Covid has been a Godsend

bert bloggs

On 6/20/2021 at 11:50 AM, Swiss1960 said:

Your are correct. "God-sent" would be 3.8 BILLION deaths, not 3.8 million... would also solve a lot of earthly problems like over-population, food and water shortages, wars over space and resources, climate change, waste... the list could go on forever, just because we "replicate" too much...

I wonder how some deal with flu which causes loads of death every year, malaria which does likewise, and even simple bad water which kills loads of children every year.

That's not even getting into such things as war, which killed over 50 million last century, and famine.

Corona is a non starter compared to the 1918 pandemic which really killed a lot of people.

• Sad 1

On 6/19/2021 at 1:47 PM, RichardColeman said:

and they will probably dig up all the roads again later to do the drainage laying next to the pipes

Your response to this topic seems a bit muted compared to previous. ???? And there has been a marked improvement in drainage of late, not perfect I am sure but better. 

BTW ref your new manager,is it true that a mix up was later reported.? Apparently when asked where he was from, his reply was

Athens

I am Athenian

Asking for a friend. 

On 6/20/2021 at 6:50 AM, Swiss1960 said:

Your are correct. "God-sent" would be 3.8 BILLION deaths, not 3.8 million... would also solve a lot of earthly problems like over-population, food and water shortages, wars over space and resources, climate change, waste... the list could go on forever, just because we "replicate" too much...

Make a calculation and you will find out that the world isn't over populated . If you give every person in the world a 100 square meters you will not even fill the state alaska . So in fact the world isn't overpopulated , just saying . The problem is the deviding of the wealth that makes people poor and hungry . And about the climate change , more people die of cold weather then of heat so the warming up of the earth is also less of a point then you think . And there is more ice on the world then ever before . 

• Thanks 1

Yes, I think it has kicked some ass and taken names, as our American friends might say, but in some very beneficial ways.

A lot of innovation and tech progress has leapt forward, and a lot of old school ideas dying, they depart reluctantly, but the force of change is now irresistible.

On 6/19/2021 at 1:47 PM, RichardColeman said:

and they will probably dig up all the roads again later to do the drainage laying next to the pipes

Was thinking that, no money to be made by the contractors doing it right the 1st (or 53rd) time...... next year all will be dug and replaced once again.

On 6/19/2021 at 3:26 PM, Ventenio said:

Covid Deaths

Deeply negatively affecting HUNDREDS of millions (family, friends, etc...).  Billions worried......

How many died alone?  

And you call this a "Godsend"?????????

Easily the most insensitive post I've even seen here......should be closed.

My opinion on your response is: YOU are probably the person on here without any sense of humor but most narrow minded...

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 9:16 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

Make a calculation and you will find out that the world isn't over populated . If you give every person in the world a 100 square meters you will not even fill the state alaska . So in fact the world isn't overpopulated , just saying . The problem is the deviding of the wealth that makes people poor and hungry . And about the climate change , more people die of cold weather then of heat so the warming up of the earth is also less of a point then you think . And there is more ice on the world then ever before . 

Tell that to the indigenous people of the Amazon, where deforestation is dramatically increasing.

The land mass may not be overpopulated, but most people live in certain areas, and those areas are definitely overpopulated.

Overpopulation doesn't refer to the number of living people per se, but the capacity of an area to sustain the people living in it. Many areas are not able, hence the hordes of illegal immigrants heading to Europe and the US.

The world could carry many billions more, as long as we were happy to eat seaweed and insects, and live in toxic cities.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tell that to the indigenous people of the Amazon, where deforestation is dramatically increasing.

The land mass may not be overpopulated, but most people live in certain areas, and those areas are definitely overpopulated.

Overpopulation doesn't refer to the number of living people per se, but the capacity of an area to sustain the people living in it. Many areas are not able, hence the hordes of illegal immigrants heading to Europe and the US.

The world could carry many billions more, as long as we were happy to eat seaweed and insects, and live in toxic cities.

