COVID-19: Thailand reports 40 more deaths and 2,331 new cases

webfact

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The real hard facts are that without the intervention of organizations such as WHO, and Governments around the Globe, and the wonders of modern Medicine, procedures, Etc, more Millions of people would have died.

Just as in the Pandemic called ' Spanish Flu " in about 1918, which infected 500 Million people across the World.

Then there were non of the vaccines , procedures and indeed, any of the knowledge that we have today.

Indeed, government estimates and studies predict the minimum of 40 million people would have died and thats just from covid. The other problem of course would be that there would have been the likes of India, Brazil, Mexico, Italy all happening in each country at the same time, a true world nightmare

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

You did notice I said the capital (Bangkok) and they are certainly not closed unlike your eyes

I read a lot of things in April about potential shortages and now nothing.  Might just be missing the data.  Everybody seems to have their infection/death numbers and doesn't consider anything else.

Are the hospital ICU beds close to capacity and people dying.  Maybe they are.   I'm not a large consumer of Thai news but the little I see is not too worrisome. News outlets love death which is why I think it isn't happening.  If I were in Bangkok, I would stub my toe and go to the hospital. If busy turn around and go home.

Brian, are you from BK?

1 hour ago, Excel said:

I am quite a patient person but explaining to you facts and for them to be countered by unfactual nonsense supported by hearsay has got to the point where I have to say bye bye, you are now on ignore.

Thanks.

For posterity, anyone caring to trace the comment history of Excel will see no facts whatsoever were presented by them, let alone explained or clarified.

1 minute ago, jacob29 said:

Disingenuous to bring up Bangkok specifically in the first place, when it's pretty clear wider Thailand is the topic at hand.

The epicenter of the pandemic is Bangkok, it is clearly the topic, your deflection fails again

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I read a lot of things in April about potential shortages and now nothing.  Might just be missing the data.  Everybody seems to have their infection/death numbers and doesn't consider anything else.

Are the hospital ICU beds close to capacity and people dying.  Maybe they are.   I'm not a large consumer of Thai news but the little I see is not too worrisome. News outlets love death which is why I think it isn't happening.  If I were in Bangkok, I would stub my toe and go to the hospital. If busy turn around and go home.

Brian, are you from BK?

The icu field hospitals were built so the Bangkok Hospitals stress did not get to breaking point, thats the situation and remains so unless you've heard of anything different?

I don't think its possible to go and stub your toe in any covid icu ward, be that a normal hospital or a field hospital.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

The icu field hospitals were built so the Bangkok Hospitals stress did not get to breaking point, thats the situation and remains so unless you've heard of anything different?

I don't think its possible to go and stub your toe in any covid icu ward, be that a normal hospital or a field hospital.

OK understood and to answer your question,  I've heard nothing which is the point of my post.  Wish someone that worked in a hospital would chime in.  Not being confrontational, but if you visited a hospital you could ask around and even going into the lobby would tell you quite a lot.  I'm an idiot that has spent too much time in ICU units and know that they are not an island within the hospital.   Not that simple but I doubt the hospital ICU units are full because it would be hard to hide the dead.  Possible yes and probable for many.

Remember at the beginning of the pandemic in the USA and Europe?  Constant news footage of exhausted hospital staff and this was well before it got real bad.  Different here possibly.

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Indeed, government estimates and studies predict the minimum of 40 million people would have died and thats just from covid. The other problem of course would be that there would have been the likes of India, Brazil, Mexico, Italy all happening in each country at the same time, a true world nightmare

Is a double edged sword, how many daily dies because of hunger? and how many more will die due to lost jobs, lost home because of big inflation thats already on horizon from the last quarter of this year. Those people who died from Covid-19 had average 2.9 heavy diseases (diabetes,cancer,heart and lungs diseases etc...)  , an ordinary flu could finish that population off. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NB1986 said:

Is a double edged sword, how many daily dies because of hunger? and how many more will die due to lost jobs, lost home because of big inflation thats already on horizon from the last quarter of this year. Those people who died from Covid-19 had average 2.9 heavy diseases (diabetes,cancer,heart and lungs diseases etc...)  , an ordinary flu could finish that population off. 

Would you be willing to toss a coin?

8 minutes ago, atpeace said:

OK understood and to answer your question,  I've heard nothing which is the point of my post.  Wish someone that worked in a hospital would chime in.  Not being confrontational, but if you visited a hospital you could ask around and even going into the lobby would tell you quite a lot.  I'm an idiot that has spent too much time in ICU units and know that they are not an island within the hospital.   Not that simple but I doubt the hospital ICU units are full because it would be hard to hide the dead.  Possible yes and probable for many.

Remember at the beginning of the pandemic in the USA and Europe?  Constant news footage of exhausted hospital staff and this was well before it got real bad.  Different here possibly.

It is well reported that ICU's were at critical level, that cannot be disputed, its also well reported that the ICU Field Hospitals were built to relieve the stress, that also cannot be disputed. Do you really think going into the deserted lobby of a hospital that has ICU wards and covid wards that cannot be accessed will do you any good.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

The epicenter of the pandemic is Bangkok, it is clearly the topic, your deflection fails again

If the authorities are containing this massively under reported growth in Bangkok, without provincial travel restrictions, then props to them.

