Vaccine fiasco

4 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

"Cowboy" and the "wild west" are always used by Commonwealth people to refer to anything inefficient. Wild West or not, Wyatt Earp in Tombstone in 1881 loved ice cream--and how, you may ask, could anyone get ice cream in the southern Arizona desert before the introduction of electricity? Trains packed with ice were able to make it all the way down from Alaska and northern Maine. And Paris/NY fashions were only a year behind. People could order anything by train using the Sears catalogue. 

But could they order vaccine?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jesimps said:

I wouldn't trust any local in this country apart from the wife and daughter. There's no accountability, it's like the wild west. Before any of the "if you don't like it you can always leave" idiots pipe up, I do like it here, but I do retain the right to criticise when I feel the need.

yep i get the same response from some op on here but i do love the country my family my home is here but the same as you we have the right to criticize. no country is perfect its just that this one is sliding down the scales a little ..ill still end up finishing my days here ..but a whinge ever now and then no harm done eh 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Tuesday, I'll go all the way from Buriram to Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital, to get a J&J shot, can't say I'm not worried, the goons in power might well steal the shots from the French embassy...

Anyhow T.I.T, anything can happen; remember they had idiots luck last year.

Are you sure about that? I don't think J&J has arrived in Thailand yet...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kinnock said:

One possibility is that they were aiming to create an excess of doses so that their friends and family could jump the queue 

I have just checked in a family from Suratthani. Five Thais.

Here for the weekend to get their second jab. Stopped at the hospital on the way to the villa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

The OP reminds me of China when it was truly communist. Any given hotel, especially outside the major cities, might be empty, but if you asked for a room you'd be told they were full up. "No room!" That's because everyone was paid a basic wage and nobody could be fired--so why should anyone do any work? At least in the service sector. It was still bad in 1992 when I was at a major airport. I went to a drink counter and asked for a can of cola and the two girls simply glared at me for a moment and continued chatting. At least in Thailand the young women in the service sector in BKK and Chiang Mai work hard and efficiently.

I've noticed that when it comes to Thais in skirts in the service sector it's the ladyboys that do the most work.  Especially if it involves thinking and making decisions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

I've noticed that when it comes to Thais in skirts in the service sector it's the ladyboys that do the most work.  Especially if it involves thinking and making decisions.

That's a very personal experience I would say..

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 8:38 AM, Dustdevil said:

The OP reminds me of China when it was truly communist. Any given hotel, especially outside the major cities, might be empty, but if you asked for a room you'd be told they were full up. "No room!" That's because everyone was paid a basic wage and nobody could be fired--so why should anyone do any work? At least in the service sector. It was still bad in 1992 when I was at a major airport. I went to a drink counter and asked for a can of cola and the two girls simply glared at me for a moment and continued chatting. At least in Thailand the young women in the service sector in BKK and Chiang Mai work hard and efficiently.

I experienced the same ' Fully empty ' while trying to get a reservation for a room in Sha Am about 20 years ago.....Ended up in Hua Hin....????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

That's what the French people vaccinated by their Embassy are getting presently... 10.000 doses supplied by Fr Governmt. 

I understand that it is only available in Bangkok, but the OP was talking about a hospital in Khon Kaen

• Confused 1

If OP has registered for a vaccination on Koh Samui, OP has probably already received a SMS about appointment between June 27th and June 30th, and if OP has not registered then OP better rush to read the pinned vaccination-thread and register fore 2 pm (14:00) today (26/6), as it's last chance for free vaccination on the island...????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CLW said:

I understand that it is only available in Bangkok, but the OP was talking about a hospital in Khon Kaen

I presume it's Koh Samui, as the thread is in a Samui local forum, and OP mentioned Samui in the opening post...????

• Like 1

Just now, khunPer said:

I presume it's Koh Samui, as the thread is in a Samui local forum, and OP mentioned Samui in the opening post...????

Sorry I meant the poster that I quoted

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CLW said:

No, according to Fr Embassy it's available in every major city ( for French Nationals ), including Pattaya, etc,..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

No, according to Fr Embassy it's available in every major city ( for French Nationals ), including Pattaya, etc,..

Further info upon checking : Only available for Fr Nationals 55+

Inscriptions started on 23/06... All injections happening at local Bangkok Hospitals in: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Khon Kaen, Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Samui, Udon Thani.

Hoping this info will be of help to someone, not me as I'm not French..

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 3:42 PM, captainhornblower said:

She was given an appointment to return for her second jab between 23 and 28 June. She went back to the same place that she had the initial jab and so decided to go on 24th June 2021 at around 13.00 hours.

Very interesting.  Everyone I know including myself has been given a certificate with a future specific appointment day and time for a second shot.  Not just show up between a 6 day period.  Must be a Samui thing.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 9:42 AM, Dustdevil said:

"Cowboy" and the "wild west" are always used by Commonwealth people to refer to anything inefficient. Wild West or not, Wyatt Earp in Tombstone in 1881 loved ice cream--and how, you may ask, could anyone get ice cream in the southern Arizona desert before the introduction of electricity? Trains packed with ice were able to make it all the way down from Alaska and northern Maine. And Paris/NY fashions were only a year behind. People could order anything by train using the Sears catalogue. 

Trains all the way down from Alaska??? On which railroad would that have been on?

On 6/24/2021 at 9:42 PM, khunPer said:

They were probably told, what to say.

The vaccine deliveries are little late, just like in Europe, so nothing special compared to "more developed" countries; they go on extended the final date for having vaccinated all (that want's it) in my Nordic home country by two weeks several times, due to vaccine shortness, last time only a weeks ago

...????

But they had the vaccines there.  Be good if the company here in Thailand was transparent.   Did the factory Break and there waiting for a part?  People need to know whats going on.

On 6/25/2021 at 8:38 AM, Dustdevil said:

In the Soviet Union people used to say “they pretend to pay us” so  “we pretend to work.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

But they had the vaccines there.  Be good if the company here in Thailand was transparent.   Did the factory Break and there waiting for a part?  People need to know whats going on.

Those for second jab normally get a fixed date for their next appointment, not just showing up on any date.

In my Scandinavian home country, which is supposed to be in the World's leads, it's not that transparent either, and vaccination program has been postponed several times, Thailand is not so bad with transparency...????

By the way, I was vaccinated at same place today as OP talks about, very professional service from gate and all the way through...????

• Like 1