Didn't i say the same thing ?? Deviding the wealth is what makes people poor and hungry that's why there are a lot of illegal immigrants heading to Europe and the US . Many of wich are gold diggers and just want to live of the wealth of others for free and come from safe countries that are run by people like Mr P does here . If the wealth of the world would be devided better people wouldn't need to live of eating seaweed and insects . 

On 6/23/2021 at 10:32 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

Didn't i say the same thing ?? Deviding the wealth is what makes people poor and hungry that's why there are a lot of illegal immigrants heading to Europe and the US . Many of wich are gold diggers and just want to live of the wealth of others for free and come from safe countries that are run by people like Mr P does here . If the wealth of the world would be devided better people wouldn't need to live of eating seaweed and insects . 

I didn't mention the poor and hungry in the post you quoted.

All countries could support their own citizens if they didn't keep having more children than they can support as adults. The solution is in education and contraception to reduce the birth rate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I didn't mention the poor and hungry in the post you quoted.

All countries could support their own citizens if they didn't keep having more children than they can support as adults. The solution is in education and contraception to reduce the birth rate.

Problem is, in many countries, Thailand the same, your children are your retirement fund. 

Only have one or two children, and you starve when you are too old to work.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Problem is, in many countries, Thailand the same, your children are your retirement fund. 

Only have one or two children, and you starve when you are too old to work.  

I fully agree with your post but also the post you replied to. I'm still thinking about the turn Cn made in the matter of 1 child / family.. 

6 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

I fully agree with your post but also the post you replied to. I'm still thinking about the turn Cn made in the matter of 1 child / family.. 

Many poorer countries have no welfare system, particularly for the elderly.  Make you wonder that if some of these countries would spend a little in welfare, it would unlock more wealth in the younger generations and expand their economy. 

For the record, I don't mean like many western countries, when the welfare system is abused.    

On 6/19/2021 at 1:33 PM, bert bloggs said:

Actually i just wrote that headline to get you looking at the post,i dont mean it in a bad way ,but covid has allowed the authorities to upgrade the pipe system for water and for the water supplies to not run out,i dread to think what it would have been like in normal times,what are your thoughts?

It would have been nice if they could have resurfaced the roads properly. As it is, they have made the roads more dangerous, where many of the drain grids have actually become shallow potholes. Now many of the roads have become obstacle courses for motorcyclists, causing them to swerve left and right more than they ever have.

On 6/26/2021 at 2:36 PM, jomtienisgood said:

Hasn't made any difference, apparently. I saw a doco on, I think, Al Jazeera or BBC. Chinese saying it was too expensive to have more than one , and women want a career and not children ( like, I believe, also in Singapore and Japan ).

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hasn't made any difference, apparently. I saw a doco on, I think, Al Jazeera or BBC. Chinese saying it was too expensive to have more than one , and women want a career and not children ( like, I believe, also in Singapore and Japan ).

That seems to be correct..

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Maybe in the years to come we will see mothers leaving their children with the father and taking off.  The opposite to what has been common in the past where the father takes off.  

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 11:46 AM, spidermike007 said:

Covid could only be considered a Godsend by someone so out of touch, so oblivious to the woes of the planet, so self absorbed, so as to not consider the nearly 4 million dead, the millions of lives wrecked by the economic shutdown, the millions of lives devastated by the willful sabotage of the tourism industry here, and the millions of businesses lost permanently, worldwide. What can one say?

Well there is that of course. The other side of the coin is that it has allowed the local authority to carry out repairs, maintenance and improvements. And there have been some reductions in rent, massage and bar prices. 

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 5:32 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

Yes they could learn correct English and thus boost literacy levels. 

I have eaten seaweed in restaurants I thought it was good. 

Thais enjoy eating insects. And rats. 

Edited by rott

10 minutes ago, rott said:

Yes they could learn correct English and thus boost literacy levels. 

I have eaten seafood in restaurants I thought it was good. 

Thais enjoy eating insects. And rats. 

It's not because you can read Shakespeare you can cook.... What's wrong with insects ( future world food ) and rats??? 

• Haha 1