It gets worse! Thailand Intervac website taken offline after data leak

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, xr399 said:

How idiotic is the requirement to wear a mask inside your own vehicle while driving with the windows closed???

it is required only if there are 2 or more people in the car.

drive alone :biggrin:

Edited by fdsa

A friend of mine came across the intervac website about a month ago. I had a look and reckoned it was a simple but unsecure data harvester with no apparent links to government or hospitals. My friend did sign up but didn't get anything different with regard to notifications from intervac than he got from the half-dozen institutions he asked individually.

With the opening of government-controlled online booking system, this 'front-end' had something to feed into. When the government-controlled 'back end' was shuttered, so did intervac.

The fact that there's no data security is just a bonus.

The site is now open @ 12.11 and the same issues that I have always faced, not being able to reload data, still exist. Accordingly, no dates are available to me.

I have reported the bug a couple of hours ago. Now there is no edit button, so cannot reload.

When I click on "Change Booking", using any one of the 3 hospitals, with either of the 2 vaccines, no dates come up.

The system has not been fixed.

1660106774_Screenshot(278)_LI.jpg.1fd0ffbcc7d8f120e5a8f50048dbb484.jpg

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, samtam said:

The site is now open @ 12.11 and the same issues that I have always faced, not being able to reload data, still exist. Accordingly, no dates are available to me.

I have reported the bug a couple of hours ago. Now there is no edit button, so cannot reload.

When I click on "Change Booking", using any one of the 3 hospitals, with either of the 2 vaccines, no dates come up.

The system has not been fixed.

It wont be fixed until they come up with more vaccines. According to the vaccination numbers last 2 days Their so called stockpile has run dry. 200,000 in 2 days. Mostly Sinovac. 

1660106774_Screenshot(278)_LI.jpg.1fd0ffbcc7d8f120e5a8f50048dbb484.jpg

Got signed in, only dates accepted at one hospital, but no times, all "Full" out to Feb. 2022.

Reported as a "bugs".

It would be laughable if I were not so "at risk." 

We are happy to pay if available.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, masvil said:

Government at work:

"Anyone know how to publish a form on the web?"

"Yes, a friend of my son is good at these things!"

"OK, call him."

Well, I could point them to a Farang owned and managed IT company in Chiangmai with Thai staff, and therefore relatively low prices,

where the quality assurance and testing is excellent,

because their main customers are European companies with high expectations.

However, their Thai customer base is relatively low:

„paeng maak“, ... do we really need this, ...can you leave this out and make it cheaper, ...

Of cause, then the „friend of my son“ will be loosing out on this deal 555

You can go to the site now but below is only a link to report bugs.

Since the whole site is useless I wouldn't even know where to begin. But I did report that e.g. for my district the following sub-districts one line down do not show the correct ones. One big cl-------ck.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Sorry to squeeze this in but I dunno where to ask. Some farang the other day posted a photo of himself receiving his Covid injection. Anyone know which thread it was on? Reason why I ask is because a  senior nurse at my local hospital refuses to believe farangs are getting the vaccines. Her hospital has a 'no farang' policy.

Go over her head and complain to the provincial health authority. If you have one.

I think that one of the governments kids are making the apps in Thailand.  Its like "my kid Could do That"!  and thats what actually happens.  Probably getting paid millions of baht for the the sloppy work also.

Thailand 3.0, Oh please!

19 minutes ago, aboctok said:

Go over her head and complain to the provincial health authority. If you have one.

Apparently the 'no farang policy' is based on 'only until all Thais have been done first'. She claims that this is being implemented in all of Buriram Province. So how long does farang wait until the last Thai gets done?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

50 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

Well, I could point them to a Farang owned and managed IT company in Chiangmai with Thai staff, and therefore relatively low prices,

where the quality assurance and testing is excellent,

because their main customers are European companies with high expectations.

However, their Thai customer base is relatively low:

„paeng maak“, ... do we really need this, ...can you leave this out and make it cheaper, ...

Of cause, then the „friend of my son“ will be loosing out on this deal 555

Everything on the cheap.

"Made in Thailand"  means Don't buy it'll break soon if it's not already.--No refunds sucker.

21 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And as I just said never would I do and trust the registration because of something like this, and then got sad and confused emoji from many people, it has happened. Hahahaha is all is have to say. 

If you need a vaccine in Thailand you will eventually have to risk it unfortunately.

• Like 1

Today's homepage:

"As a full appointment for vaccination, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at http://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience."

and on /expatriates:

"Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience."

after non-functional registration forms, faulty input validation, blatant data security botch, this is just a bad joke on all levels, and I'm not not even talking about the shortages.

I wish the government would stop to give important programming jobs to students.

I live in Pattaya, what are the options for registering in person or by phone for a vaccine?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You don't apply for a credit card or bank account here in Thailand with a SS card, you use a passport.  So it can be and is a big deal.  Think again.

OK so I did not know that although I would guess at some point they would need issued/expiration dates. A Social Security number is permanent. A passport number is changed with each issue

So assuming your passport number and those who liked your post have submitted their passport number to the Thailand Intervac site, are you now post haste going to apply for a new passport?

BTW for Yanks here is the link to the Passport replacement form -- as long as you still have the undamaged physical passport you don't have to tell them why you want a renewal.

https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds82.pdf

Edited by jerrymahoney

15 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Apparently the 'no farang policy' is based on 'only until all Thais have been done first'. She claims that this is being implemented in all of Buriram Province. So how long does farang wait until the last Thai gets done?

It's probably best to accept what she says. You should avoid going to any higher authorities, they might interfere with the local senior nurse's mandate.

• Like 1