Chon Buri bans liquor sales and gatherings with alcohol at night starting Saturday

webfact

I don't really go the bars anymore. I do enjoy a few beers at home on a friday night.

I do have a lot sympathy for people more social than myself.  I have more sympathy for my local m&p shops.  They are really struggling.

IMOP buying a few beers to take home should not be a big problem.  Loitering & drinking. I do disagree with.

As for restaurants. I avoid them like the plague.  Pass a few each day with 60+ people. In really close quarters. Elbow to elbow.  Seems pretty stupid.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, no "dramatic effect" (what?) was necessary, I was just responding to ronster's comment, that's why.   He mentioned bars, try to keep up.    Ronster's comment...

"So despite all bars and restaurants around the country not been allowed to open or sell alcohol over the last months the covid numbers grew and grew !!"

OMG, the bars and clubs  that are closed CANNOT sell booze after 8pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, no "dramatic effect" (what?) was necessary, I was just responding to ronster's comment, that's why.   He mentioned bars, try to keep up.    Ronster's comment...

"So despite all bars and restaurants around the country not been allowed to open or sell alcohol over the last months the covid numbers grew and grew !!"

OMG, the bars and clubs  that are closed CANNOT sell booze after 8pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG.

That was ronster's comment, not mine, what are you going on about?     If you're so intent on having an argument have it with him!

By the way, restaurants and some bars have been open in Bangkok until last week though not permitted to sell alcohol.

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

By the way, restaurants and some bars have been open in Bangkok until last week though not permitted to sell alcohol.

By the way this is the Pattaya forum and this new directive is about Pattaya.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

By the way this is the Pattaya forum and this new directive is about Pattaya.

By the way, you really need to read the posts that I respond to and the context of my replies before giving your unwanted advice to me about anything.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

By the way, you really need to read the posts that I respond to and the context of my replies before giving your unwanted advice to me about anything.

you need a tissue ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's not correct, many markets have been reported as being closed due to outbreaks.

And he strikes again. Markets that have been found positive were closed, thousands of markets remain open.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

That's not correct, many markets have been reported as being closed due to outbreaks.

And he strikes again. Markets that have been found positive were closed, thousands of markets remain open.

Was there something incorrect about what I said, then?  Many markets have been closed!

Do you think that every market in Thailand should be closed?  You know, the places where the majority of ordinary Thais buy their essentials such as food?   How about if all the places where foreigners buy their food were closed also, would you agree with that?

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

The pubs in the UK were shut down for well over a year, as soon as they opened up again guess what happened.

Well over a year ?? Nonsense !

Pubs and restaurants were initially closed for about 3 months. Reopened on July 4th 2020. There was no spike in cases at that time.

Next problem was not till September when Universities and schools reopened, so don't go blaming pubs like the government love to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

You're right of course, but it was intended as a joke. Kinda lost the context without the 3 laughing emotions which obviously are blocked now. Guess they're gonna treat us even more like children than before. 555 <insert clinking beer mugs here>????

Yep the AWOL emojis are a bit of a bummer, no problems, I completely understand & would've got the joke with smiley faces ( thumbs up emoji )

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

The pubs in the UK were shut down for well over a year, as soon as they opened up again guess what happened.

And when you say 'opened up' you mean drinking indoors only whilst seated, no singing, no shouting, no ordering at the bar, mask worn unless seated - not even neare the unfettered dream of the 'definitely not alkies' - spouting high volume garbage to anyone within earshot whilst striding/wobbling around.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ericisking said:

Well over a year ?? Nonsense !

Pubs and restaurants were initially closed for about 3 months. Reopened on July 4th 2020. There was no spike in cases at that time.

Next problem was not till September when Universities and schools reopened, so don't go blaming pubs like the government love to do.

You are perfectly free to believe what you want, even that cases are no higher now than they were on the 17th May.

