90 day report nightmare

9 minutes ago, WineOh said:

its garbage mate.

I had no problem installing it back in April or May (don't remember exactly) and doing the registration.

Did my report on the app Monday. Just opened it without a problem.

It could be the system that it accesses for the registration that has a problem today. Try again later.

I was in the Nakhon Phanom office this morning in order to have stamps transferred to a new passport, and I asked about doing the 90 report by post because I have to go to Bangkok for some weeks. To my great disappointment, they said that they don't accept postal notification and neither do they allow anyone other than the passport holder to make the report. Can a provincial office ignore what is written on the Immigration Bureau website?

5 minutes ago, D M G said:

On-Line reporting for Retire Visa "O"?

It can be be used for any type of extension of stay or visa that allows you to stay long enough for you to need to do 90 reports.

I live in Chiang Mai.  I had done the reporting by email successfully but now have shifted to going to immigration near the airport, where there is a drive through service, or to the immigration office in Promenada which is set up for 90 day reporting.  They both were pleasant and quick.  I found it was too easy to miss the date when I did it online and the offices here give a nice receipt with the due date of the next report stamped clearly on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thingamabob said:

Does this mean the 90 day report cannot be done in person at MTT effective 16 July ?

That was a reply to post if it applied everywhere.

It can still be done in person at MTT.

12 hours ago, toolpush said:

As the IP asked, what are the potential negative consequences if a person simply doesn't do 90 day reports and elects to just pay the 2000 baht fine on renewal of their extension? Treat the 2000 baht as just an additional extension expense?

I know in one office at least, they do not check that there is a 90-day slip in ones passport when they process the extension. I know said person has done this multiples times - the 90 day form was never checked.  But perhaps if someone is "in the system" they may be more wary of one's 90 day status. 

On 6/22/2021 at 12:25 PM, ubonjoe said:

Wait another week or so for the receipt to show up. Some have taken longer than 6 weeks to appear in the mail.

Yes still waiting (mail) 3 weeks now.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:11 PM, DrJack54 said:

If you have done reports via mail previously successfully then no reason you won't receive your receipt. Just wait.

Could be 7 weeks and that's from due date. 

So the 6-7 weeks wait starts from 'due date' or when your report is received at immigration ? thanks....

13 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Does this mean the 90 day report cannot be done in person at MTT effective 16 July ?

They say contact if more than 30 days after due date. So from when you post allow about 6-7 weeks. 

However when online was down for few months it backed up. Some where waiting 7+ weeks. 

Should be better now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sucit said:

What are you spending 1000 baht on when you go there? It’s pretty easy to get a bus or a bts to bus combo. 

For me it would be MRT followed by BTS then taxi to MTT.

Round trip with time at office is big hole in day. I would be happy to cough up 1000 baht

On 6/23/2021 at 8:29 AM, DrJack54 said:
On 6/23/2021 at 8:24 AM, AlQaholic said:

Are you saying you are voluntarily submitting your passport to the Thai postal system and bureaucracy, both at the same time?? What is wrong with your brain??

You don't send your passport!

Never realised that1

Not that i do online or mail 90 day stuff but i was always interested when people said do 90 day by post why they risked sending a passport

30 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Well I'm shocked and very happy, mailed my 90 day EMS on May 25, arrived CW 27th ( 26th holiday ) received my next notification with a TM47 today - June 25 !!!! 

Did they return your photocopies. 

What envelopes did you use?

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did they return your photocopies. 

What envelopes did you use?

YES, passport copy, TM6, entry stamp, visa, and a blank tm47.  I bought envelopes at Post office ( red/yellow). 

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

YES, passport copy, TM6, entry stamp, visa, and a blank tm47.  I bought envelopes at Post office ( red/yellow). 

It's strange. Sometimes they return the copies and sometimes they don't.

• Like 1

I've done the 90 day reports online for several years, but Chiang Mai seems to have a problem since the system was down earlier this year.  A couple days ago, Hubby and I did our second in-person report since the outage, using the drive-thru at the Immigration office near the airport.  

Something caught the attention of the officer processing our reports and a higher up came to the car window.  It was about the slip of paper he took out of a passport.  Maybe because I cut off the margins so it fits better in the passports.  Anyway, the supervisor came to the car window, recognizing me from my "glory days" as president of CM Expats Club and I asked when they would update the online system so I could resume online 90 days reports.  His response "no, come here, we want to see you."  Oh <deleted>