Red Bull Boss: Two police generals among ten senior officials that could face prosecution

webfact

2 hours ago, Norrad said:

It happened on Sukhumvit road in Bangkok which is not a motorway and bike are allowed on it.

Just confirms the stupidity of the post, and not just that point. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Laws are only for lo-so's, don't you know who I am.....

I've heard this statement countless times over the past 20 years here "don't you know who I am.....or do you know who I am?"

It's a very popular statement made by the Thai's and I'm guessing since you used it, you've also heard it coming from the population as well. Gives me a good laugh everytime; as if I'm supposed to care, who they are? I get it's their country, though when they come to ours we still treat them as human beings, and respect their space. I've never felt a need nor known anyone who tried to express that an other should know who they are, other than perhaps "do you know me" or "where have I seen you before?"

3 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

I've heard this statement countless times over the past 20 years here "don't you know who I am.....or do you know who I am?"

It's a very popular statement made by the Thai's and I'm guessing since you used it, you've also heard it coming from the population as well. Gives me a good laugh everytime; as if I'm supposed to care, who they are? I get it's their country, though when they come to ours we still treat them as human beings, and respect their space. I've never felt a need nor known anyone who tried to express that an other should know who they are, other than perhaps "do you know me" or "where have I seen you before?"

Yes. I know who you are. You are a nobody. You might have some cash, but that does not mean you are anyone, to us. 

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

As you so eloquently put it, here is the shortened version....."How much is a life worth in Thailand"

Depends who the victim was, how connected they were and who's paying. 

• Like 1

The Kingdom does not have an open and effective legal system..

Everyone knows it ..

Money is freedom 
Thai people who are poor .. where?

Oh .. sorry and the rich .. pay the police and the Government..

Well done..

Just now, fulviahf said:

The Kingdom does not have an open and effective legal system..

Everyone knows it ..

Money is freedom 
Thai people who are poor .. where?

Oh .. sorry and the rich .. pay the police and the Government..

Well done..

For your people.. 

Just now, Gandtee said:

The suspects have been asked to report to their local police stations by 2030 or they will be given a hard smack on their bottoms!????

"or they will be given a hard smack on their bottoms "   

by there lady friends from the Krystal club in Thonglor who are now touting for business since its closure.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The National Anti-Corruption Commission is preparing an inquiry and possible prosecution against ten senior police and prosecutors for their alleged role in failure to seek justice against Red Bull scion Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya.

It's getting rather boring now... 

• Like 2

So the causing death by recess driving can only be prosecuted until 2027? 

I can see the headlines, "Yesterday the Red Bull Boss embarked on a round the world promotional trip" 

The trip which takes in most of the remote Pacific islands, Antarctica and any other country that does not have an extradition treaty with Thailand is expected to take about 6 years.

Bon Voyage low life!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

If "justice" was hindered by corrupt officials then all charges should not expire ever.

Correct - what is to prevent the "new" enquiry going on for the next 5 or 6 years by which time all charges will be dropped and he will go free to "roam" the streets again? Let's face it, this is just a PR exercise as it has been reported that the public have lost faith in the justice system. 

Similarly to the situations already mentioned where corrupt cops aren't sacked - merely moved to an "inactive post". 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, poskat said:

tomorrows headline:

"Government officials are shocked that two police generals associated with the Boss case cannot be located and may have left the country"

St Tropez,  private yacht, no more  clues.????