90 day report nightmare

20 hours ago, petedk said:

Ok 

Thanks to all the replies.

I was just a little concerned as usually I get the return notification within 3 weeks. I read on their site that if you have waited more than 4 weeks, then you should contact them.

Actually, I was surprised that they didn't even offer to investigate when I called.

I'll wait a while.

While i’m sure there are others with more experience, i’ve done my 90 day exclusively by post for the past 4 years. never done it online. I have never not received my new form back… sometimes it was fairly quick.. other times slower.. and the most recent (late January 2021) it took nearly 3 weeks past the due date… but again, i got it back.

My guess here - based only on my experience - is that IF they got your  90 day filing, and IF you gave them everything they require, you will get it back… maybe slow, but it will come .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, new2here said:

While i’m sure there are others with more experience, i’ve done my 90 day exclusively by post for the past 4 years. never done it online. I have never not received my new form back… sometimes it was fairly quick.. other times slower.. and the most recent (late January 2021) it took nearly 3 weeks past the due date… but again, i got it back.

My guess here - based only on my experience - is that IF they got your  90 day filing, and IF you gave them everything they require, you will get it back… maybe slow, but it will come .

Of course it could be lost in the post.

I know several other letters have been lost.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You receive Thai Post and EMS deliveries reliably at your address?

Our EMS driver comes by twice a day (Bangkok 10110), best to introduce yourself, IME. Same-same for normal Thai post driver.

I'd give it a full 56/57 days, then consider making an appointment at MTT to sort it out in person? Tne prepare another mail package in ~ 4 weeks. ????

It is not returned to us by EMS, but by normal mail.

Yes, EMS deliveries here are reliable. There is always someone here to accept the post.

And, finally yes, the postmen know me...the farang. I am the one who gets the list of postmen's names for the New Year "tip" haha (The list gets longer each year)

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

There may be a conundrum waiting now with waiting more than 60 days in that effective July 16, 90-day reports require online appointments. You might then get an appointment date beyond the date of your current extension.

If Immigration is at fault for not timely returning 90-day receipt with the next 90-day file date, why can't Immigration accept your proof of mail & Immigration receipt during your extension meeting without penalty? 

Are you sure that the 90 day report requires online appointments and can't be done by mail?

From what I read and understand is that you can no longer just turn up and do the report. You must make an appointment

Don't use the app. Go on line direct to the Immigration web site and strictly follow their 90 day option remembering to accept all their conditions at the beginning, making sure the data entered accords with your last approval and using all of their drop down menus. Believe me it does work if you have patience. You will almost instantly be able to print off approval and next 90 day date.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Don't use the app.

Why not the app?

It does work and I used it on Monday to do my report. At first I was doing it as a test but when I was able to get to page 2 I decided to go ahead and complete it.

It does have some advantages since it gives different messages than the one to contact your local office on the online site.

30 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Don't use the app. Go on line direct to the Immigration web site and strictly follow their 90 day option remembering to accept all their conditions at the beginning, making sure the data entered accords with your last approval and using all of their drop down menus. Believe me it does work if you have patience. You will almost instantly be able to print off approval and next 90 day date.

Exactly. I just did mine late last night. As before it only took me 5-10 minutes filling out the info and the printable approval came back immediately. Easy as pie.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why not the app?

It does work and I used it on Monday to do my report. At first I was doing it as a test but when I was able to get to page 2 I decided to go ahead and complete it.

It does have some advantages since it gives different messages than the one to contact your local office on the online site.

The app has never worked for me. It always throws an error message "Failed to connect or timed out. Uninstall and reinstall doesn't resolve the issue.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

The online system always worked for me until my last extension renewal (October 2020). I saved screenshots of what and how everything was entered the last time it worked successfully. Following the same method doesn't help. The only thing that has changed is that previously I always had a multiple re-entry permit with my annual extension of stay (non-o retirement). My current extension of stay I opted not to have a re-entry permit due to the current travel restrictions.

5 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Are you saying you are voluntarily submitting your passport to the Thai postal system and bureaucracy, both at the same time?? What is wrong with your brain??

Still wiffled no doubt to think that someone would send his original pisspot rather than copies ????

4 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

It all depends on each individuals situations of course, but this seem overly complicated compared to a short trip to the Immigration office, 5 minutes procedure, then a lazy lunch with the family, some shopping and then back home, something you would do anyway at some point in time during the 90 day period.

Depends where you live. To the OP it's half a day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

it makes no difference if I use the website or the app. I am met with the "You have an overstay of 254 (or 264 I can't remember) days. Please contact your local immigration". I can't do anything.

Last time I was there I pointed this out to them and the first thing he said was "2000 Baht!". I laughed and produced my last receipt. 

I asked when they were going to fix it and he just smiled and said "I don't know"

So, maybe the app and online reporting work for some, but this little problem blocks me from using it. I have a feeling it is to do with my new passport, but the guy didn't see any connection. I guess he is not an IT guy.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why not the app?

@ubonjoe, I know you've quoted this many times before, but can you remind me again of the "correct" window to do the online (Website not app). 

I recall it was something like 15 days to 7 days before due date.

My last report was done in person at the same time as picking up my extension stamp...so it's been a while since trying it online.

Next report date is 21st July.

Many thanks 

31 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

The app has never worked for me. It always throws an error message "Failed to connect or timed out. Uninstall and reinstall doesn't resolve the issue.

That appears to be a problem with your wifi or data connection.

54 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why not the app?

What is the name of the app, Joe?

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That appears to be a problem with your wifi or data connection.

I have no issues with any other apps on my phone (OPPO F7 purchased new in Thailand android version also is current) using home wifi or celluar connection away from home.

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

I recall it was something like 15 days to 7 days before due date.

That was changed to 15 days before up to your report date last year. Remember the 15 days includes the report date (2 weeks is what I use). From the terms and condition on the online site.

"Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notification. ( see example )" The example only works when you are on the site.

The app still gives you a message that says 15 to 7 day before but I think they have not changed the message since it was changed. The app is just a interface for the main system so it should accept one up to the report date.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was changed to 15 days before up to your report date last year. Remember the 15 days includes the report date (2 weeks is what I use). From the terms and condition on the online site.

"Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notification. ( see example )" The example only works when you are on the site.

The app still gives you a message that says 15 to 7 day before but I think they have not changed the message since it was changed. The app is just a interface for the main system so it should accept one up to the report date.

Ok thanks. 

I'll try it say 12 to 14 days before due date on the website. 

Hopefully works !

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly not as good as being able to do it online. For my next one I will try online at the 15 and again 14 day window. 

That will not work because it's a stuff ed up system.

I will then post the required docs.

The following report date will be 90 days from current report date. In other words you don't lose any days by posting 15/14 days early.

I trust the mails far more than I trust these bozos online. Umm, Intervacs, 90-day report...

Remember how much they love paper!

Edited by unblocktheplanet
addition

16 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Just tried it.

got a timeout fail message at the end.

I assume that was when you tried to start it. That means your wifi or data connection was to slow.

Is your wifi connection on a VPN?

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume that was when you tried to start it. That means your wifi or data connection was to slow.

No. It was right at the end as i pressed submit.

my wifi is 1gbps

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Just reinstalled the app, did it again and got exactly the same tosh.

its garbage mate.

F62A3F30-D6A3-4B6A-8B24-E82ABB2275EC.png