COVID-19: Thailand reports 40 more deaths and 2,331 new cases

webfact

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The people who say the numbers are fake cannot explain why the Real World supports the published numbers (more or less).

Does the real world support the published numbers or would they rather rely on the excess deaths numbers taken over a 5 year average that are published by transparent governments?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

You do realise that 4 million people represents just 0.05% of the worlds population (and thats in 18 months)

How many do you think would have died without all the measures in place around the world? 4 million x ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, morrobay said:

What's required is wide scale antibody testing. Could be that 25% of Pattaya has had it mildly and never knew it

I don't disagree with that, mass testing gives an exact picture past and present of how widespread the virus is or was - this government have no interest in doing so because it would divert money away from them if they actually had to spend budgets on what they were approved for 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If hospital ICU's get overwhelmed, that's something that the government can't hide. Maybe if this were North Korea, they might have a shot at it. But it isn't, so they don't.

So in your mind all people infected with covid should be ICU cases ?  Sincerely hope not nor statically will they be, but the millions upon millions who are most probably infected in this country, yet due to farcical testing or lack of it are fortunately not serious cases. But they can still pass it on.  Yet still the government withholds real figures and denies appropriate testing to identify those so your argument holds no water.. In fact as you quoted North Korea  perhaps they have done more for their own people than this corrupt and incompetent administration will ever do for the Thai people, apart form those that support it of course.  In fact 50 years ago many were saying just the same about communist Cuba yet they have one of the best health schemes in the world for its citizens, in fact it ranks 33rd out of 191. So those stale old pathetic arguments to protect a pathetic lying Thai regime are well worn out.

Edited by Excel

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

One things for certain the real numbers are not displayed above

And now it looks as if the Prison numbers are for some reason starting to decline in rapid fashion.

The Dept of Corrections is keeping very quiet about everything at the moment.

Number of Infected Prisons, Numbers in each Etc.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And now it looks as if the Prison numbers are for some reason starting to decline in rapid fashion.

because the virus has been raging in prisons for months unreported - that means that 90% of long term inmates have either had it and survived or died, a few weeks ago they declared a prison in Changmai as 90% of all inmates had already had the virus and they had achieved their target of herd immunity - so it was an undisclosed plan that has been going on for months, only testing all inmates for either the virus or antibodies would reveal the real picture and that goes for the general population too.

• Like 1

Opinion: Thailand must get “Phuket sandbox” completely right

Phuket is set to open its doors to foreign tourists on July 1. For the country, it will be a cathartic experience to see foreign tourists and foreign income after over a year of closed borders.

The government is making preparations to ensure the maximum amount of safety for both Phuket residents and the rest of the country. The population of Phuket is being inoculated, checkpoints are being manned, and systems are being implemented to stop free travel between the island and the rest of the country. (Read more here)

While the number of incoming tourists may be low for the first few months, if it works then the “sandbox” model will be implemented in other islands throughout the rest of the country.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28601/opinion-thailand-must-get-phuket-sandbox-completely-right/

6 schools in #Thailand’s northern province of Phitsanulok have been ordered to close until further notice, after only one day of school reopening for the new school term, when the parents of a student and a technician were found with #COVID19. Read more: https://bit.ly/2SBRYTm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Cases from hospital walk-ins tell us something about future numbers. Do you think those walk-in numbers are fake?

More to the point, based on recent numbers, I expect near term infections to range somewhere around 2,500 cases. I don’t expect anything like 5,000 or 10,000, based on the data we have now. If the government numbers were manufactured, hospitals would be jammed, because most symptomatic individuals can get into a hospital sooner or later, if they want to. More real cases = more hospital admissions.

For me to believe the government figures are fake, I would have to see data that doesn’t support the government figures.

So you think hospitals not "jammed" if they have to make many extra field hospital?

If over 38000 people are already getting treatment now , how many haddle symptons in home?

And if 50% of covid cases are whitout symtoms , there is at least 38000 people who spread virus all the time! So your "around" numbers dont tell nothing! Only testing will tell!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

6 schools in #Thailand’s northern province of Phitsanulok have been ordered to close until further notice, after only one day of school reopening for the new school term, when the parents of a student and a technician were found with #COVID19. Read more: https://bit.ly/2SBRYTm

Well that went well. Perhaps people really have ben bamboozled by the regime that there is only a small level of infection nationwide and hence opening up without adequate levels of vaccinations is no problem ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

EXACTLY as predicted from the beginning of this outbreak...we would reach a plateau of case numbers that simply reflects inadequate testing rather than reality.

