Shout out to thai people

SchuetzRob

Apart from some bad experiences with Taxi drivers, all good. Have been given lifts without asking a few times. House struck by lightning and caught fire, by the time i got outside (carrying my baby daughter), neighbours had already put the fire out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a tiny little example, but when I was in Krabi Town during my 2017 trip, I was going down some steps to a shopping mall type place and I slipped and fell on my ass. Instantly, a Thai man was there to help me up. I didn't even see him approach or where he came from.

I have a hard time imagining someone offering help like that in California. In fact, it's far easier for me to imagine someone coming over and video recording the spectacle of me on the ground with their phone.

On 6/15/2021 at 3:47 AM, Excel said:

Normal Thais are the salt of the earth.

Yes, they are. One time many years ago. I broke down late at night at a gas station, several km from my house. A friendly Thai stranger came up to me, we could barely understand each other, but he helped me to move my bike to a friend's house 15 minutes away, who owned a garage.

30 minutes later, they'd fitted some new mechanical parts to my bike at 11PM at night, and charged me some ridiculously small amount like 300 baht. Friendly guy would not accept anything.

Another time I had come off my bike. Another friendly Thai stranger took me to a pharmacy and bought me antiseptic and bandages. He absolutely would not accept my money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2021 at 12:27 PM, jack71 said:

AND abnormal ones (phuket thais) are poison of the earth

Both my stories were Phuket Thais ???? I seem to have been very fortunate in my dealings with Thai people, perhaps it's my ravishing good looks? ????????????

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2021 at 3:27 PM, BusyB said:

OPs experience is by far and away my usual experience in LOS ...

Same here.

I had a blow out one morning heading to work, pulled to the side of the road and got out the spare wheel, jhack and tools.

I was in the process of pulling on  my coveralls  and gloves when A pickup loaded with Thai workers pulled over and insisted they help me change the blown tyre.

All done and dusted they refused a financial reward for their assistance, I had a box of leo in the trunk though and they happily accepted that !!

• Like 2