Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Thai wife had her first vaccination at the beginning of June in Samui, where we have lived for some 18 years.   She was given an appointment to return for her second jab between 23 and 28

I wouldn't trust any local in this country apart from the wife and daughter. There's no accountability, it's like the wild west. Before any of the "if you don't like it you can always leave" idiots pi

Sounds like she wouldn't pay the entrance fee.

1 minute ago, Chosenfew said:

My worry is even when you get the shot, who knows what your really getting - some  copy or already expired s….

I posted something similar to your comments 3 weeks ago as a perfectly sound enquiry. Just be prepared for some defensive replies. When  my kids had their injections over the years  those "little sticky" traceability label was always attached to their medical records which was a good idea I thought. Do people who have had covid vaccines get that data attached, because if they did it would allay your concerns ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chosenfew said:

My worry is even when you get the shot, who knows what your really getting - some  copy or already expired s….

Or water ! 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, captainhornblower said:

As she was leaving she asked the people outside why they told her there was no vaccine left – they would not speak to her. <deleted>? Just a bunch of jobsworths

Did she ask the people inside why the people outside weren't letting anyone in?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I wouldn't trust any local in this country apart from the wife and daughter. There's no accountability, it's like the wild west. Before any of the "if you don't like it you can always leave" idiots pipe up, I do like it here, but I do retain the right to criticise when I feel the need.

"Cowboy" and the "wild west" are always used by Commonwealth people to refer to anything inefficient. Wild West or not, Wyatt Earp in Tombstone in 1881 loved ice cream--and how, you may ask, could anyone get ice cream in the southern Arizona desert before the introduction of electricity? Trains packed with ice were able to make it all the way down from Alaska and northern Maine. And Paris/NY fashions were only a year behind. People could order anything by train using the Sears catalogue. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read that many hospitas are just closing the doors.  The staff don't want to catch COVID-19 and die in some ally.  Unlike many countries life is cheap here.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chosenfew said:

My worry is even when you get the shot, who knows what your really getting - some  copy or already expired s….

Yes, and who knows when or if you will get the second shot? That's why I am a one jab J&J man.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday, I'll go all the way from Buriram to Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital, to get a J&J shot, can't say I'm not worried, the goons in power might well steal the shots from the French embassy...

 

Anyhow T.I.T, anything can happen; remember they had idiots luck last year.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, wprime said:

Sounds like she wouldn't pay the entrance fee.

Once again proof ' they ' don't treat only farang in a S....Y way....

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Tuesday, I'll go all the way from Buriram to Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital, to get a J&J shot, can't say I'm not worried, the goons in power might well steal the shots from the French embassy...

 

Anyhow T.I.T, anything can happen; remember they had idiots luck last year.

According to you they plan to hijack the ' valise diplomatique ' ?? 55555

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Dear Hornblower [ah horatio -I knew him well]

 

I definitely understand your frustration.. to be treated this way in a matter of such importance is beyond comprehension... there is no excuse. 

 

But, this [the craziness] seems to be a world wide problem... people in USA are more and more often randomly gunning down people in public places.. you might be physically assaulted for wearing a mask [who would really care - if you wear a mask you are not hurting someone else, just I guess, assaulting their political views?? maybe?]

 

there is so much craziness that it makes me wonder if there is something in the air or water that is poisoning people's brains and making them act this way? combined w/stress and anger levels that seem to be sky high...

 

And though I shake my head in sadness at what your wife endured, I am not sure it is better elsewhere and at least in comparison to the little I know of the West, maybe this is mild.. 

 

Congrats to your wife's strength in pushing through and I am sad that she had to... 

Yes indeed congrats, not many Th people I know would stand up ( get up ) for their rights....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I've read that many hospitas are just closing the doors.  The staff don't want to catch COVID-19 and die in some ally.  Unlike many countries life is cheap here.

Life may be cheap, but air-con isn't...5555

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Excel said:

I posted something similar to your comments 3 weeks ago as a perfectly sound enquiry. Just be prepared for some defensive replies. When  my kids had their injections over the years  those "little sticky" traceability label was always attached to their medical records which was a good idea I thought. Do people who have had covid vaccines get that data attached, because if they did it would allay your concerns ? 

When i had mine the batch no was sent to mor prom. It was az by the way

Link to post
Share on other sites

Post anonymously to FB?  Seems a story that Thai media would pick up and run with, especially if it gained a bit of traction on social media.  There must be Thai FB pages for vaccines issues, or a general Samui page?  Just a thought, as it seems pretty outrageous behavior and more so after recent exhortations for all Thais to do their part to help open the country again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One possibility is that they were aiming to create an excess of doses so that their friends and family could jump the queue 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

"Cowboy" and the "wild west" are always used by Commonwealth people to refer to anything inefficient. Wild West or not, Wyatt Earp in Tombstone in 1881 loved ice cream--and how, you may ask, could anyone get ice cream in the southern Arizona desert before the introduction of electricity? Trains packed with ice were able to make it all the way down from Alaska and northern Maine. And Paris/NY fashions were only a year behind. People could order anything by train using the Sears catalogue. 

They were making ice cream  in the 1500's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Dear Hornblower [ah horatio -I knew him well]

 

I definitely understand your frustration.. to be treated this way in a matter of such importance is beyond comprehension... there is no excuse. 

 

But, this [the craziness] seems to be a world wide problem... people in USA are more and more often randomly gunning down people in public places.. you might be physically assaulted for wearing a mask [who would really care - if you wear a mask you are not hurting someone else, just I guess, assaulting their political views?? maybe?]

 

there is so much craziness that it makes me wonder if there is something in the air or water that is poisoning people's brains and making them act this way? combined w/stress and anger levels that seem to be sky high...

 

And though I shake my head in sadness at what your wife endured, I am not sure it is better elsewhere and at least in comparison to the little I know of the West, maybe this is mild.. 

 

Congrats to your wife's strength in pushing through and I am sad that she had to... 

You are right .

It is a worldwide phenomena now .

People behave more and more strange ... sometimes reminds me of a Zombie movie ...One thing is for sure : the good times are gone by now , the future looks dystopian .

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

You are right .

It is a worldwide phenomena now .

People behave more and more strange ... sometimes reminds me of a Zombie movie ...One thing is for sure : the good times are gone by now , the future looks dystopian .

Some of the insanity has become normalized... I am amazed at the crazed airline behaviour amongst other things.. I read one story of a lady waking up to the passenger in the next seat peeing on her.. he claimed to be on some medication and didn't know what he was doing - it seemed to be then excused... ps - he was a minister... though that might be a calm accusation if you chat w/the choir boys... 

 

I have a 16 yr old niece and worry abt the world that she is going to become an adult in... but I guess the kids will handle it... new businesses will replace the old ones, hopefully new opportunities.. though as an old guy, no longer interested in pursuing the good fight - seeing the fall, it surely does look dystopian.. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...