the data from one country to start to get credit cards and bank accounts in your  name.

If you only knew..................

I logged in to the website around 3:30 but could find no available days for either of the vaccines at any of the hospitals through Feb. 2022.  Around the same time, someone reported successfully booking a vaccination.  I wonder if there is something wrong with my qualifications. I am over 60 and have checked "No Insurance". I wonder if having insurance is necessary to qualify.  Does anyone know?

22 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

I logged in to the website around 3:30 but could find no available days for either of the vaccines at any of the hospitals through Feb. 2022.  Around the same time, someone reported successfully booking a vaccination.  I wonder if there is something wrong with my qualifications. I am over 60 and have checked "No Insurance". I wonder if having insurance is necessary to qualify.  Does anyone know?

I seem to have succeeded just after 3 today, but the question about insurance came up back when I created my account. I have one of those minimal 850 baht policies from Dhipaya and entered that name but doubt that that matters; they don't ask the limits. Dhipaya is so insignificant that when I registered at Bumrungrad I forgot about it and said I was self-insured. But maybe someone knows.

5 hours ago, Dexxter said:

Yet another reason I would never want to settle permanently in Thailand. Always treated like a person last in line.

Lol, are you sure? You're treated like a person? You must be connected.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:12 PM, Neeranam said:

Yes, but you have to wait. This is the not the safest vaccine from what I hear on the news. 

Astra Zenica is safe I have had two jabs. And so has 75m other people in the UK. I was going to pay for my gik. 

• Like 1

*Deleted post edited out*

If a website is made specifically for foreigners in Thailand to register for a vaccine and that website has a data breach we have every reason to complain to the government and expect it to act urgently and offer an apology.