Unfortunately with this version of the virus it will not be possible to bury the true extent under the mirage provided by low testing.

The numbers first hit 2000 almost 2 months ago. If there was something happening that couldn't be hidden, we would have most assuredly seen it by now.

Go look at how long it took for deaths to explode in UK in the past. It was far less than two months. The death count is likely to be higher than reported, but not outrageously so.

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Ouch, that's gotta hurt the rest of the districts nationwide I would venture to guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacob29 said:

The numbers first hit 2000 almost 2 months ago. If there was something happening that couldn't be hidden, we would have most assuredly seen it by now.

Go look at how long it took for deaths to explode in UK in the past. It was far less than two months. The death count is likely to be higher than reported, but not outrageously so.

As a private individual living under a controlling regime how would you have seen it ? You visit all hospitals in Thailand or is that just an imaginary assumption based on no factual knowledge whatsoever ?

• Like 1

At Nakhon Ratchasima, about 30 people unrelated to the designated vaccination group went to Suranaree University of Technology Hospital to get jabs before the others, according to the source.

Reports of VIPs jumping the Covid-19 vaccine queue

As vaccinations around the country lag behind targets, questions are being asked about queue-jumping in Nakhon Ratchasima, Bangkok and Samut Prakan.

https://prachatai.com/english/node/9298

• Like 1

deaths appear to be increasing on a daily basis and yet the "disorganized" government keeps postponing vaccination, a complete fiasco,   I do see a roller coaster at the end of the tunnel  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What lockdowns are those?

I've been on island for few months and back to bkk Monday. Didn't know what to expect. So yesterday went to a private hospital for bloods etc. MRT followed by Airport line. Also walking past street good etc etc

Evening my gf had hair done followed by group drink and food outside Salon 3 doors up from our condo, back home 11pm.

From my balcony the noodle shop in front 7/11 full. No spare seats, evening.

I was interested to see how Bangkok in 'lockdown' would look ...,.this ain't a lockdown. Not even close. Yes schools shut etc.

BTW cluster in my street a week ago.

I was referring to "lockdowns" in general.  Of course, Thailand hasn't had any proper type of lockdown, even in Bangkok.  I've been going into work continuously, as have most of the workers I commute with, and it's really only schools and bars (now that parks & salons have reopened) that have been properly closed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

and on it will go for months to come until the economic devastation is totally complete. 

Are you suggesting it's avoidable? Yes they can improve contact tracing, doesn't fully solve the issue as shown in Korea and Taiwan, and seems a little unrealistic to expect Thailand to maintain a similar standard as these developed nations.

24 minutes ago, anchadian said:

How ridiculous.  Is that going to happen whenever anyone at a school tests positive?  They may as well shut down schools permanently!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

It's truly astounding how big a piece of **** you have to be to not only say that the virus isn't a big deal because ONLY 4 million people have OFFICIALLY died from covid, but to also claim that if someone is more severely impacted due to not being the picture of health, they deserve it and it's god's will

There's unfortunately been a lot of horrific posts I've read in my short time here, but that absolutely takes the cake

Mods, PLEASE don't remove it.  Everybody should have the chance to see what sort of sociopath they're posting with here

The ignore button is your friend. Use it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Excel said:

As a private individual living under a controlling regime how would you have seen it ? You visit all hospitals in Thailand or is that just an imaginary assumption based on no factual knowledge whatsoever ?

The post I was replying to said they won't be able to bury it, you should be asking them..

One doesn't need to personally visit all hospitals, as any significant excess will spill over into any hospital that has capacity. Visiting one would be sufficient, and I know several people who have attended hospitals in the past month (some hospitalized for covid).

Edited by jacob29

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1405036831587008516

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Wednesday:

Since 1 April 2021

175,732 people infected (+29 imported cases & +2,302 local cases)

1,431 dead +40

35,405 in care

1,306 in ICU. 364 on ventilators

4,947 discharged from care

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

The post I was replying to said they won't be able to bury it, you should be asking them..

One doesn't need to personally visit all hospitals, as any significant excess will spill over into any hospital that has capacity. Visiting one would be sufficient, and I know several people who have attended hospitals in the past month (some hospitalized for covid).

So you admit you have not visited even one hospital yet relying on hearsay  to attempt to make a point belying any factual evidence on your part.