U.S. embassy in Thailand rejects citizens' appeal for vaccines

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I am IN North East Thailand where I have been for the last 20 plus years.

Who has said about whether you want it or not and Embassy involvement?

READ THE POST PROPERLY

I stated I had friends who work in Bangkok and who have businesses in Bangkok who had told me, that regardless of press announcements that Nobody is safe until everybody is safe, they were being selective there and selecting Thais first.

That is also something that has also been reported on TVF by a thread of Sheryl, one of the moderators.

So my comments are based IN Thailand.

Hope that clarifies where I am.

Great. Enjoy yourself up in the northeast. I'll take my chances in BKK where I have been for 25+ years.  Thanks for the note.

Edited by Disparate Dan

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

he only disturbing news I am getting from friends in Bangkok is that they are coming up against a wall of " Thais first " which I find ridiculous.

The irony of this comment. How many of those here on Thai Visa Forum would wish for their own people in their home countries to be given priority treatment rather than it going to immigrants - legal or illegal?

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Biden would rather get illegal immigrants vaccinated than citizens abroad

No. You do not understand the issues. Please look at the rules that apply to vaccine distribution. Because France Pesident is in serious political crisis and needs free positive political PR because of promise to distribute a few hundred vaccines does not mean USA federal government can bring and distribute tens of thousands of vaccines.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

USA is literally vaccinating illegal immigrants  before sending vaccines to embassies for their citizens. A Thai national could enter into the US illegally with a sign on his back that says "death to the USA" and walk into a free vaccination clinic. Absolute state of the US in 2021.

Covid does not care what nationality you are or if your are a ex tax payer to the US treasury . 

I personally am pleased that the US government is refusing to treat there citizens living abroad any differently than the natives .

How the Chinese and French governments are helping there citizens is racist . If you cant handle that term try unethical .

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2