When It Comes to a Travel Restart All Vaccines Are Not Equal

BobinBKK

i have been afraid of this sort of thing for awhile now.

my other concern is whether a vaccine card with no direct contact info will be accepted everywhere or not, possibly necessitating one be re-vaccinated in the country they are entering, or be refused because a booster of your original vaccine type is not available in that part of the world.

one could possibly be pumped full of vaccines more then required if your crossing borders through necessity, which i usually am. i would need to get another shot in that situation. who knows what this will do to our bodies. it's strong stuff. i had a reaction during my 1st pfizer jab, dizziness and some nausea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

my other concern is whether a vaccine card with no direct contact info will be accepted everywhere or not, possibly necessitating one be re-vaccinated in the country they are entering, or be refused because a booster of your original vaccine type is not available in that part of the world.

one could possibly be pumped full of vaccines more then required if your crossing borders through necessity, which i usually am. i would need to get another shot in that situation. who knows what this will do to our bodies. it's strong stuff. i had a reaction during my 1st pfizer jab, dizziness and some nausea.

All very valid points as many of us share these same concerns.

2 hours ago, mjnaus said:

Don't see any real issue here? Just get one of the western vaccines and, unless you want to travel to China, you'd be just fine?

Yup..."just get of the Western vaccines"....mission impossible in Thailand right now.

Or mission improbable, or mission possibly, "we hope so"...

5 minutes ago, samtam said:

Yup..."just get of the Western vaccines"....mission impossible in Thailand right now.

Oddly enough in the source article I provided, it states that China has barred entry to everyone that hasn't been vaccinated with either Sinovac or Sinopharm.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

AstraZeneca is being used. Does that count?

Yes, of course it does. My point is that for many foreigners getting any vaccine is not easy at the moment. There have been daily letters from embassies to their nationals about the difficulty, including the latest from the German Embassy. All stress they are constantly in touch with the Thai government about the dire situation for their nationals across the board. 

10 minutes ago, samtam said:

Where there is a will, there is a way ???? 

Assuming the majority of users on TV has been here for a while, we all know Thai governments are as useless as tits on a boar. Plan accordingly I'd say. For the majority of long stayers here, a proper vaccine is but a airplane ride away; supplied free of cost by our home country's governments. 

It really isn't rocket science...

3 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

Its perfectly normal to have a reaction to any vaccine we have ever taken..... this has always been the case. 

1 minute ago, samtam said:

Yes, of course it does. My point is that for many foreigners getting any vaccine is not easy at the moment. There have been daily letters from embassies to their nationals about the difficulty, including the latest from the German Embassy. All stress they are constantly in touch with the Thai government about the dire situation for their nationals across the board. 

No problem getting inoculated if you live in a "sand-box". 

3 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Oddly enough in the source article I provided, it states that China has barred entry to everyone that hasn't been vaccinated with either Sinovac or Sinopharm.

Yes, I read it. Interestingly too, in Hong Kong, one of the new entry requirements (WEF 1 July, I think), is that inbound travellers will have to have 1) PCR test, 2) test negative for Covid, 3) be fully vaccinated 4) take a serology (antbodies) test to benefit from a reduced (7 days quarantine). If the serology is too low, then the quarantine period doubles. I do not know whether Sinovac will allow a high enough antibody count. It's ironic, because Hong Kong is a Chinese territory, and Sinovac is one of 2 brands administered in Hong Kong. 

Just now, mjnaus said:

Where there is a will, there is a way ???? 

Assuming the majority of users on TV has been here for a while, we all know Thai governments are as useless as tits on a boar. Plan accordingly I'd say. For the majority of long stayers here, a proper vaccine is but a airplane ride away; supplied free of cost by our home country's governments. 

It really isn't rocket science...

Strange saying. I bet a baby boar would disagree with you.

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Strange saying. I bet a baby boar would disagree with you.

Alright. Exactly how are tits on a baby boar useful? Or were you possibly confusing a boar (male pig) with a sow (female pig)? 

5 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Alright. Exactly how are tits on a baby boar useful? Or were you possibly confusing a boar (male pig) with a sow (female pig)? 

I have to explain? Really?

A male domesticated pig is a boar as are all wild pigs regardless of sex.

Having milk supplied by both mummy and daddy would be useful..........if you were their baby.

Kinda loses something when you have to spell it out.

Edited by KarenBravo

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Kinda loses something when you have to spell it out.

I guess the same applies to the proverb in question, but alas.

I'd assume it's pretty obvious that in the proverb "boar" applies to the domesticated male pig, not to wild boars. 

Anyhow, let's not derail this thread any further with this semantic nonsense...

On 6/25/2021 at 7:30 AM, samtam said:

Yes, I read it. Interestingly too, in Hong Kong, one of the new entry requirements (WEF 1 July, I think), is that inbound travellers will have to have 1) PCR test, 2) test negative for Covid, 3) be fully vaccinated 4) take a serology (antbodies) test to benefit from a reduced (7 days quarantine). If the serology is too low, then the quarantine period doubles. I do not know whether Sinovac will allow a high enough antibody count. It's ironic, because Hong Kong is a Chinese territory, and Sinovac is one of 2 brands administered in Hong Kong. 

We were sold the idea of vaccines that so these measures could vanish but instead it just creates one obstacle more. No thanks.