Thai PM urges all to do their utmost to make reopening of Thailand possible in October

webfact

5 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

No, I think he want's us to sleep with them on? You do your part by giving us the best vaccines even if they cost a arm and a leg and we will do our part, to wear these hard to breathe masks.

Hard to breath......?? You asthmatic or have COPD or other ailment?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, madmitch said:

No surprise ther as Superpoll results always seem to have 90% support of the Government. It's like they interview the same people every time.

I think they use the same number generator for the poll results as they do for the daily Covid infection figures.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Mass vaccination is the only solution to opening for International Tourism.

That's all they got left now that they have killed off all domestic tourism to the Island. The sandbox is looking more like a litter box thanks to these idiots and their bright ideas. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

If I was looking for a place to holiday, and saw that sign, that would be enough for me to cancel any plans to come to the Land of Masks. 

Personally, in these times, I would not be deterred by the need to wear a mask in some situations and places....  although sat moderately isolated on a breezy beach would not be one of them.....  I would like to see beach scroungers and hawkers removed and a few remaining ones to be masked. 

More important might be what else is open to me, like bars and restaurants and tours.... and if partaking of any tours,  would there be safety measures... I don't want to be packed into a long tail boat close with other nationalities, and no masks. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

86.9% hailed the plan as well-thought out and clear, which will help boost confidence in the reopening of the country.

Sorry, what "plan" was that?

It's a brilliant plan, if you think it through... for him anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Personally, in these times, I would not be deterred by the need to wear a mask in some situations and places....  although sat moderately isolated on a breezy beach would not be one of them.....  I would like to see beach scroungers and hawkers removed and a few remaining ones to be masked. 

More important might be what else is open to me, like bars and restaurants and tours.... and if partaking of any tours,  would there be safety measures... I don't want to be packed into a long tail boat close with other nationalities, and no masks. 

"close with other nationalities"  a wording so thoughtful today

Edited by thurien

2 minutes ago, WineOh said:

So everyone else must do their bit for the good of the nation whilst those in power smuggle heroin and murder political activists abroad?

Is this a new level of hypocritical that I have yet to hear about???

What's your game buddy?

you on the Junta's payroll or something?

Focus @WineOh, focus...

1. Order Pfizer Vaccines in Jan 2021

2. Order Moderna Vaccines in Feb 2021

3. Order J&J Vaccines in March 2021

Pfizer vaccines arrive in May 2021-vaccinations start

Moderna Vaccines arrive in June 2021-vaccinations ramp up

J&J vaccines arrive in July 2021-vaccinations now are in full ramp up

Along with the AZ vaccines a truly massive vaccination program starts in June-July 2021 where more than 50% of the population is vaccinated by September 2021.  Then and only then October 2021 has a realistic chance of happening.  

Based upon the current status of vaccine deliveries, orders and inoculations a more realistic date for any type of safe opening could be December or January 2022 or later.  

Big deal if 70% are vaccinated in Phuket?  People will leave Phuket and travel the rest of the country where vaccination rates are substantially less.  This could cause clusters or outbreaks.  Vaccines are not 100% effective.  Just yesterday a member of the Ugandan Olympic delegation tested positive after arriving in Tokyo for the Olympics.  The Ugandan delegation had been vaccinated(news report did not indicate what vaccines were given to the Ugandan delegation?).  

5 hours ago, djayz said:

When are these shots arriving? Do the peasants have a choice of vaccination? When are the expats living here going to be able to register for their jabs? When are those pesky expats actually going to get their shots? Lots of waffle, but nothing to back it up. 

With an attitude like yours (referring to Thai nationals as Peasants) I would hope it is a very long time before you get vaccinated.  

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

The biggest fly in this ointment is Sinovac which has proven to provide no protection against the Delta variant originating in India. Indonesia just discovered this the hard way when healthcare workers who were inoculated with Sinivac contracted the Delta variant. Thailand has put a lot of eggs in the Sinovac basket. AstraZeneca is now in further disrepute as countries like Canada will no longer use it. I for one will wait for the private clinics to get their supplies of Moderna or Pfizer and won't allow my loved one to get Sinovac or AZ , free or not.

Edited by Xbeemer

Plan all you like you odious little man BUT you need to vaccinate vaccinate vaccinate so that means find it buy it inject it hmmmm !

Even maybe ask the people who are making it here to pull their fingers out 

Other than the above shortages of vaccines a totally spiffing plan

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Venom said:

That's all they got left now that they have killed off all domestic tourism to the Island. The sandbox is looking more like a litter box thanks to these idiots and their bright ideas. 

Or very selective vaccination when supplies are limited.