Chon Buri bans liquor sales and gatherings with alcohol at night starting Saturday

webfact

3 minutes ago, 2long said:

From 8pm - 4am.... but it's illegal to sell it outside (closed) bars after midnight anyway.

So the ban is from 8pm until midnight.

Just buy it early and start drinking earlier.

Nothing wrong with drinking, must drinking in bars with many people is a problem. As social distancing and common sense go out of the window once more alcohol is consumed.

In a bar your with people you don't know if at home the risk to you and others is less. At least you get a warning from a friend if the catch it or you can do the same for others. Plus at home the groups are often not big.

Its not alcohol that is the problem but the results of alcohol in combination with a group of people. Drinking alone with a friend or some friends is ok. Bars on the other hand are more crowded and contact tracing wont work.

To counter those that say then go to an not crowded bar.. that is impossible to police so the cops have to do a blanket ban. Its the only way to enforce. Even then like others said they cant enforce it all. WHy make their job harder in these trying times.

Covid is going up and up so now is just not the time to open up. No country in the world opens up bars when infections are on the rise. Its just stupid.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ronster said:

I don’t drink so makes little difference to me but it’s not making the numbers improve !

Explain to me how a food court or restaurant packed with people eating is so much safer than a bar with 10-50 people in it ? If you say spacial seating then your having a laugh as I have seen plenty of photos in the last year here with groups or families with up to 20 sitting at a table in places stuffing there face !

Buses , trains etc with people packed like sardines yet they don’t put a ban on them . 

Because you don't drink you have no idea i guess.

You do understand that alcohol is a social lubricant and that those who drink and slowly get intoxicated start to get closer talk louder and disregard rules. Alcohol just makes people do stupid things. We all have done that (me too). 

The other things you mention like food and transport are essential services. When people cant buy food or eat or go to their work then the country comes to a stand still. When bars are closed it does not impact that much and makes sure that there are a lot less infections.

Having said that the government must of course support those in the night life.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

None of these rules are about safety from a virus that killed less in a year than dies daily in thailand..

It's about taking more and more freedoms, land, and wealth permantly from citizens and to those in power.

Thailand is only following blueprint of other countries as they have sold that 99.97% survival is dangerous and you should obey regardless the absurdity of a decree..

Btw, the average age of covid death was 78.  Average age of all deaths was....78.  
Some numbers you just can't twist for the narrative.

Indeed your so right lockdowns are bad.. i mean Brazil did not do them and everything was fine there. India is also a shining example of how things should be.

If you think drinking beer is freedom then you do have a problem.

Plus like most deniers you forget about long covid that happens to 10% of the cases. Months and months of being sick and revalidating.. i mean.. lets just count only deaths so i can have my beer ????????

Lets also forget that the health system is about to explode and things will get a lot worse then.. But again.. not important my beer is the most important thing.

Edited by robblok
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ronster said:

I think if nothing changes in next 1-3 months business and job wise this government will be seeing daily revolt on the streets of Bkk .

That happened for a very long period last year didn't it? Thousands gathered and blocked roads, and they achieved exactly nothing. Nothing at all. All that happened was the government ordered uniforms to attack its own citizens with water cannons.

• Like 1

I am utterly surprised, that every Tom-Dick-and-Harry-governor (and they have 77 of those pristine examples of leadership) can create laws, dream up regulations and do whatever they please. 
Makes Bangkok's federal government obsolete while testing the waters, for temperature of how long can you fkcu the people.

Amazing, what you can do with a population of 70 million; are these all sheep looking forward to the journey into the slaughterhouse? 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Nothing wrong with drinking, must drinking in bars with many people is a problem. As social distancing and common sense go out of the window once more alcohol is consumed.

In a bar your with people you don't know if at home the risk to you and others is less. At least you get a warning from a friend if the catch it or you can do the same for others. Plus at home the groups are often not big.

Its not alcohol that is the problem but the results of alcohol in combination with a group of people. Drinking alone with a friend or some friends is ok. Bars on the other hand are more crowded and contact tracing wont work.

To counter those that say then go to an not crowded bar.. that is impossible to police so the cops have to do a blanket ban. Its the only way to enforce. Even then like others said they cant enforce it all. WHy make their job harder in these trying times.

Covid is going up and up so now is just not the time to open up. No country in the world opens up bars when infections are on the rise. Its just stupid.

"drinking with some friends is OK"?? 

Well not really, not according to the OP. Depends whether this ruling is one that will be enforced, will not be or will be occasionally when it suits. 

14 minutes ago, rott said:

"drinking with some friends is OK"?? 

Well not really, not according to the OP. Depends whether this ruling is one that will be enforced, will not be or will be occasionally when it suits. 

Depends if you drink alone with some friends at home nobody is going to bother you if you go out on the beach and drink that is an other story.

