Thailand reports 5,406 new COVID-19 cases, 22 more deaths

webfact

Navy, Marine Police to help ensure Sandbox tourists do not leave Phuket by boat within first 14 days

PHUKET: Patrols by the Royal Thai Navy base in Phuket as well as Marine Police will help provide assistance to make sure that the tourists arriving through the Phuket Sandbox scheme do not leave Phuket by boat before completing the mandatory 14-day stay on the island. 

COVID-19

https://www.thephuketnews.com/navy-marine-police-to-help-ensure-sandbox-tourists-do-not-leave-phuket-by-boat-within-first-14-days-80483.php

56 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This story doesn't sound right. If the 5 from BKK had positive tests, they would not be free to leave the Bangkok area. If they all tested positive in the Village, that would be unusual, the village doesn't due lab tests.

I would bet money the real story is that 5 people showed up from BKK, the headman told them to self isolate, and the rumor started that they had COVID, because they are from BKK and are isolating. 

Any Thai blood in you? If Prayut has to go, you could be the next in charge since you have all the answers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Navy, Marine Police to help ensure Sandbox tourists do not leave Phuket by boat within first 14 days

PHUKET: Patrols by the Royal Thai Navy base in Phuket as well as Marine Police will help provide assistance to make sure that the tourists arriving through the Phuket Sandbox scheme do not leave Phuket by boat before completing the mandatory 14-day stay on the island. 

COVID-19

https://www.thephuketnews.com/navy-marine-police-to-help-ensure-sandbox-tourists-do-not-leave-phuket-by-boat-within-first-14-days-80483.php

The Sand Penitentiary ......seriously....who the hell would go there?

• Haha 1

Number of cases is 100s more than yesterday which is concerning. But did the number of clusters increase? Because each cluster, such as a construction camp, is going to spread within the contact zone and then hopefully burn out if properly isolated.

So if the clusters are contained and their numbers stable it's not too bad. But if new clusters are popping up we have a problem. Then they should do a 14-day full nationwide lockdown to break the chains instead of these halfwit half-measures.

Edited by Why Me

7 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Number of cases is 100s more than yesterday which is concerning. But did the number of clusters increase? Because each cluster, such as a construction camp, is going to spread within the contact zone and then hopefully burn out if properly isolated.

So if the clusters are contained and their numbers stable then it's not too bad. But if new clusters are popping up then we have a problem. Then they should do a 14-day full nationwide lockdown to break the chains instead of these halfwit half-measures.

First Beta variant case, four more clusters with over 500 infections found in Bangkok

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Phuket will set up seven #COVID19 testing centers across the island to facilitate testing for tourists in accordance with the #Phuket Sandbox scheme.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1409459058424352768

So if you test positive it becomes a quicksand box and the vaccination means naught once you've been duped into coming to the quicksand box and I guess once positive that when the rorting really kicks when you have to pay for the treaatment in the best hospitals, who needs the mafia when the master rorter Prayuth is in charge.Don't forget to read the fine print.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Phuket will set up seven #COVID19 testing centers across the island to facilitate testing for tourists in accordance with the #Phuket Sandbox scheme.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1409459058424352768

Is that ASQ quarantine system still working? Start to look like Phuket sandbox is even worse! Only "prison" is little bigger but cost more and chance to get covid is much higher!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Sound like a glorious holiday experience

In other words like they told me when I was in quarantine if you test positive you go to the hospital until you test negative. Bring lots of money 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

Is that ASQ quarantine system still working? Start to look like Phuket sandbox is even worse! Only "prison" is little bigger but cost more and chance to get covid is much higher!

Another Thai scam just like the ASQ scam. Thailand making money off a pandemic. Shameless 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, club said:

Another Thai scam just like the ASQ scam. Thailand making money off a pandemic. Shameless 

I know how stupid goverment people are but nobody cant be so stupid that believe tourist come in! They just try to get all money from expats who want come back home! 

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

First night in Phuket has to be sent in your hotel room while you wait for the results of first test, lovely. 

That sounds suspiciously like quarantine and one the may lead to a fully blown quarantine from your money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not aware of self isolation in Bangkok, unless it's new. 

They have them go home and wait until a hospital or center is found for them.  The ambulance then shows up, picks them up and transports them to a hospital when they start to become ill.  Many have been waiting days for a hospital and have been stuck at home because of no beds.  Just saw this on the TNN news again tonight.  So yes it would be easy for someone to say screw this and head home.  Discussions of home isolation are ongoing as of today and looks like they might make it happen with also giving the patients either Favipar or that Falai Jones plant extract.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, anchadian said:

COVID-19

Ensign: Sir, a runaway sailboat with many foreigners on-bard.

Captain: fire a burst from the main gun across the deck of the ship

Ensign, Sir you want me to shoot our deck?  

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ensign: Sir, a runaway sailboat with many foreigners on-bard.

Captain: fire a burst from the main gun across the deck of the ship

Ensign, Sir you want me to shoot our deck?  

Tourist, consider your selves in prison after reading this. Cancel your trip until this government can get a hold of this pandemic. Its the worse Covid outbreak we have had and now they want Tourist to be a experiment . Come back when they have the proper vaccines for the people  

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

53 hours until the Sandbox is officially opened.  Keep your safety goggles on folks, its going to get bumpy before then I am afraid.

Hope no Oz folk on flights to sandpit. The gov will stop them from leaving.

37 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

Don't forget naval patrols to make sure you can't escape by boat.

My favourite part will be hoping I test positive so I can have a wonderful Thailand experience of sleeping with strangers on cardboard boxes for 2 weeks.  

Can hardly wait for all the unexpected things to start happening!  ????

Just now, Blumpie said:

My favourite part will be hoping I test positive so I can have a wonderful Thailand experience of sleeping with strangers on cardboard boxes for 2 weeks.  

Can hardly wait for all the unexpected things to start happening!  ????

2 weeks!!!! They will not let you go into the public if you still test positive after 2 weeks. 

• Haha 1