90 day report nightmare

Just now, NancyL said:

I've done the 90 day reports online for several years, but Chiang Mai seems to have a problem since the system was down earlier this year.  A couple days ago, Hubby and I did our second in-person report since the outage, using the drive-thru at the Immigration office near the airport.  

Something caught the attention of the officer processing our reports and a higher up came to the car window.  It was about the slip of paper he took out of a passport.  Maybe because I cut off the margins so it fits better in the passports.  Anyway, the supervisor came to the car window, recognizing me from my "glory days" as president of CM Expats Club and I asked when they would update the online system so I could resume online 90 days reports.  His response "no, come here, we want to see you."  Oh <deleted>

Oh well, at least it gives employment to the "Grab driver" who serves our building.  He says he no longer works for Grab, but just for the 20 or so foreigners who call him for transportation.  The most active is an 86 year old American woman with a serious card playing habit.  That's our Covid bubble.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 10:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hi ubonjoe... I'm not sure if this is redundant information or not, but I wanted to pass my experience along. I went to MTT yesterday (June 29th) to do my 90 Day Report as I can't get to page 2 on the website. A few days ago I did manage to connect using the phone app for the TM47 and received the error message in the attached screenshot. I showed this to the IO at MTT and he told me he was very familiar with this issue. He stated that the last time I renewed my annual extension that the IO at CW didn't update the system with the correct expiration date. The system thinks I'm on overstay but my passport indicates otherwise. He advised me upon my next visit to CW to explain the situation and remind the IO to update the system with the correct expiration date for extension renewal. This could possibly be the reason why so many of us are having with the website and getting to page 2.

Screenshot.jpg

The IO at CW didnt update the system? That is pure nonsense. Well, for me anyway.

I was at CW a few weeks ago to get 1 year extension (L 38 desk, 30 days consideration) and the nice IO physically brought me round to her computer and showed me on the screen that my new 1 year extension was in the system.  I am ok till June 2022. Yes, no problem.

I then showed her the 90 days app on my phone (overstay)and she said that my details were definitely logged in the CW system and couldn't explain why the app says I was on overstay.

I thought it might be a 1 day delay, so checked a few days later. Still on "overstay" as I type this.

I've given up on online reporting.

Edited by Cuchulainn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

I was at CW a few weeks ago to get 1 year extension (L 38 desk, 30 days consideration) and the nice IO physically brought me round to her computer and showed me on the screen that my new 1 year extension was in the system. 

It also has to be updated in the online reporting system that is separate from immigrations primary system.

Tried online on the web last night and it gave me the dreaded "contact IO". It was late so I thought maybe their database might be offline/updating. Tried again this afternoon and the same.

Next moved to the app. "Service error". Uninstalled and reinstalled but still never managed to get past that first hurdle.

Threw up my hands and filled out the TM47 (already mostly filled from last time, only date change), made copies of the few PP pages and TM6 as required and went to a mall postal shop to mail it in with tracking.

My (uneducated) guess: an IO needs to manual fill something in the online system for it to work. Next time if the Covid situation is improved I will trek to MTT to test this theory.

11 hours ago, Why Me said:

My (uneducated) guess: an IO needs to manual fill something in the online system for it to work. Next time if the Covid situation is improved I will trek to MTT to test this theory.

Yes. It looks like CW (extensions) and MTT (90 days) are not linked, as Joe says.

It also looks like some (all!!) IOs at MTT are not updating our details into the online system when we report by post or in person.

Edited by Cuchulainn

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 10:45 PM, Why Me said:

Next moved to the app. "Service error".

The work-around for this, in my case anyway, is to:

close the app

long press on the eImmServices app icon, select info, Force Stop the app, exit.

Switch to mobile data,

launch the app.

For some reason I can't connect using the app on my AIS fiber (WiFi) network.

Then fill out page 1 and get the "Permit date on your passport must not overstay. Otherwise, you can contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area" message.

On the web portal, I seem to get the See Imm msg INSTANTANEOUSLY after entering the captcha - before the RETURN key bounces back. There is no way it is checking any record.

Especially the IO in Bangkok cannot react to all these reports IN TIME.

This completely needless order bites now in the @rsh of government officials, Thai bureaucrazy and that of the IO, because overwhelmed by this task. A joke, if it wasn't so serious.

Now Thai style: what about a daily fine of 1.000 THB, payable by the IO to thge falang, if it takes longer than 2 weeks to receive its answer?!

Edited by puck2
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 9:22 AM, AlQaholic said:

It all depends on each individuals situations of course, but this seem overly complicated compared to a short trip to the Immigration office, 5 minutes procedure, then a lazy lunch with the family, some shopping and then back home, something you would do anyway at some point in time during the 90 day period.

Short trip to Muang Thong Thani? It's in another province. Five minute procedure? Maybe it is now but some had to sit in the sun for a few hours waiting to do the "5 minutes procedure" Lazy lunch and shopping where? - your kids could play in the open sewer you have to jump across if you followed the Google directions to get there..

