COVID-19: Thailand reports 40 more deaths and 2,331 new cases

webfact

Of the 2,276 local cases (excluding the cases in prisons & imported cases), the highest numbers by province were 807 in Bangkok followed by 204 in Nonthaburi, 161 in Samut Prakan, 108 in Chonburi and 101 in Samut Sakhon.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1405038088322052109

• Thanks 1

Today there are 40 deaths in #Thailand:

24 males & 16 females

Median age is 63 (34-90 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (20)

Nakhon Pathom (5)

Ayutthaya (4),

Chonburi (2)

Pathum Thani (2)

Samut Prakan (2)

plus 5 provinces with 1 each

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1405037832184295425

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 1: 416,847

DAY 2: 472,128

DAY 3: 336,674

DAY 4: 223,315

DAY 5: 308,012

DAY 6: 108,204

DAY 7: 106,882

DAY 8: 323,060

DAY 9: 269,632 (1st 186,164 + 2nd 83,468)

TOTAL: 2,680,295

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1405041162075836420

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Excel said:

So you admit you have not visited even one hospital yet relying on hearsay  to attempt to make a point belying any factual evidence on your part. 

One data point would tell us nothing. You would see this spill into social media, are you suggesting of all the people visiting hospitals they would all remain tight lipped on it? This is next level conspiracy theory speculation. Foreign agencies would report on it for starters, even if we assume the regime had perfect control of domestic media.

4 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

One data point would tell us nothing. You would see this spill into social media, are you suggesting of all the people visiting hospitals they would all remain tight lipped on it? This is next level conspiracy theory speculation. Foreign agencies would report on it for starters, even if we assume the regime had perfect control of domestic media.

So now you are relying on social media rather than factual reporting ? Is there no end to your nonsense ? Oh dear oh dear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm confused...

Prearrival:

The duration of stay can be less than 14 nights, but travellers must leave Phuket on or before the permit to stay date.

Arrival:

Check-in at the pre-booked SHA Plus-certified accommodation establishment and stay there for no less than 14 nights.

The Department of Health Service Support (HSS) announced this week that it has set five rules for private hospitals to follow when advertising vaccine registrations

• The vaccine brand advertised must be registered and approved by the Thai Food and Drug Administration.

• Hospitals must first seek permission from HSS or provincial health offices before launching vaccine booking campaigns.

• If hospitals take money for advance booking but then cannot deliver the jabs, all booking fees must be returned to people.

More:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002097

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

You do realise that 4 million people represents just 0.05% of the worlds population (and thats in 18 months)

You do realise that around 60 million people die per year normally (every 12 months).

You do realise that the frail, sick, unhealhty people in the world probably runs into hundreds of millions of people.  Amazing Covid only killed 4 million of them so far..........

Do those facts not fit your agenda ?

And of course, how many of those 4 million you quote, would have died anyway in the 18 month period with or without Covid ?? 

They died from covid-19. That will be on their death certificate. Very simple concept to grasp.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Excel said:

So now you are relying on social media rather than factual reporting ? Is there no end to your nonsense ? Oh dear oh dear.

I'll take social media over nothing, which is what you have to back your claims. Or is there factual reporting of this conspiracy, that you have neglected to mention?

9 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

I'll take social media over nothing, which is what you have to back your claims. Or is there factual reporting of this conspiracy, that you have neglected to mention?

So now you are imagining that I stated it was a conspiracy. My my facts aren't your strong point are they ? For your education a conspiracy is defined as a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.. Known or established government policy is neither secret nor unlawful so please stop your drivel . I am quite a patient person but explaining to you facts and for them to be countered by unfactual nonsense supported by hearsay has got to the point where I have to say bye bye, you are now on ignore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, morrobay said:

What's required is wide scale antibody testing. Could be that 25% of Pattaya has had it mildly and never knew it

Yes, might and maybe, sprinkled with perhaps..... this testing process, will it run smoothly like the current vaccination program here?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Not many saying the walk-in numbers are fake,what keeps the walk in numbers low is being imprisoned for 2 weeks if you test positive instead of only hospitalizing those who need it.They are waiting money that could have been spent on vaccines for those vulnerable.The way they are handling this pandemic has been a trough raiding exercise filling the pockets of the rich and you seem to be trying your best to justify this approach.

You want to see those in control of the data to provide data to show you they are providing fake data,good luck with that,even Steven100 no longer defends the tyrant leading this bogus bunch.Just like the road blocks to stop tourists from actually wanting to visit here there are roadblocks erected for testing.The numbers are not fake they are road blocked.

Okay, so the numbers aren’t fake and you don’t like the government.

44 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Both US and UK had hospitals stressed to breaking point. Are you saying this is happening right now in Thailand but not being reported on?

The government is not nearly organized enough to orchestrate a cover up of the magnitude you're suggesting. We heard plenty of scathing reports on handling of the pandemic, reports on overflowing hospitals wouldn't be spared. Sure, deaths are probably higher. We've got no visibility on how much higher though. It is a fact if expats were dropping like flies (one of the higher risk demographics), friends and relatives would have reported it to the media from abroad.

Thailand was at a point of critical shortage of ICU beds in the capital until they opened the massive field hospitals there that included icu facilities and beds

• Like 1

For this to be out of control, would not the hospitals in Bangkok be full with many patients dying?  I'm serious, not being sarcastic, and don't live in Bangkok but I sense this is not the case.  Anyone here work in hospitals?  Is at frantic, a little more busy than usual, or calm?

My biggest issue with Thailand is the lack of communication.  My ex has received 2 shots and is well informed in Buriram but my current GF and myself don't have a clue when we will get vaccinated.  We are less than 200k from Buriram but feel like we are on another planet.

I am in nowhere Thailand and the hospital here is empty yet the town and surrounding area is locked down tight IMO.  I don't know how to look at this current status here.  Seems excessive...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I also know plenty who have had covid, healthy people and unhealthy people, I have known 2 who have died in the UK, but this is not a game of personal experiences, its world statistics and facts. 

Without the measures in place over the last 18 months then most health care systems around the world would have been completely overwhelmed allowing millions more to die and not those who were just with underlying conditions, the elderly or through covid? 

Get a grip on how the real world would have been. These are the real facts.

The real hard facts are that without the intervention of organizations such as WHO, and Governments around the Globe, and the wonders of modern Medicine, procedures, Etc, more Millions of people would have died.

Just as in the Pandemic called ' Spanish Flu " in about 1918, which infected 500 Million people across the World.

Then there were non of the vaccines , procedures and indeed, any of the knowledge that we have today.

36 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

Well thats where it gets all messed up.

There are people who died OF Covid-19 and people who dies WITH Covid-19.

In the UK if you die of a heart attack but were tested positive within 28 days.....you are a Covid 19 death - regardless of whether the heart attack is related to Covid 19 or not.

This is why the figures are so high........its not only people dying OF Covid 19 but also all those WITH Covid 19 as well - all classed as Covid deaths.

Why would you post lies and misinformation here?

if you want to know how the UK sorts out determination of death, it’s right here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877302/guidance-for-doctors-completing-medical-certificates-of-cause-of-death-covid-19.pdf

Your internet friends are lying to you.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand was at a point of critical shortage of ICU beds in the capital until they opened the massive field hospitals there that included icu facilities and beds

Of which several have now been closed..

• Like 1