Thai PM urges all to do their utmost to make reopening of Thailand possible in October

webfact

Just now, Danderman123 said:

You do understand that the virus travels on water droplets, right?

You do understand that it's also airborne and it doesn't need to be in water droplets.What makes you think it needs to be in water droplets?

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If you can breath the holes in the mask won't stop the virus entering or leaving. 

Yes they will.... the holes are very small!

We have been through this discussion  here.....

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has reiterated his intention to open Thailand fully to foreign visitors in the next 120 days, or within October, and is urging everyone to do their best to achieve that goal.

I can think of one pretty good way of achieving that goal.... and it does involve him.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yes they will.... the holes are very small!

We have been through this discussion  here.....

So you think that all the air that passes in and out of your lungs passes through the material of your surgical mask and not though the sides?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You do understand that it's also airborne and it doesn't need to be in water droplets.What makes you think it needs to be in water droplets?

Let’s cut to the chase: do you think that face masks are ineffective in preventing transmission of the virus?

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

So you think that all the air that passes in and out of your lungs passes through the material of your surgical mask and not though the sides?

The leakage is minimal on exhaling if worn correctly, and reduces  further on inhaling.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

How to Uninspire People - Playbook Chapter 1.

"don't", "unattainable" and "I".

Buffoon.

"We can, and we will, attain this goal"

I guess that’s what you learn in a backwater military and an extremely hierarchical society. You can say what you like and be as inept as is possible and all you will get back is obedient smiles and nodding. 

something does not sound right.

50 million vaccinated with first dosage does not offer full protection until you get the second dosage.

How can anybody consider safe with just one dosage of the vaccine? even to vaccinate 50 million first dosage of Thais by October, you need to inject  450k people per day . assuming and assuming there is a constant supply of vaccine.

Comparing to other countries having an unlimited supply of vaccines. the number has been around 150k per day.- you are looking at a 333 days to inject 50million one dosage. and another 333 days for the 2nd dosage.

unless, nobody will be bother go and get the 2nd shot.

My mathematic estimation look like it will take1-2 years to fully vaccinate 50 million people.  and I hope that they can do better but 120 days is totally optimistic

the 2nd question is : are fully vaccinated tourist considered safe to enter Thailand.? so why is the major concern with ?

Note the caveat in that quoted positive numbers poll on reopening:  '...after at least 50 million Thais have received their first vaccine dose...'.   How are we doing so far?  Meanwhile, has the PM been doing his 'utmost' to secure vaccines now, not next year, and from everywhere and not just China?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The leakage is minimal on exhaling if worn correctly, and reduces  further on inhaling.

Try getting a surgical mask and put it over a tap and seal it around the tap with your hand and turn on the tap with a gentle flow and watch the water flow though the material of the mask and then tell me how effective it is at stopping water droplets.Try putting your hand in front of the mask when you sneeze as see how wet your hand gets have you tried anything to test how effective these things are for yourself?

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

He keeps talking about things I just want to know where can I go to get vaccinated I think this virus has been around now 14 months I’d really like to know what is the actual percent of foreigners I’ve been able to get vaccinated it’s a joke TiT

This very forum carried the instructions on how farangs can register for the free vaccinations. It is online and easy to do. The info that was missing here though was the Moderna registration (3800 baht) which we all registered for in my household and have our queue numbers. They only opened 1m spaces and it was full within 48 hours. They may make the target (so far they vaccinated 5.4m) as many employers are forcing Thais to get Sinovac/Sinofarm or get fired.

1 hour ago, Dialemco said:

Mass vaccination is the only solution to opening for International Tourism. Premature opening before vaccination could be a disaster and delay opening until well into next year. At least it is now accepted that many unregistered Thai's previously employed in tourism industry are suffering severe hardship without any help from the Government

Sorry, you need to explain me what fully vaccinated and safe tourists has anything to do  with the mass vaccination of Thai citizen.

Us  has been vaccinated and we can move around between unvaccinated people. We do not seem to get the virus nor do we infect others.

PFizer and Moderna are 90% efficient. so why fully vaccinated people need quarantine.? they are safe and will not infect others.

mass vaccination is for the safety of the Thai people and not the safe tourists .

