Reopening bars: People drinking alcohol are difficult to control and risk spreading virus

webfact

Just now, James105 said:

I'd say bars are very much essential for the people that own them and the people that work in them which allows them to provide food (essential) for their family.    It's not all about you and your fear of the virus.    For anyone under 60 this virus is not the problem - they can cope with getting that - it's the (over) reaction to the virus that is causing so many problems e.g:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/21/woman-and-her-mother-found-dead-in-suspected-double-suicide-in-pattaya-after-suffering-from-financial-problems-due-to-covid-19-measures/

The latest variant is attacking younger people.

even if younger people can survive the disease, they can carry the virus and infect others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lanng khao said:

Nothing wrong with drinking in a bar? So according to you you would have to travel to England as were the only country with a alcohol and bar culture..

Oh dear thin skin anyone. Are you denying the alcohol culture in the UK ? There are other countries too never said it was an exclusive UK thing. Point was not even about the alcohol culture but the fact that a country where they love their alcohol and pubs closing them. 

Point being that in such a culture that would be drastic last measure not taken lightly or not taken if there was no proof for. That was what i am talking about. I used it to strengthen the argument why it was not crazy to keep things close.

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The latest variant is attacking younger people.

even if younger people can survive the disease, they can carry the virus and infect others.

I’m in support of open air bars opening with some social distancing measures in place. 

However, it also makes a lot of sense to wait to find out how the Delta Variant impacts those who have been vaccinated - at least waiting until we know that vaccinations to have a positive impact on the Delta Variant.

4 minutes ago, James105 said:

I'd say bars are very much essential for the people that own them and the people that work in them which allows them to provide food (essential) for their family.    It's not all about you and your fear of the virus.    For anyone under 60 this virus is not the problem - they can cope with getting that - it's the (over) reaction to the virus that is causing so many problems e.g:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/21/woman-and-her-mother-found-dead-in-suspected-double-suicide-in-pattaya-after-suffering-from-financial-problems-due-to-covid-19-measures/

???? your a funny guy changing the definition of essential services.  

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

Thailand is not the only country to close bars and pubs they did the same in the UK, so don't act like its a strange strategy its proven strategy even in alcohol loving UK. If they close pubs over there (and they have) it must work because there must be good reasons to disturb the pub culture there. Nobody would dare to touch it without good cause

They closed down the hairdressers at the same time. - we had to make sure people didn't go and get their hair cut.( you know what can happen in those place - with all those old girls getting a wash and dry ) ... ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

a couple of things.the govts action spread it all over during the songkran debacle,whos been sacked or jailed for that but people whos livings have been taken from them are,2ndly we use an alcohol based sanitiser to wash the virus away entering many bldgs.so the virus enters thru nose and mouth,the nasal passage connects at the back of the throat to the windpipe and we drink alcohol so......lets drink sanitiser instead of beer,taste better than singh id say!joking aside.....?

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Oh dear, logic has left the building.

Of course hairdressers had to stop too you need to be in pretty close contact with someone for a longer time when cutting hair. But i would say a hairdresser is a lot more essential then a bar. 

Why? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Why? 

Why.. now if you can't understand why a hairdresser was closed then how much logic and intelligence do you have ? I mean when my hair gets cut i got a hairdresser close to me for a longer period far closer then in most situations.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

a couple of things.the govts action spread it all over during the songkran debacle,whos been sacked or jailed for that but people whos livings have been taken from them are,2ndly we use an alcohol based sanitiser to wash the virus away entering many bldgs.so the virus enters thru nose and mouth,the nasal passage connects at the back of the throat to the windpipe and we drink alcohol so......lets drink sanitiser instead of beer,taste better than singh id say!joking aside.....?

Hand sanitiser and coke anyone ??? 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why.. now if you can't understand why a hairdresser was closed then how much logic and intelligence do you have ? I mean when my hair gets cut i got a hairdresser close to me for a longer period far closer then in most situations.

You said:  "But i would say a hairdresser is a lot more essential then a bar."

I simply asked you why is a hairdresser more essential than a bar?   I wasn't referring to why a hairdresser should or should not be closed, I am asking why it is more essential - in your opinion.   

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think with a balanced approach a ‘gentle relaxation’ of the rules to permit open air bars to open with continued social distancing measures in place (i.e. limit to 50% occupancy) would not be a careless step. 

Very good post. Frankly I think you would be very surprised at the numbers. 

If bars were open you would be surprised how few customers they would have, especially pre 7pm.

Make them shut 10pm easy peasy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

I simply asked you why is a hairdresser more essential than a bar?   I wasn't referring to why a hairdresser should or should not be closed, I am asking why it is more essential - in your opinion.   

Head lice?

• Haha 1

Just now, James105 said:

Ah ok that is easy.

Getting your hair cut is a normal thing to do for grooming and basic hygiene, drinking in a bar is just for fun. One has an good function and the other is just pleasure.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Ah ok that is easy.

Getting your hair cut is a normal thing to do for grooming and basic hygiene, drinking in a bar is just for fun. One has an good function and the other is just pleasure.  

You mean you would "like" to get your hair cut in the same way someone would "like" to have a drink with their meal right?  You can buy scissors from 7/11.   I don't see why you need to put someone else at risk just because you want to be groomed and is something you can do yourself in the safety of your home.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

You mean you would "like" to get your hair cut in the same way someone would "like" to have a drink with their meal right?  You can buy scissors from 7/11.   I don't see why you need to put someone else at risk just because you want to be groomed and is something you can do yourself in the safety of your home.   

There is a big difference you can drink at home but you can't get a good cut at home. Its not something i like to do but people need to stay presentable for work (i understand for retirees that does not apply). However most people in Thailand are not retirees but people of working age. 

You can imagine if people come to their jobs looking like $%^^ it can have consequences. Its not a matter of wanting its just normal human basic bodycare. Maybe you don't care about it and let yourself go and can do so but that does not apply to everyone.

But it is telling that you compare the two. 

• Confused 1

No one is going to spend the vacation time, quarantine, and money to fly halfway around the world & not be able to drink & party. If that’s Thailand’s intent, remain closed until you’re hungry enough to reopen everything, unrestricted. I’ll be spending my money elsewhere, as will the majority of people who would potentially visit Thailand. It’s got to be said.

• Like 1

She exhibits a typically arrogant and demeaning streak that will inflame people who are sick & tired of the administration imposing never ending restrictions. Just because she gets drunk and behaves like a total fool does not mean everyone else does.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

There is a big difference you can drink at home but you can't get a good cut at home. Its not something i like to do but people need to stay presentable for work (i understand for retirees that does not apply). However most people in Thailand are not retirees but people of working age. 

You can imagine if people come to their jobs looking like $%^^ it can have consequences. Its not a matter of wanting its just normal human basic bodycare. Maybe you don't care about it and let yourself go and can do so but that does not apply to everyone.

But it is telling that you compare the two. 

Many people cannot go to their jobs as their businesses have been closed and are currently on zero income without any support.    How is a haircut going to help them exactly?      

Just now, James105 said:

Many people cannot go to their jobs as their businesses have been closed and are currently on zero income without any support.    How is a haircut going to help them exactly?      

More people then not are still working, so those people will be helped by a haircut. Your clutching straws.