Chon Buri bans liquor sales and gatherings with alcohol at night starting Saturday

webfact

2 hours ago, 2long said:

From 8pm - 4am.... but it's illegal to sell it outside (closed) bars after midnight anyway.

So the ban is from 8pm until midnight.

Just buy it early and start drinking earlier.

What bars are open ?

57 minutes ago, connda said:

The elite move closer and closer to implementing a full prohibition on alcohol now that they have a half-***ed excuse.

The "elite" own the breweries, doubt they want prohibition.

32 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have no idea where you live but I have no idea why you should need to change your shopping hours, there is a small mom n pop shop just around the corner from me, there I can buy almost any beer or spirit I want, they are open from crack of sparrow fart to 8 PM everyday.

Then within a few minutes drive of where I live (Darkside) there are at least 4 if not more bottle shops , again all open from early morning to early evening, usually cheaper than the convenience shops, supermarkets & mom n pop shops and no time restrictions, they only laws they adhere to is the big Buddhist days when sale of alcohol are forbidden but in the countryside even these are ignored.

So, get up, get out & make friends with your local bottle shop ???? that's supposed to be a smiley face

I am interested in what a bottle shop is in Thailand. 

In South Africa it is the equivalent of a UK off licence, never seen that here. 

4 hours ago, BestB said:

They keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting  a different outcome., not once have they closed the markets , actual source of spread on daily basis..

saying that, drive home last night at about 1 am. Thai area , many corner shops open serving food and alcohol, not a single cop Insight anywhere 

Hey, don't  blame the BiB the order was:

District chief officers of every district in Chon Buri, in their capacity as chiefs of the operations centres to control the disease, have been ordered to enforce the ban.

"Gathering to drink alcohol, in a way which may contribute to the spread of COVID-19 or which may cause a nuisance to other people, is . . .  banned".

I wonder if officials realize that they seem only to have banned gathering and not actual consumption? If people gather for a birthday party and later someone shows up with a bottle of the best, they should be home free. Of course the "may cause a nuisance" clause runs the other way; it doesn't say they have to have actually caused a nuisance to be liable to arrest, just that what they did "may cause a nuisance". Lots judgement calls = lots opportunities for funding . . . whatever.

16 minutes ago, johng said:

Thanks for that, I was looking for a suitable image, yours is ideal, hope that helps members on here who feel constrained by the hours that supermarkets & convenience stores keep.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Not surprised, as everyone knows that Covid only comes out after 8 pm at night and never during the daylight hours?

It's not the hours that are relevant it's the gathering of people, getting drunk and forgetting about the Covid safeguards and regulations.

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Thanks for that, I was looking for a suitable image,

That particular one has been there for at least 20 years   there are quite a few scattered around the Pattaya area.   I believe though that in the first  Pattaya "lockdown"  and alcohol ban they where all ordered closed

don't remember any reports of  those types of shops flaunting the ban, my local small

"mom and pop" shops did  but eventually they ran out too because the wholesalers ( like in the image)

could not deliver any more.  :-(

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

So buying drinks at 7.59 pm but not 8.01 pm is OK duh !!

Yes, obviously.  Duh.

You may not have noticed but there have always been restrictions on the hours during which alcohol could be bought/bars could be open.   The only thing that has changed, and that some posters are now complaining about, is the shorter permitted hours.

5 hours ago, ronster said:

So despite all bars and restaurants around the country not been allowed to open or sell alcohol over the last months the covid numbers grew and grew !!

The thing is that until last week all the bars and restaurants weren't closed (in Bangkok, certainly), they were open but not allowed to serve alcohol.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

The thing is that until last week all the bars and restaurants weren't closed (in Bangkok, certainly), they were open but not allowed to serve alcohol.

not allowed to serve alcohol......

this new directive harms them in what way ?

6 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

They should ban it in Chiang Mai I’m sure there’s a lot of people in Chiang Mai with the virus it goes unreported TIT

i passsed a group of them last night.     things are realllllly bad !The Walking Dead Sonequa Martin-Green as Sasha lying on pile of zombies 8 x  10 Inch Photo at Amazon's Entertainment Collectibles Store

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, johng said:

That particular one has been there for at least 20 years   there are quite a few scattered around the Pattaya area.   I believe though that in the first  Pattaya "lockdown"  and alcohol ban they where all ordered closed

don't remember any reports of  those types of shops flaunting the ban, my local small

"mom and pop" shops did  but eventually they ran out too because the wholesalers ( like in the image)

could not deliver any more.  ????

The one we use & have used for years was very good to us during the ban 'wink wink'

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

not allowed to serve alcohol......

this new directive harms them in what way ?

That's correct, they were not allowed to serve alcohol.

Who said that this new directive harm anyone?   I sure didn't.

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

so why even mention bars then... bored or just chasing dramatic effect ?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

so why even mention bars then... bored or just chasing dramatic effect ?

No, no "dramatic effect" (what?) was necessary, I was just responding to ronster's comment, that's why.   He mentioned bars, try to keep up.    Ronster's comment...

"So despite all bars and restaurants around the country not been allowed to open or sell alcohol over the last months the covid numbers grew and grew !!"