It gets worse! Thailand Intervac website taken offline after data leak

Jonathan Fairfield

What is the problem?
Intervac seems to be open for consultation to everybody about everybody.
I think it is a social service to inform me that the nice lady living next us has the underlying medical condition called syphilis.

• Haha 1

If ever there was a perfect time for a coup, now would be that time. Not only will have support of entire population, but junta themselves will support it as well.

I wonder if Anutin and Big P, feeling any shame for the circus they have created

14 hours ago, BEngBKK said:

At least it use HTTPS now....

But it took 8 years .... ????

Except  when it  didnt work and you  had  to go  in and do a  physical report they failed to  upload that data into the system so  now you  have to go  back  in again like  I  did yesterday.

FYI....

The Immigration appointment website for Bangkok Immigration is ALSO insecure.  You can see everyone's name, date of birth, passport number...  everything you enter into the site, simply by playing around with the URL string that is returned after submitting information.

There's something seriously wrong a national government can't build a site with simple security.  (Oh, and of course, no SSL on the immigration booking site either, so even accessing the site isn't secure.)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

FYI....

The Immigration appointment website for Bangkok Immigration is ALSO insecure.  You can see everyone's name, date of birth, passport number...  everything you enter into the site, simply by playing around with the URL string that is returned after submitting information.

There's something seriously wrong a national government can't build a site with simple security.  (Oh, and of course, no SSL on the immigration booking site either, so even accessing the site isn't secure.)

You mean they did me a favour by locking me out when I renewed my passport, and they have no way to enter the new PP number unless I leave and comeback?

15 hours ago, masvil said:

Government at work:

"Anyone know how to publish a form on the web?"

"Yes, a friend of my son is good at these things!"

"OK, call him."

I know that can’t be true… because otherwise it wouldn’t have been as shambolic as this ! ???? 

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I must be missing something. This Barrow guy seems like an old busybody. Did he give his bank details or something? 

You haven’t really grasped the concept of ‘symptomatic' ,have you?…neither the implications of leaked data being accumulated. You are rather like the guy who has fallen off a skyscraper heard to say as he passes each floor " so far ,so good " ???? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Hmm, these comments about Thai quality control.

they are related to a website so that people can register for a vaccine made in Thailand.

thank about that for a second.

Not just a vaccination made in Thailand but register for a vaccination of what is available at the time.  Could be Sinovac, AZ, Moderna or JJ, it just depends on what is on hand.  Try again

16 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And as I just said never would I do and trust the registration because of something like this, and then got sad and confused emoji from many people, it has happened. Hahahaha is all is have to say. 

I also noticed on the website that the only locations shown are for people in BKK or you must travel to BKK when you finally get registered, (maybe by next year). So if you live in the south, tough <deleted> for me. 55555

But you still have to show a passport to getinto the USA, don't you?

Internet security is pretty good these days. I don't mind if anyone gets my passport number and email/address. 

I tell you what ,Neeranam - let’s have your ATM card and the PIN number but without the last digit. After all ,I need that number before I can use it,right?…so you’ll be ok.. ???? 

• Like 2

But you still have to show a passport to getinto the USA, don't you?

Internet security is pretty good these days. I don't mind if anyone gets my passport number and email/address. 

Give me them then, my pm's are open.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Not just a vaccination made in Thailand but register for a vaccination of what is available at the time.  Could be Sinovac, AZ, Moderna or JJ, it just depends on what is on hand.  Try again

You are kidding right? How much Moderna or J and J are you expecting in Thailand any time soon?

so that leaves sinovac and AZ. Judging by comments on this forum (anecdotal I know), many farang don’t want sinovac. So a lot will be registering for AZ. And that my friend is made in Thailand.

there, I’m sure you are all caught up now.

15 hours ago, samtam said:

It's up again now, but without any "edit" button, so I cannot even attempt another 3000 times to add in the information that keeps getting dropped...

1) nationality

2) Organisation

3) Province

4) District

5) Sub-district

etc

And all it shows is that I have not completed the data, (I have multiple times), and that I need to "reload". I'm sure there is no rush to fix this, as there is a vaccine shortage, which they have finally admitted. Leave it for a week or so, or until early July (2021).

What is meant by "organisation"? 

• Like 1