If someone in the know saw the wheels coming off in Bangkok, desperate to cover it up, would it be wise to close up the provincial capacity. Is this logical? Granted the administration doesn't always make logical moves - though apparently they are assumed to be very competent at cover ups.

To be clear, I'm talking about gross under reporting here, like 10x or more (something way out of line with the natural death rate). I would expect under reporting of 2-3x range to be possible even without malicious intent.

20 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

If the authorities are containing this massively under reported growth in Bangkok, without provincial travel restrictions, then props to them.

If someone in the know saw the wheels coming off in Bangkok, desperate to cover it up, would it be wise to close up the provincial capacity. Is this logical? Granted the administration doesn't always make logical moves - though apparently they are assumed to be very competent at cover ups.

To be clear, I'm talking about gross under reporting here, like 10x or more (something way out of line with the natural death rate). I would expect under reporting of 2-3x range to be possible even without malicious intent.

I see you've moved the goal posts then. Yes they are doing a great job in containing much of it with their bubble and seal in Bangkok and some other provinces, inhumane but works in the short term. The problem is not everyone is in bubble and seal.

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, NB1986 said:

Those who lost jobs, houses all over Thailand would toss for sure now when they see the outcome. 

I'm sure, I know many of them, I come from Phuket where the tourist industry is in shatters and they all say the same, the government should have locked down at or before Songkran

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

The Department of Disease Control took delivery of 600,000 doses of the Thai-made AstraZeneca vaccine on Wednesday, Anutin said. Another million will follow Friday. The majority were to go to the elderly and people with any of seven designated underlying conditions

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1405089289554128901

More than a quarter of large factories fail online appraisal

More than a quarter of large factories that have completed an online evaluation did not pass the standard for mandatory measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Wednesday.

Of the 2,239 large factories, defined as any with more than 200 workers, that have joined the government’s Thai Stop Covid Plus platform, 656 fell short, according to an online check by authorities.

The measures included temperature screening, check-in and check-out systems, social distancing, crowding prevention, as well as cleanliness across shared facilities, touch points, shared transportation and living facilities.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28616/more-than-a-quarter-of-large-factories-fail-online-appraisal/

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, NB1986 said:

You are comparing influenza with Covid19, which is an ancient Denier trope.

Perhaps you could explain your theory to the Indians.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Department of Disease Control took delivery of 600,000 doses of the Thai-made AstraZeneca vaccine on Wednesday, Anutin said. Another million will follow Friday. The majority were to go to the elderly and people with any of seven designated underlying conditions

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1405089289554128901

I can believe that more vaccine is being delivered. But how long before we see pictures of healthy young people being vaccinated.

Phuket is still champing at the bit to get to it’s 70% target and is way way short. So pretty sure a big dollop will go to those healthy workers. And then there is the priority group of “Bangkok”, remember the advert  for those between the ages 18 and 59 to register, they are all waiting to have their appointment filled.

Whether any of the other so called “priority” groups make it ahead of the truly at risk, we will see. But I recall Muay Thai trainers claiming to be a priority group, no doubt Koh Samui and the islands who want to activate their sealed route with Phuket and now there is pattaya wanting in for 900k doses for its urgent need to open.

I guess at risk groups in rural provinces will get a look in. Not so sure it will be a majority.

Edited by wensiensheng

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

It is well reported that ICU's were at critical level, that cannot be disputed, its also well reported that the ICU Field Hospitals were built to relieve the stress, that also cannot be disputed. Do you really think going into the deserted lobby of a hospital that has ICU wards and covid wards that cannot be accessed will do you any good.

Ok Brian. I guess it is undisputable.  Help me please and provide some or any link of ICU's in rhe month of June at full or even near full capacity. Im sure you are correct and am interested. 

You seem to be better informed. 

Just now, atpeace said:

Ok Brian. I guess it is undisputable.  Help me please and provide some or any link of ICU's in rhe month of June at full or even near full capacity. Im sure you are correct and am interested. 

You seem to be better informed. 

Why would they be now? That was the whole point of providing ICU field hospitals to avoid that situation happening again. Logic my friend.

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why would they be now? That was the whole point of providing ICU field hospitals to avoid that situation happening again. Logic my friend.

Wow, you are a miserable bloke. At least you are always  undeniably right 100% of the time.

Edited by atpeace
  • Confused 1

On 6/16/2021 at 8:16 AM, webfact said:

Thailand on Wednesday (June 16) reported 2,331 new COVID-19 cases and 40 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

● 2,305 new infections
● 26 prison / prison infections

● Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 204,595 with 1,525 deaths.

Dear Admin, why do you bother posting figures that have no relevance. 2,305 new infections. No proactive testing anywhere. This figure means absolutely nothing. And it’s getting boring.

1 minute ago, bluedoc said:

Dear Admin, why do you bother posting figures that have no relevance. 2,305 new infections. No proactive testing anywhere. This figure means absolutely nothing. And it’s getting boring.

Because the numbers predict future numbers of infections, which then predict hospital occupancy rates.  And future fatalities. 

Edited by Danderman123

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Breaking news; 

National speech by Prayut right now on all television channels.  Sounds like he has removed quarantine fir all international travelers who have been vaccinated and can prove it with a vaccine passport.  

Very interesting.

Can't be true. The small print will be travelers to Phuket. Still need stay designated hotels but free to travel around Phuket. Something of that nature.

Oh the small print was 120 days.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1