“We do the job with a clear target,” he said, as he predicted that there may be some disruptions, such as delayed vaccine deliveries, the possible emergence of new variants or other factors. Meanwhile, 91.4% of respondents to an opinion poll, conducted by Super Poll, said they agree with the government’s plan to reopen Thailand, in parallel with proper disease controls, after at least 50 million Thais have received their first vaccine dose.

The target was clear some time ago.  Unfortunately, the initial reaction to procure vaccine is responsible for the current situation.

A recent report from The UK detailed the cost in GBP of procuring vaccines per dose:

Moderna        - 28

Pfizer               - 15

Astrazeneca  -  3

So far, more than 42 million people have had a first vaccine dose - about 80% of the adult population - and over 30 million have had a second.

Vaccines currently available here in Thailand are Sinovac, Sinopharm and Astrazeneca; I'll leave you to make-up your own minds.

Edited by Moti24

The promise of Foreigners getting free vaccine back in June 7th was a lie now its all gone very quite with at least 3 apps to register all as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. with Thailand opening  up in sure all those that have no protection will be at risk . yet they ask for all to help. yeah right    

• Like 2

Just now, the green light said:

Sorry, you need to explain me what fully vaccinated and safe tourists has anything to do  with the mass vaccination of Thai citizen.

Us  has been vaccinated and we can move around between unvaccinated people. We do not seem to get the virus nor do we infect others.

PFizer and Moderna are 90% efficient. so why fully vaccinated people need quarantine.? they are safe and will not infect others.

mass vaccination is for the safety of the Thai people and not the safe tourists .You have been fed with stories and voodoo things about the fear of  tourists,

to infect Thailand. The safe tourist should be welcome back with no quarantine. They are not going to spread the infection nor being infected themselves.

27 minutes ago, JustinCredible said:
6 hours ago, djayz said:

When are these shots arriving? Do the peasants have a choice of vaccination? When are the expats living here going to be able to register for their jabs? When are those pesky expats actually going to get their shots? Lots of waffle, but nothing to back it up. 

With an attitude like yours (referring to Thai nationals as Peasants) I would hope it is a very long time before you get vaccinated.  

That's a bit harsh, no?

I hope that everyone including @djayz gets an invite to get vaccinated.

...and the needle hits his Humerus and breaks.

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

He keeps talking about things I just want to know where can I go to get vaccinated I think this virus has been around now 14 months I’d really like to know what is the actual percent of foreigners I’ve been able to get vaccinated it’s a joke TiT

very very very small percentage and i bet hardly any with AZ  

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Try getting a surgical mask and put it over a tap and seal it around the tap with your hand and turn on the tap with a gentle flow and watch the water flow though the material of the mask and then tell me how effective it is at stopping water droplets.Try putting your hand in front of the mask when you sneeze as see how wet your hand gets have you tried anything to test how effective these things are for yourself?

Irrelevant comparison..... 

Surgical facemasks are effective at reducing particles of 0.1 microns >99%.

Comparing normal breathing of air at negligible pressure drop to water being delivered at about 20-30 psi is foolish. 

They don't wear them in operating theaters for a laugh!

9 minutes ago, the green light said:

I think the jury is still out on that... the vaccines have the high numbers for elimination symptomatic infection or even hospitalization. 

32 minutes ago, Xbeemer said:

The biggest fly in this ointment is Sinovac which has proven to provide no protection against the Delta variant originating in India.

Citation needed. Preferably peer reviewed.

On another Covid-related thread yesterday, we had another of TV's Covid mental giants falsely claiming Sinopharm's first-shot efficacy was only 5%.

• Like 1

The PM has finally understood that closing the country when Covid has settled everywhere has become counterproductive for the economy, therefore reopening everything is the most logical solution in order that the depression does not reach a much more serious crisis.

The problem is now reversed since the western countries where the virus is decreasing a lot will not want to import the covid from Thailand and it is likely that they will now impose the two weeks to return.

So as always Thailand will miss the train.

12 minutes ago, the green light said:

This notion is an example of why some people should just surrender their passports, stay home and use Food Panda.

38 minutes ago, JustinCredible said:

With an attitude like yours (referring to Thai nationals as Peasants) I would hope it is a very long time before you get vaccinated.  

You are bang out of order you should apologize ( Do the peasants have a choice)