7 minutes ago, mrfill said:

And when you say 'opened up' you mean drinking indoors only whilst seated, no singing, no shouting, no ordering at the bar, mask worn unless seated - not even neare the unfettered dream of the 'definitely not alkies' - spouting high volume garbage to anyone within earshot whilst striding/wobbling around.

Quite, it certainly wasn't unfettered access to boozing inside.

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Logic is a strange concept to beer lovers. While i am against the ban on sale of alcohol. Not opening night life and making sure that drinking people are not close together is good of course.

You Sir have no clue what your talking about. The numbers are high without bars, they would be even higher with.

In most civilized countries did they close bars the first in The Netherlands and even in the UK where closing a pup is equal to sacrilege. So why is it that the bar flies that emigrated to Thailand make such a fuzz as its the same as in their home country.

Now of course all the most of the night life lovers live in Pattaya and put their selfish desires in front of the common good. Not so strange kinda like druggies needing a fix. 

not 'kinda like druggies' , they are druggies. Don't understand people that segregate all mind altering substances from alcohol just because society decided to legalize the worst drug in use. 

https://www.addictioncenter.com/community/is-alcohol-a-drug/

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

District chief officers of every district in Chon Buri, in their capacity as chiefs of the operations centres to control the disease, have been ordered to enforce the ban.

It wouldn't work here. Brothers in law are both district chief and deputy, village head geezer is one of the worst offenders. Last year we had security posts, manned from 11pm to 4 am. Nothing this year.

Shops selling and permitting drinking on the premises, well, when I say shop and premises, I mean somebody's house and their garden, will not  close, as they sell everything else. Someone will buy a bottle of beer with their Mama, someone else will smell it, and there will be a weeping and wailing in the streets. Both brothers in law will rock up, followed by the head geezer and there will be a party.

Ban all this as you can, but he prepared for a reality check.

Was there something incorrect about what I said, then?  Many markets have been closed!

Do you think that every market in Thailand should be closed?  You know, the places where the majority of ordinary Thais buy their essentials such as food?   How about if all the places where foreigners buy their food were closed also, would you agree with that?

Yes I do believe every market in Thailand should be closed. Ordinary thai ? What is that? Are there also extra ordinary thai ? Do you know where Thailand is on the map? 

13 hours ago, sandyf said:

No they weren't; at least not continuously. And since reopening, deaths and hospitalisations are at an all time low. The general consensus is that in reality the hospitality industry, if well managed, is not a serious spreader of covid.

1 hour ago, DoctorB said:

And since reopening, deaths and hospitalisations are at an all time low.

This is due to vaccinating the population.

The majority of new cases are now vaccinated people.  Chose not to vax, that's your risk.  As more and more countries vaccinate to around 70%, if not more, they will start opening up and the short, but sharp, covid era will come to pass.  Those who chose not to vax, and die, will be third page news.    

1 hour ago, DoctorB said:

The general consensus is that in reality the hospitality industry, if well managed, is not a serious spreader of covid.

Rubbish.

20 hours ago, Leaver said:

This is due to vaccinating the population.

The majority of new cases are now vaccinated people.  Chose not to vax, that's your risk.  As more and more countries vaccinate to around 70%, if not more, they will start opening up and the short, but sharp, covid era will come to pass.  Those who chose not to vax, and die, will be third page news.    

Rubbish.

Well managed is the key phrase !

You might be surprised at the time and effort that has gone into upgrading and safeguarding hospitality venues in the UK.

However long term thinking and government support play a big part so all bets are off for Thailand.

Vaccination is absolutely key , it drives everything , until a large percentage of their population is fully and adequately treated , no country is going to progress.

18 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Well managed is the key phrase !

You might be surprised at the time and effort that has gone into upgrading and safeguarding hospitality venues in the UK.

However long term thinking and government support play a big part so all bets are off for Thailand.

Vaccination is absolutely key , it drives everything , until a large percentage of their population is fully and adequately treated , no country is going to progress.

Do you have confidence in the Thai government to adequately manage anything, I don't.

The Thai government is in control of the health of the Thai population, including foreigners, and that's a scary thought.