11 minutes ago, wmlc said:

Well guess what? In Pattaya, the working girls are getting hired to do villa parties. The old retirees hire them to come over with 2 or 3 guys to their condos. Guess what happens? I personally know people who have caught Covid this way in Patts. The Soi 6 girls who can’t stream anymore. They also go to these parties. There was an outbreak of Covid in the night wish group streams already. That’s why they have stopped now. These girls spread it at the private parties now. So for anyone who thinks this is a bad idea. Think again. 6000-8000 cases per day will turn into 20,000 very soon. People will start to die in the thousands if we don’t get this thing under control. While the vaccines are rolling out, everyone should just cool it on the partying. If I have to choose between death or a stupid beer, I know what my choice will be. 

Rubbish.

• Like 1

restrictions are only effective in conjunction with a well planned vaccine program which the government has so far failed to deliver. its a lot easier to shut things down and have the people suffer rather than purchasing effective vaccines and getting them into the arms of the people.  but as usual they took the cheapest and easiest way out which will ruin the country in the long run

• Like 2

What bars ?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

7 hours ago, webfact said:

In a fresh bid to contain the continuing spread of COVID-19 in Thailand’s eastern coastal province of Chon Buri, the provincial communicable disease committee issued an announcement today (Friday) forbidding the sale and distribution of liquor from 8pm until 4am, effective from Saturday and until further notice.

image.png.30b8eafc1b8e277c23c3ff2944fc93f2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, robblok said:

You do understand that alcohol is a social lubricant and that those who drink and slowly get intoxicated start to get closer talk louder and disregard rules. Alcohol just makes people do stupid things. We all have done that (me too). 

The other things you mention like food and transport are essential services. When people cant buy food or eat or go to their work then the country comes to a stand still. When bars are closed it does not impact that much and makes sure that there are a lot less infections.

people are basically stupid apes and alcohol just exposes this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, sapson said:

Are their not more people crammed together on the sky train and Mrt every day than their ever will be in bars etc.......and many of these Bangkonians pop down to Pattaya at the weekend.

Are they masked up or are they <deleted> up.... drunk people tend to forget the mask.

The elite move closer and closer to implementing a full prohibition on alcohol now that they have a half-***ed excuse.
The feds will soon be breaking up 'speak-easys' and pouring out bathtub kaow-lao while busting heads and adding to the prison populations.
60b612e320302708e84a3c3a.jpg.4b8015130a7d4d350a4dd017447708f9.jpg

• Like 2

They are allowing companies to purchase sinopharm for their staff, how about let bars and restaurants buy it for (on behalf of) their regulars to allow them to get back to business even if it was initially only a small bubble of customers.

• Like 1

When I drink at home I usually go out in the Soi after a few and kiss the passers by.... drinking is the problem ! Lol.....

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

When I drink at home I usually go out in the Soi after a few and kiss the passers by.... drinking is the problem ! Lol.....

I would say its your problem, and the problem of the passer by's if they don't want your kisses. ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rott said:

"Gathering to drink alcohol in a way which may contribute to the spread of Covid-19" is the wording. This is very open-ended and does not include your interpretation. Remember those people in Phuket sitting at home with some friends.? 

Yes I do but if you drink with a few friends i doubt there will be a problem full blow parties is an other thing. 

Didn’t say I had never drank and as someone who had a father who was an alcoholic and as someone who worked in several bars/ restaurants and owned  one then yes I obviously have no idea about drink and people  ! ????

You must hang out in all the wrong bars then , as most of places I see the people aren’t swinging from the lights etc . Proper staff won’t let it happen as it puts of return customers, which loses money for the business . Then as for the restaurants that are allowed to sell alcohol with food are you telling me none of them are going to be loud and do stupid things after too much wine ? But yet it’s allowed in these places .

From transport perspective that is an utter farce . I would rather take my chances in a bar with 50 drunk people than in a tube rammed full of people with the doors shut all standing shoulder to shoulder. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

So now can only buy from 11am-2pm and 5pm-8pm. 6 hours per day. My shopping hours are gonna have to be adjusted! ????

Land of Stoopid keeps getting sillier! Never fails to live up to that name. 

I have no idea where you live but I have no idea why you should need to change your shopping hours, there is a small mom n pop shop just around the corner from me, there I can buy almost any beer or spirit I want, they are open from crack of sparrow fart to 8 PM everyday.

Then within a few minutes drive of where I live (Darkside) there are at least 4 if not more bottle shops , again all open from early morning to early evening, usually cheaper than the convenience shops, supermarkets & mom n pop shops and no time restrictions, they only laws they adhere to is the big Buddhist days when sale of alcohol are forbidden but in the countryside even these are ignored.

So, get up, get out & make friends with your local bottle shop ???? that's supposed to be a smiley face

Edited by Golden Triangle
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1