You must live in Lala Land - this is about 90 day reporting in THAILAND.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

Short trip to Muang Thong Thani? It's in another province. Five minute procedure? Maybe it is now but some had to sit in the sun for a few hours waiting to do the "5 minutes procedure" Lazy lunch and shopping where? - your kids could play in the open sewer you have to jump across if you followed the Google directions to get there..

A bit surprised this has not been touched upon prior, and now with restaurants and food courts not allowing dine-in (covid restrictions put in from June 28) it's irrelevant for the near term.

But only minutes by vehicle from the MTT immigration office, or a ten-minute walk, is Cosmo Bazaar. Big mall, many restaurants and coffee shops, and a massive ground-floor food court. Ended up having to do my last 90-report out there, and before the current dine-in restrictions. Had a a very good meal at the food court.

Cosmo Bazaar is a busy place. It has a big MaxValu supermarket, and several floors of shops.  Getting a bite and a drink is no problem there. In fact, my druthers, the Bazaar makes MTT  preferable to CW for an immigration visit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rwilem said:

But only minutes by vehicle from the MTT immigration office, or a ten-minute walk, is Cosmo Bazaar. Big mall, many restaurants and coffee shops, and a massive ground-floor food court.

Thanks.

Heaven knows it is so hard to find a big mall here, with many restaurants, coffee shops and food courts.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Wonder of wonders - unable to report online - record so far is one report online in last 17 years.  Will try mail again.  

To be fair, online reporting has only been around since 2015.

I tried to file for a neighbor this morning (report date is July 29), I did his online report successfully for the previous report. Entered the same data, enter Captcha, fail, see Imm msg. He has not made an new ext stay in the interim.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:16 PM, mtls2005 said:

For some reason I can't connect using the app on my AIS fiber (WiFi) network.

I have the same issue as you with my AIS fifer WiFi. Once I leave my condo and running off cellular data there's no issue.

1 minute ago, Whale said:

After not being able to report online for about 3 years I tried again this morning and it went through OK!!

How long is "pending status" normally for online?

As my original post said, I submitted it online on 8th July,  and only got Approved today (20th).

Normally the same or next day.

Maybe my calls to 1178 and the .local io office prompted someone to get off their phone and respond. 

But, over all a good outcome. Don't have to go in person. 

Last year I waited for an approval past the 7 days grace period, and finally decided to go in.

Got a full on lecture from the btch, who, at the end of her rant didn't fine me and processed it.

My B100 coffee money was thrown back at me with a laugh,,,saying "try B5000 the next time"  

17 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

I have the same issue as you with my AIS fifer WiFi. Once I leave my condo and running off cellular data there's no issue.

Today I am able to access (log-in) BOTH the Immigration eServices for Foreigners (TM47/90-day reporting) and Section38 (TM30) mobile apps on my AIS Fiber WiFI network.

Note that, in the past, I have been able to access these on AIS Fiber/WiFi, then I couldn't, then I could, etc. So no clue if it will stick this time?

I am not using a VPN.

Maybe AIS-issued IP addresses are back on the whitelist, or off the blacklist?

On 6/22/2021 at 1:14 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I'd wait at least 8 weeks as all mail-in reports are taking ages.  If you have the EMS receipt it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

I would add to that take a screen shot of the delivery advice from the track and trace web site. If you have proof of posting AND proof of delivery, I reckon you're bomb proof.

Edited by Moonlover

18 hours ago, Whale said:

After not being able to report online for about 3 years I tried again this morning and it went through OK!!

I did mine yesterday, 20th, not a problem and had instant approval. The message is very quick and easily missed, you should go back in to check the status.

Much quicker this time as it looks like they have added a memory function, which also works with the drop downs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Whale said:

Got approval email this morning :+)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Whale said:

Good to hear but obviously another case of different area different outcome. With the instant approval there is no email, you have to check yourself as indicated in the message.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sandyf said:
1 hour ago, Whale said:

36 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Good to hear but obviously another case of different area different outcome. With the instant approval there is no email, you have to check yourself as indicated in the message.

Yes and it's far from easy to spot where to actually go and find that approval. Just a small 'download icon' without any labeling.

I've done several successful on line applications via Sakon Nakhon now, but I've never received a single e-mail. It's just as well I know where to look.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Today I am able to access (log-in) BOTH the Immigration eServices for Foreigners (TM47/90-day reporting) and Section38 (TM30) mobile apps on my AIS Fiber WiFI network.

Note that, in the past, I have been able to access these on AIS Fiber/WiFi, then I couldn't, then I could, etc. So no clue if it will stick this time?

I am not using a VPN.

Maybe AIS-issued IP addresses are back on the whitelist, or off the blacklist?

GOD only knows at this point.. I normally don't use a VPN either unless I'm watching live TV outside of Thailand.